Votes: 3 30.0%
  • NO

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Hypothetical - State either A or B, answer only 1

A. IF you answered YES to the poll, and had a $1000 bankroll to bet with, how much of it, if any, would you be willing to bet at 3-1 odds of the AZ Cardinals making it to (playing in) a Super Bowl by Jan. 2030.

B. IF you answered NO to the poll, and had $1000 in your savings account, how much of it, if any, would you be willing to withdraw for a Gift to your Wife/GF (Hubby/BF) for Valentines Day Feb. 2023.

B. $0

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I generally do not wager. But i do occasionally bet on a football game or play poker.
Those are skills.
Slots, craps, roullette...thats gambling. I dont gamble.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
By the way. A or B....the answer is zero. Savings are meant to be saved.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A: By 2030 no, within 10 years, possibly. I'd bet it at 6/1 though.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Any bet at odds less than 100-1 is idiotic if it could take years to come to fruition.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Any bet at odds less than 100-1 is idiotic if it could take years to come to fruition.
In this case, we are talking over a 7 year period in which there will be a total of 14 times teams will participate in those Super Bowls. With only 32 teams, you think there is any team that would not have at least a 7 year or less plan to develop their team to challenge to be one of those 14. I think most teams would take that bet at even money. If their coaches could not get their players on board to win it all over the next 5-7 years, I would think they would fire them now and find someone with a better plan.

And I think any owner, and any GM and Coach that they hired, would take that bet at 3-1 over 7 years, or they have little to no confidence in their ability. What would their interview look like? ¨Oh we will never be winners, but I assure you that I can turn us into a .500 team by the end of this decade.¨

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In this case, we are talking over a 7 year period in which there will be a total of 14 times teams will participate in those Super Bowls. With only 32 teams, you think there is any team that would not have at least a 7 year or less plan to develop their team to challenge to be one of those 14. I think most teams would take that bet at even money. If their coaches could not get their players on board to win it all over the next 5-7 years, I would think they would fire them now and find someone with a better plan.

And I think any owner, and any GM and Coach that they hired, would take that bet at 3-1 over 7 years, or they have little to no confidence in their ability. What would their interview look like? ¨Oh we will never be winners, but I assure you that I can turn us into a .500 team by the end of this decade.¨
I think anyone that would wait 7 years to have a chance to, at most, triple their money, is a word that would get me banned. If anyone at all is interested in doing so, PM me and I’ll guarantee to double it in 2 for 15% of the winnings.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I still say it isn´t so bad of a bet. If I bet $100, I get 7 tries, so lets say after even 3 years they still don´t make it to the Super Bowl, I still have not lost anything. I get another chance the next year, and the next year, and the next year, and the next, and it doesn´t cost me another dime. And if they ever do finally win, I still get paid not $100, but 3 times that after all those chances.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave