R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2023)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Life as a Cardinal fan is spent walking in the shadows most of the time. There have been a LOT of pathetic seasons in my time as a fan of this team but this season is one of the most surreal ones. It's like I feel I need to look around and see if Rod Serling is standing in the corner, cigarette smoking, eerily narrating the event we are about to see. From the tampering thing with Gannon, a coach NO OTHER TEAM was even sniffing, to the QB conundrum with Colt McCoy being "the guy", to the trading for Dobbs at the last minute, to the trading OF Dobbs 2 weeks prematurely, not to mention the Bidwill crap, it has been crazy.
The trading of Dobbs could not have happened two weeks after it did. First aid foremost because he was traded on the trade deadline. But secondly even if we could have traded him later the Vikings would have already made a move because they needed a QB now.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We're 2-9 and the Dark Side has never been quieter because we're right where we're supposed to be.

We might actually hit our Vegas under of 4.5 wins. Anonymous, professional losing was our ceiling this season.
Yep. I expected (and still do) 4 wins and feel I'm being optimistic.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We're 2-9 and the Dark Side has never been quieter because we're right where we're supposed to be.

We might actually hit our Vegas under of 4.5 wins. Anonymous, professional losing was our ceiling this season.
Well, we've done a great job of the being bad part. The getting good again part seems to be the question mark part, ala the underpants gnomes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I see one win at most (either Rams this week or Bears Xmas Eve). Otherwise, The Niners, Eagles, Seahawks are definitely losses (Eagles will still need a W to clinch HFA, Seahawks will likely still need a W to get into playoffs) and at Pittsburg against that defense is more than likely an ugly, boring loss also.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see one win at most (either Rams this week or Bears Xmas Eve). Otherwise, The Niners, Eagles, Seahawks are definitely losses (Eagles will still need a W to clinch HFA, Seahawks will likely still need a W to get into playoffs) and at Pittsburg against that defense is more than likely an ugly, boring loss also.
Have you watched the Seahawks of late? Not saying we’ll beat them, but it’ll be a one score game. The Steelers are beatable too, but I’m certain the officiating in Pittsburgh will be atrocious. Otherwise, I agree with your post. If the Bears D plays like they did against Detroit for the first 57 minutes, we won’t stand a chance.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if some of the coaching decisions were done with an effort to create adversity.
Going for 2 to test what we need to do in the future to be successful.
Forgoing a fg to make the offense get 2 yards and a first down.
If we succeed , okay we win.
If we fail, okay we learn and continue to tank.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
"We don't have the capacity for 4 wins"

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 3

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Life as a Cardinal fan is spent walking in the shadows most of the time. There have been a LOT of pathetic seasons in my time as a fan of this team but this season is one of the most surreal ones. It's like I feel I need to look around and see if Rod Serling is standing in the corner, cigarette smoking, eerily narrating the event we are about to see. From the tampering thing with Gannon, a coach NO OTHER TEAM was even sniffing, to the QB conundrum with Colt McCoy being "the guy", to the trading for Dobbs at the last minute, to the trading OF Dobbs 2 weeks prematurely, not to mention the Bidwill crap, it has been crazy.

This team plays hard but just isn't talented enough to play an entire game well enough to win. The defense plays over its head for a half and that's about it. The offense with Dobbs was atrocious, notwithstanding his newfound 15 minutes of fame as the "Passtronaut", but I guess he served the purpose of getting them to 1-8. Murray returns and in a short sample of 2 games looks like he is pretty much what he's been his entire career, some "WOW!" plays mixed in with some "WTF?!" plays. Inconsistent. Blame it on the rust, injury fallout or whatever, it is what it is.

I can't see any way they can turn this around and be a playoff contender next season. Too many holes to fill. There are a few who seem to have utmost confidence in the "new regime" and that's fine, except I can't figure out why anyone could after this first campaign. Wish I could smoke that hopium but I just can't.

Well, back in the shadows for me. Better luck next year, or the next, or the...
Imagine if you will, a world...
a world in which a team of scrappy underdogs battle through adversity and strife...to not just compete but to win...

yup. Twilight zone

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I have faith that we'll stick to 2 wins. Gannon did a masterful job of making sure the tank was still on last weekend by making the right key decisions in the game for it. Now we just need NE and the Panthers to find one more win.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

$80mil in cap space and double-digit volume of draft picks next year. This year’s draft gave us a few quality starters and backups, and McBride is developing from last year’s draft. Moore and Dortch have looked good and we’ll probably add a bigger body target in FA or in the draft to compliment Wilson at WR. We go into next year with 3-5 new starters on each side of the ball and a ton of prospects, and we’re going to be a year ahead in our rebuild b/c of what this team is doing.

I’m not for tanking, but the future looks bright for this team as long as Kyler continues to compete and we stay healthy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave