R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2022)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Lol. I’m not even on the Darkside anymore. The double barreled 5 year extensions effectively lobotomized the part of my brain that thinks about the Cardinals.

This Simpsons clip describes it perfectly:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
We're back to these days.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I would have fired Keim and Kliff. I would have traded Murray day 1 when his value was the max because like 10 teams needed a QB. I would have traded / not resigned all the old guys.
Eh, the Murray thing is dicey. You're probably right. Still, I want to see if he can put it together this year. If not, then trade him. There'll be takers.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So that's what I would have done. Tear it all down. And I might be an idiot for doing that but basically we did the exact opposite.

It's all on Kyler now. If he gets the same old team to the playoffs with less talent I will declare him the guy

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would have fired Keim and Kliff. I would have traded Murray day 1 when his value was the max because like 10 teams needed a QB. I would have traded / not resigned all the old guys.
Major downside of this is that the Panthers did the same exact thing after 2018 & now their situation looks even worse now than when they started from the bottom.

Tricky situation.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would’ve been fired Keim. Clearly the biggest problem within the organization.

I’d soften up on Kliff a bit. If he & Kyler can take this rather pathetic roster to the playoffs, I’ll be with them until it’s really necessary.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would’ve been fired Keim. Clearly the biggest problem within the organization.

I’d soften up on Kliff a bit. If he & Kyler can take this rather pathetic roster to the playoffs, I’ll be with them until it’s really necessary.
I’d have canned keim and kliff and begged Sean Peyton to see what he could make of kyler.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have been a fan since 1982, and I can't remember being this frustrated by an offseason. I have probably been angrier, but never this frustrated.

I struggle to see this team's identity or direction. We lack a solid core of young players, and the Kyler situation has been handled so poorly. But the most devastating part to me is the Keim extension. Keim is fine when he is adding pieces to an established core, but he is out if his element when he is forced to build the core himself.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have been a fan since 1982, and I can't remember being this frustrated by an offseason. I have probably been angrier, but never this frustrated.

I struggle to see this team's identity or direction. We lack a solid core of young players, and the Kyler situation has been handled so poorly. But the most devastating part to me is the Keim extension. Keim is fine when he is adding pieces to an established core, but he is out if his element when he is forced to build the core himself.

Attachments

• meta 2.jpg
    meta 2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Easy to come over to the dark side this year when:

1, Season ticket holders needed to make a payment by mid January which is more than a month earlier than normal. I got my notice in mid-December. Merry Christmas from the Cardinals.
2. KK and Keim contracts were extend for 5 years instead of being on the hot seat for the 2nd half collapse for the 2nd straight year.
3. Terrible handling of the Kyler Murray contract situation
4. Passive approach to free agency while many teams are getting better
5. An owner who has gone into hiding and denial.
6. Just added almost forgot: A team that can't win at home games. Being a season ticket holder this really sucks!!!

So how do you look on the bright side of things???? :bang:

Last edited:

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
I don't understand the darkside mentality and hopefully you guys can help shed some light. Since coming to Arizona our beloved Cards have had 7 winning seasons. 4 of those have been under Keim. In fact I will make the claim that he is the greatest GM the the Cards have ever had in their entire 100+ year history. Further, the past 10 years have been the greatest 10 year stretch in team history as well.

Again, I'm curious why the "darkside" is upset and not enjoying what is literally a golden era for the Cards. We went 11-6 last year with a ton of injuries at high impact skill positions and had the misfortune of playing the SB Champs in their house. This is the golden age of Cards football right now, as good as it's ever been and likely as good as it will ever be.

So again, why so glum friends?