R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2017)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's never too early to start this annual ASFN thread.

Here we go again...

R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E

:jedi:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've had concerns all off season with the WRs, DL, and CBs not named Peterson. We simply do not have the horses at these positions this year, and with Humphries and Johnson down for a while, the early part of the season looks daunting. We should beat Indy, but it's a road game, and we stand no chance against Dallas. We could easily be 0-3, and I'm usually a fairly optimistic fan.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
One week in.......

Lost our LT.
Lost our offensive centerpiece.
Our Pass Rush was weak.
Honey Badger was invisible.
Where was Budda?
Palmer looked like he was ready for retirement.
Still missing FG's.
John Brown showed up for one series.

:cry::gun:

:computer:

:help:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mathieu was clearly 2-3 steps behind any WR he was covering. Whole team was not ready for prime time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not much light from yesterday.

hopefully Diche comes back this week and gets a little upfront pressure. But man... Diche, Buc and Humphries as first rounders so far is an ugly bunch right now. At least Reddick showed some flashes. I saw speed on that guy I hadn't seen in pre-season.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I will raise you one...

On March 7th, 2018

We will have a new Head Coach
We will have a new QB
We will have a new RT
We will have a new LG
JJ Nelson will be our best WR under contract
We will once again be wondering who our #2 CB will be

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
not much light from yesterday.

hopefully Diche comes back this week and gets a little upfront pressure. But man... Diche, Buc and Humphries as first rounders so far is an ugly bunch right now. At least Reddick showed some flashes. I saw speed on that guy I hadn't seen in pre-season.

As of right now, Keim's first round picks of Jonathan Cooper, Deone Bucannon, DJ Humphries, Robert Nkemdiche, and Haason Reddick looks like a complete poo show. The book is far from closed, but a pretty garbage resume to this poiint. (Reddick counts but doesn't count at this point, he looked like he can play in the league).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of right now, Keim's first round picks of Jonathan Cooper, Deone Bucannon, DJ Humphries, Robert Nkemdiche, and Haason Reddick looks like a complete **** show. The book is far from closed, but a pretty garbage resume to this poiint. (Reddick counts but doesn't count at this point, he looked like he can play in the league).

jesus... I forgot about the waste of space Cooper was/is.

That is an absolutely AWFUL track record in the first round... from high to medium to low picks. They all pretty much stink/make very little impact/can't stay on the field.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I will raise you one...

On March 7th, 2018

We will have a new QB
We will have a new RT
We will have a new LG
And to add to this we still won't have a true FS
We still won't have any interior DLine worth a ****
We will still need another ILB as Dansby will retire

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
jesus... I forgot about the waste of space Cooper was/is.

That is an absolutely AWFUL track record in the first round... from high to medium to low picks. They all pretty much stink/make very little impact/can't stay on the field.
Yeah, it is pretty bad.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I will raise you one...

On March 7th, 2018

We will have a new QB
We will have a new RT
We will have a new LG

This is my real concern. I'm almost dreading the rest of the season and the next couple of seasons to come. It's a lot of concern after one game... but yikes.

To be slightly optimistic, I think we could end up 3-4 at the bye, 4-4 after the bye and be eligible to get DJ back in time for TNF depending on his recovery.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I still don't get why BA wanted to switch DJH to left tackle. He was decent at RT.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As of right now, Keim's first round picks of Jonathan Cooper, Deone Bucannon, DJ Humphries, Robert Nkemdiche, and Haason Reddick looks like a complete **** show. The book is far from closed, but a pretty garbage resume to this poiint. (Reddick counts but doesn't count at this point, he looked like he can play in the league).
Wow I've been a big supporter of Keim based on his work in the middle rounds and his one-year prove it capabilities. But there's no bigger indictment of a GM than a slew of failed first round selections. That will KILL a franchise for years.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Wow I've been a big supporter of Keim based on his work in the middle rounds and his one-year prove it capabilities. But there's no bigger indictment of a GM than a slew of failed first round selections. That will KILL a franchise for years.

In all reality, this is why our roster is where it is at...

1-If Cooper is even a marginal player, we never spend 8 mil per year on Iupati...

2-If Bucannon is better than average in 2016, we don't spend a first rounder on Reddick.

3-If Humphries is a top 15 LT, we are set going into 2018 at LT and RG. Even if we keep Iupati and Shipley, we are only looking to replace our expensive and aging RT.

4-If Nkemdiche could be healthy and a top 15 interior DL-our defense is well balanced and has a young playmaker at every level.

Instead, we are locked into Iupati at 9 mil per year preventing us from paying Calais Campbell or another WR.

We used a 2017 draft pick on an ILB because we aren't going to pay Bucannon the 8 mil he is owed in 2018, and we have no other viable starting ILB on the roster.

We have no idea if four of our five starting OL will even be on our roster in 2019 because we have no idea if Humphries can play LT because he can't stay healthy enough. Along with probably replacing our RT in 2018, we will need to use big money to get a viable replacement.

Nkemdiche has shown nothing to make anyone believe that he can be a viable threat inside, and we will be losing two of our three starting DL at the end of this season. More money needed becasue we don't know if we have a viable starting player.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2017 - in with a whimper...out with a whimper

We have a very fast safety positioned at strong safety

We have a strong hitting and good tackling safety with speed/age issues at free safety

We have an old guy, a safety, a DE and a backup as our starting ILB core

We drafted 2 of our 7 DL - of those two, one is always injured, the other is inconsequential

We have a defensive coordinator that likes use all his ammo in the first half of the game and then cross his finger the second half, generating enough good stats to keep us in the top 10 of defenses but with a losing record

And this is the strong part of the team.

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
Season so far not starting out well for the team. As really hope that they can rebound. To see Carson and Larry both ride off into the sunset with a Lombardi trophy. But just stay positive you all. Only first game of the year.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In all reality, this is why our roster is where it is at...

1-If Cooper is even a marginal player, we never spend 8 mil per year on Iupati...

2-If Bucannon is better than average in 2016, we don't spend a first rounder on Reddick.

3-If Humphries is a top 15 LT, we are set going into 2018 at LT and RG. Even if we keep Iupati and Shipley, we are only looking to replace our expensive and aging RT.

4-If Nkemdiche could be healthy and a top 15 interior DL-our defense is well balanced and has a young playmaker at every level.

Instead, we are locked into Iupati at 9 mil per year preventing us from paying Calais Campbell or another WR.

We used a 2017 draft pick on an ILB because we aren't going to pay Bucannon the 8 mil he is owed in 2018, and we have no other viable starting ILB on the roster.

We have no idea if four of our five starting OL will even be on our roster in 2019 because we have no idea if Humphries can play LT because he can't stay healthy enough. Along with probably replacing our RT in 2018, we will need to use big money to get a viable replacement.

Nkemdiche has shown nothing to make anyone believe that he can be a viable threat inside, and we will be losing two of our three starting DL at the end of this season. More money needed becasue we don't know if we have a viable starting player.
I'd say Reddick was more about replacing minter than anything to do with deone

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk