Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
RIP Michael. I always believed the story that a firecracker went off in his hand and he started playing guitar to regain dexterity in his fingers. But now with the internet, we find out that was false. He was a man of many talents.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RIP Michael. I always believed the story that a firecracker went off in his hand and he started playing guitar to regain dexterity in his fingers. But now with the internet, we find out that was false. He was a man of many talents.
Here is a true story about him: Nesmith was the only child of Bette Nesmith, the inventor of Liquid Paper, a typewriter correction product; she sold the company to Gillette in 1979 for $48 million, a fortune her son would inherit after her death in 1980.

He was also the only Monkee to write original material for the group. He also wrote Different Drum for Linda Ronstadt (then of the Stone Poneys).

RIP.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He also created basically the first real music video show, a show that would be morphed into MTV

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here is a true story about him: Nesmith was the only child of Bette Nesmith, the inventor of Liquid Paper, a typewriter correction product; she sold the company to Gillette in 1979 for $48 million, a fortune her son would inherit after her death in 1980.

He was also the only Monkee to write original material for the group. He also wrote Different Drum for Linda Ronstadt (then of the Stone Poneys).

RIP.
I believe the other 3 wrote some songs for the album "Justus" in the 90's but was too lazy to look up to verify that :cool:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave