R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial

R. Kelly, the R&B superstar known for his anthem “I Believe I Can Fly,” was convicted Monday in a sex trafficking trial after decades of avoiding criminal responsibility for numerous allegations of misconduct with young women and children.

A jury of seven men and five women found Kelly, 54, guilty of all nine counts, including racketeering, on their second day of deliberations. Kelly, wearing a face mask, remained motionless, eyes downcast as the verdict was read in federal court in Brooklyn.

Prosecutors alleged that the entourage of managers and aides who helped Kelly meet girls — and keep them obedient and quiet — amounted to a criminal enterprise. Two people have been charged with Kelly in a separate federal case that's pending in Chicago.

Kelly was also convicted of criminal counts accusing him of violating the Mann Act, which makes it illegal to take anyone across state lines “for any immoral purpose.”

Kelly faces up to 20 years in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for May 4.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

R. Kelly faces sentencing, could spend rest of life in prison​

Singer and convicted sexual predator R. Kelly will appear before a judge today for sentencing in a Brooklyn federal court for racketeering that involved a dozen separate criminal acts, including sex with underage girls.

The former R&B crooner, whose real name is Robert Kelly, could spend the rest of his life in prison. Federal prosecutors say he deserves to be sentenced in "excess of 25 years" due to the severe nature of his offenses.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The R Kelly thing seems to have lasted for 30 years. My first reaction seeing the headline today was, "He wasn't already in prison?"
He has slithered out of it responsibility until now.

He should be in prison for life

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doesn't he have charges in Chicago waiting for him? I thought that is what I heard on the radio.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He’s going to have to revise the hook:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple of things that may interest only me:

1. Around 1993/1994, I won free tickets from Best Buy to an R.Kelly concert. It was my first concert, so my dad took me and I was maybe 8 or 9 years old at the time. All I remember is RKelly getting into a bathtub with a scantily clad woman and my dad going NOPE and carried me out of that venue so fast.

2. One of my first AOL screen names was RKelly4Eva. LOL!

That’s it. That’s all I wanted to share. I was a huge R.Kelly fan in the 90s but yeah, can’t even listen to his songs now without thinking of the horrible things he has done.

I hope he rots.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple of things that may interest only me:

1. Around 1993/1994, I won free tickets from Best Buy to an R.Kelly concert. It was my first concert, so my dad took me and I was maybe 8 or 9 years old at the time. All I remember is RKelly getting into a bathtub with a scantily clad woman and my dad going NOPE and carried me out of that venue so fast.

2. One of my first AOL screen names was RKelly4Eva. LOL!

That’s it. That’s all I wanted to share. I was a huge R.Kelly fan in the 90s but yeah, can’t even listen to his songs now without thinking of the horrible things he has done.

I hope he rots.
If you ever request a screen name change, we just got a top contender: RKelly4Eva

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose