Quick Thoughts - Rams

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
~Probably the smartest Kyler game he’s played. This was the first game in which I felt like every decision he made was the right one. Few missed reads, no forced plays, and kept his eyes forward. One example was on the last drive with goal to go, Kyler called a design run to the left and as soon as he saw two rams in his face, went down immediately. There was no reason for him to even try and force anything. Small example, but shows he’s learning

~James Conner is the most aggressive running back we’ve had in quite some time. When he makes contact, he just tried to keep going forward and has great vision to boot.

~AJ Green has looked vintage AJ Green, and that’s important especially when Hop has a guy like RAmsey covering him. If AJ is playing anything near to his 2015 level, that’s just unfair

~Where the hell is the pass rush? Last year, Vance was able to manufacture a pass rush with exotic blitzes. Not seeing as much of it. Today was a lot of hoping Stafford would have errant throws and his WRs would drop them.

~Run defense has been putrid since after we played Tennessee

~Jalen Thompson has been a stud. Guy was playing like AW. All over the field and exerting his will physically

~Who had Maxx Williams as one of the top receiving targets on the team to begin the season. This has been the most pleasant surprise of the season. Guy is slow as molasses, but has reliable hands and keeps going forward

~Chris Myers is a terrible announcer and clearly was play calling with a Marshall Faulk jersey underneath his suit.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
~Not ready to recant my “Fire Kliff” take. He took a huge step forward from the hot seat today and closer to the Paradise Valley pent house, but situational awareness when the game is close is an issue. The team executed well, which made play calling an afterthought

~Remember 2012? 4-0 only to go 5-11 to end the season? Not saying that that’s the likely outcome, but before you get excited, that’s a reminder of how south this thing can go when you’re a CArds fan, though this team is much better than 2012

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
~Probably the smartest Kyler game he’s played. This was the first game in which I felt like every decision he made was the right one. Few missed reads, no forced plays, and kept his eyes forward. One example was on the last drive with goal to go, Kyler called a design run to the left and as soon as he saw two rams in his face, went down immediately. There was no reason for him to even try and force anything. Small example, but shows he’s learning

~James Conner is the most aggressive running back we’ve had in quite some time. When he makes contact, he just tried to keep going forward and has great vision to boot.

~AJ Green has looked vintage AJ Green, and that’s important especially when Hop has a guy like RAmsey covering him. If AJ is playing anything near to his 2015 level, that’s just unfair

~Where the hell is the pass rush? Last year, Vance was able to manufacture a pass rush with exotic blitzes. Not seeing as much of it. Today was a lot of hoping Stafford would have errant throws and his WRs would drop them.

~Jalen Thompson has been a stud. Guy was playing like AW. All over the field and exerting his will physically

~Who had Maxx Williams as one of the top receiving targets on the team to begin the season. This has been the most pleasant surprise of the season. Guy is slow as molasses, but has reliable hands and keeps going forward

~Chris Myers is a terrible announcer and clearly was play calling with a Marshall Faulk jersey underneath his suit.
We do not have a dominating defense, however, with this offense we just need to be adequate.
I think the philosophy is to take away what can hurt you most. Today that was Kupp, Wood, and Jackson.
All that being said, limiting points is the bottom line. Yardage between the 30 yard lines may be frustrating at times but only giving up 20 pts. to the second highest scoring team is the real measure of the defense.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lots to be happy about....

My criticisms:

How do you not blitz Stafford 20+ times? Thank God he had an off day..... Seems like multiple times he could have eaten a sandwich before he threw.
How do you let Stafford look like Kyler Murray running the ball multiple times?

Why does Rondale Moore come off the field?? Like...ever?

Seems like he comes in once a series.... Makes a good-great play... Then heads to the bench till the next series.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

My criticisms:

How do you not blitz Stafford 20+ times? Thank God he had an off day..... Seems like multiple times he could have eaten a sandwich before he threw.

Seems like he comes in once a series.... Makes a good-great play... Then heads to the bench till the next series.
matt stafford will eat you alive if you blitz him.... the pass rush has to be organic,..win the matchups....we havent been great at that since week one.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

My criticisms:

If the CARDS did, Stafford would eat it up and him having to run is a bonus to the Cards.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Really solid post

The highlighted areas are still a major concern

Why isn't Collins playing? There is no excuse for him to be on the bench the entire game

What was with those gaping holes in the run game?

I could have run through them

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Thanks Captain Steal Yo' Girl! Haha.

Good call about Williams pass-catching ability. Pretty soft hands for a big guy.

Another great thing about him is that having him on the field doesn't tip the play call as bad as have a pure pass catching threat like Arnold in the formation.

He kicks @ss in the run game too. He's a grown ass man. He's underrated.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

My criticisms:

I don't remember Stafford being a World-beater vs the blitz... I'll take your guys word for it, I haven't watched him much unless he was playing us or a playoff game... ( So just a few lol)

Still don't understand why Moore comes off the field so often.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave