Quick thoughts on so called "ugly" win today

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
KM did enough today while the rest of his offense picked him up.

If you guys thought I hated Kyler Murray, you should hear how much I rag on Edmonds in person, haha.

There’s easy redemption here. We won, and that’s great stuff! I can’t do anything but love this.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After that ball slipped out of his hand on the screen pass to Fitz (it wasnt deflected as the announcers said) - Kliff completely stopped throwing the ball.

Could there be an issue with Kyler's hand size and gripping/throwing a wet ball? Do Kliff and Kyler know this and thats why they stopped throwing and left us scratching our heads as they ran on 3rd and longs?

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I see a horrible receiver corps with, wait for it, their pass catching RB DJ on the sidelines.

Without Kirk and DJ, Murray had few outlets and constant rain made KK stay very conservative. Barring a call here or there, I thought KK managed the offense very well.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is a future building type win. Confidence that when things aren't going their way, they can still find a way to win.

They can still find a way to win? I really don't understand that comment. We were ahead the whole game. We had zero t.o.'s, a good run game, and I think the D played outstanding.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After that ball slipped out of his hand on the screen pass to Fitz (it wasnt deflected as the announcers said) - Kliff completely stopped throwing the ball.

Could there be an issue with Kyler's hand size and gripping/throwing a wet ball? Do Kliff and Kyler know this and thats why they stopped throwing and left us scratching our heads as they ran on 3rd and longs?
Saw him throw a wet ball at OU. He did solid to me. It wasn't constant rain, but he can still rip it. However, what happened to the motion sweeps (pop pass) that were happening in the 1st half. Legit misdirection would have opened up things for him to throw to open wrs.

I know I'm going overboard, but if we're doing this to Daniel Jones led team then sheesh I'd hate to see what happens if we're going against Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, etc etc.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
There IS such a thing as an ugly win and this was it! I had fun watching it and going crazy with the up and down emotions lol

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I appreciate the hell for what Arians did for this franchise but no doubt in my mind he would’ve threw the ball a lot more than we did today.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We won. Awesome.
Murray played poorly. Sad to see.
The defense picked him up when it mattered. Best part of today.

He made zero turnovers, thier guy made three, and it was the difference in the game period.

What are people expecting? This kid to personally walk across their swimming pool and if he doesn't he did "poorly"?

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
They can still find a way to win? I really don't understand that comment. We were ahead the whole game. We had zero t.o.'s, a good run game, and I think the D played outstanding.

Poorly worded on my part, should have said, they didn't play their best and still won. Could have blown it in the end, but found a way to hold the lead.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He made zero turnovers, thier guy made three, and it was the difference in the game period.

What are people expecting? This kid to personally walk across their swimming pool and if he doesn't he did "poorly"?
Newb question:

Are games with fewer throws and more rushing yards regarded as lesser games for a quarterback?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

This is the it can be called the Kyler Cult. Two huge mental mistakes and under 105 yards passing. Only apologists call that a good game.

IT IS OK TO ADMIT THAT KYLER DID NOT HAVE A GOOD GAME WHEN HE DOESN'T HAVE A GOOD GAME. IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU THINK HE IS A BUST.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the it can be called the Kyler Cult. Two huge mental mistakes and under 105 yards passing. Only apologists call that a good game.

IT IS OK TO ADMIT THAT KYLER DID NOT HAVE A GOOD GAME WHEN HE DOESN'T HAVE A GOOD GAME. IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU THINK HE IS A BUST.

Didnt say he had a good game. I didn't. So stop yelling. He just made no turnovers to lose it, the other guy did, that is just a fact. :cheers:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Newb question:

Are games with fewer throws and more rushing yards regarded as lesser games for a quarterback?

I think I and most older fans say "no". But people obsessed with fantasy football say "yes"

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It’s also ok to admit he doesn’t call the offense and KK just didn’t dial up very many passing plays today. Then when Edmonds is having a career day it was easy for the COACH not to throw the ball. So KM did what was asked of him with Zero turnovers in a sloppy wet game. Although he should have thrown the ball away once and not ran out of bounds. But a few errors doesn’t mean he played poorly your judging purely by passing stats! If we are judging purely by passing stats then he is rookie of the year as he has set records for completions by a rookie thru six games, see how stats lie?

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How big an issue is it that Kyler has erred by hanging onto the ball too long a few times and not thrown it away?

I remember some analysis on here last year that Rosen was panicking, deciding too quickly that a play had broken down and not allowing receivers time to find space, also feeling that the pocket had collapsed before it had.

Is Kyler's 'problem' the lesser of two evils for a rookie QB?

Would think this issue would be easier for him to improve than if he was hurling it into the bleachers at the first sign of trouble

But I'm new to this sport :)

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The second best offensive player ran for about a buck fifty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I think he was more or less below average. He could have easily done what Jones did and turned the ball over 3 times. That would have been poor play, but he at least did a solid job of managing this game. Didn't have any turnovers and made some very solid throws to convert 3rd downs. Wasn't pretty, but he ultimately got the job done and I would only call it below average instead of simply average because he did have a couple bonehead decisions.
I hate to say but this makes a team much stronger as For Murray I am really starting to warm to him I still have memories of games like this where the QB literally lost them with bone head interceptions He Did not so good for him a 6-8 and 1 or 7-8 and 1record is very much a possibility now who would have thunk it I certainly did not

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Didnt say he had a good game. I didn't. So stop yelling. He just made no turnovers to lose it, the other guy did, that is just a fact. :cheers:
You said that people are expecting him to walk on water and if not, it is playing poorly. You can't walk back that ridiculous comment.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You said that people are expecting him to walk on water and if not, it is playing poorly. You can't walk back that ridiculous comment.

Ok, I can't. And I dont want to. Still didn't say he played a "good" game. He still doesn't have a turnover today either. "Poorly" is how Jones played. IMHO.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It’s also ok to admit he doesn’t call the offense and KK just didn’t dial up very many passing plays today. Then when Edmonds is having a career day it was easy for the COACH not to throw the ball. So KM did what was asked of him with Zero turnovers in a sloppy wet game. Although he should have thrown the ball away once and not ran out of bounds. But a few errors doesn’t mean he played poorly your judging purely by passing stats! If we are judging purely by passing stats then he is rookie of the year as he has set records for completions by a rookie thru six games, see how stats lie?
Two mental errors that led to 20 extra seconds at the end of the game and led to a blocked punt for a TD are a big deal when you only throw the ball for 104 yards on 21 attempts. It is ok that he didn't have good game. Good hell people.

It is ok to say Chandler Jones has a poor game when he has a poor game. Same for Patrick Peterson. Same for Kyler Murray.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson