Quick Thoughts - Jacksonville

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I want my QB to be aggressive so I don't hate INTs in general but the one vs the Jaguars was one that irritates me because that is being dumb, not aggressive.

Drop_D

Rookie
Reaction score
How often do you think kk provides time for the FG unit to practice kick coverage? Likely zero bc no one in their right mind contemplates attempting a 68 yard FG.

Funny but if we simply tackle Agnew nobody is talking about this.
On that play your linemen shouldn’t be running down the field like a kickoff. Field position didn’t matter and 300 lb linemen are closed to gassed after running 40 yards.

I think this is more on our special team coach.

If the players weren’t aware of what could happen they wouldn’t of ran downfield.
Not saying they work on it a ton but technically any fg attempt from 50 yds or more leaves the possibility of a return.
Before you say Prater won’t leave a 50 yd kick short, it could always be partially block.
The execution of the kicking team is what failed. Rodgers should catch some of the heat.

Nothing like calling for a 68 yrd FG in an outdoor FL stadium to drive home this lesson for the OL! Good thing we won.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Rams D is not just top competition. They are arguably the best defense in the NFL & have been kryptonite to the Cardinals for almost 5 years now. Tough to expect Murray to match what he’s done so far this season, but putting us in position to beat them or flat out beating them is my expectation. The beat downs from LAR have to stop. KK cannot expect to keep his job if he never beats a division rival.
They have two defensive players to account for a bunch of role players. Journeyman A'Shawn Robinson and Leonard Floyd are not high end talented guys and they are arguably the 3rd and 4th best players on that defense. Plenty of matchups to exploit

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want my QB to be aggressive so I don't hate INTs in general but the one vs the Jaguars was one that irritates me because that is being dumb, not aggressive.
This is the point we are all trying to make

Don't stop throwing downfield, just be smarter with your throws

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
They have two defensive players to account for a bunch of role players. Journeyman A'Shawn Robinson and Leonard Floyd are not high end talented guys and they are arguably the 3rd and 4th best players on that defense. Plenty of matchups to exploit

Fuller, Williams and Joseph day are all good players. You’re underselling their talent by bit.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Fuller, Williams and Joseph day are all good players. You’re underselling their talent by bit.
Joseph-Day is a good player, and I will give you that and he is probably better than A-Shawn Robinson.

Jordan Fuller? Really? 2nd season. 16 starts. Giving up over an 80% comp rate and 99 pass rating for his career. Good?

Darious Williams is similar. 4th season. 16 starts. Very unproven but he has shown he can make picks but that happens when you have Donald.

Here is the thing about the Rams. The sum is greater than it's parts outside of Donald and Ramsey. They play a safe, shell coverage to allow players to have their eyes on the QB and make plays when QBs are rushed. Donald plays 90% of snaps which is unheard of and the Rams essentially count on creating a negative play to stop teams in positions to have to throw. They move Ramsey and Donald around to take-advantage-of and create one-on-one matchups. This is why they can plug average players in and have success. They do everything that Vance doesn't.