Quick Reaction: Preseason Game 3

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I thought the OL played pretty good & DJ averaged almost 4 yds/carry. It's gonna take time for them to gel but as long as they can stay healthy, I believe Kugler will have them playing well.

Agree 100% Just gotta figure out a way to keep putting the same five our there every week.

So, I hate to get into "mind reader" territory Cardsfaninlouky, but, I think guys who are part of high-powered, or showy offenses are a little more willing to play nicked up.

And, I believe the opposite is true too. If you were humphries or pugh last year, it would have been a little tougher to "give it a go" knowing that it that your valiant effort was going to be completely wasted.

If K1 and K2 can get these guys back to having fun on offense, some of the O-line health problems will take care of themselves.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Agree 100% Just gotta figure out a way to keep putting the same five our there every week.

So, I hate to get into "mind reader" territory Cardsfaninlouky, but, I think guys who are part of high-powered, or showy offenses are a little more willing to play nicked up.

And, I believe the opposite is true too. If you were humphries or pugh last year, it would have been a little tougher to "give it a go" knowing that it that your valiant effort was going to be completely wasted.

If K1 and K2 can get these guys back to having fun on offense, some of the O-line health problems will take care of themselves.

I am kicking myself for not buying a 75 inch TV this morning instead of a 65 incher. I am ready for some football!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OL is better to add a piece or two each season. Going too drastic can actually hurt continuity.

Last year added Cole and Cunningham.
This year Gaillard and Miles. Maybe two of those guys pan out.

This coming draft has been hailed as the best OL draft in over a decade. Look at how many really good OTs there are. A few have the look of future All Pros.
You know Cole, Gaillard & Humphries aren't going anywhere. We will have to replace Sweezy, Pugh & Gilbert. Humphries needs to play well this season though, if he doesn't, then he may be released.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I agree. No need for them to give it their all when the offense was no fun & the coaching staff was clueless, no hope.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Starting to have some faith?

I know I probably wouldn’t be this excited if Nick Bosa were the pick and the Cardinals were entering the season with Josh Rosen at QB. As Billy Joel eloquently stated: “Keeping the faith”

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'd like to dedicate this Billy Joel song to our rookie QB and his OL :)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rewatched the game, a few thoughts.

Gunter should play DT only, he is far better at just bull rushing and clogging the middle than as an end.

Pugh is our worst starting o lineman - by far, him next to Humphries is not a great combo because humphries usually gets beat inside.

Murray has an incredibly fast release. His miss to Kirk was simply because he put to much air on the ball.

Overall I am feeling better after rewatching the starters.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose