Questions and Week 1 Answers

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the general outside take on the Cardinals chances was that the team had potential, but many questions that needed to be answered.

so after one game:

Can Kyler take the next step? yes, but against a below average defense.

Can they play disciplined football? incomplete. Q1 was a disaster. Much better as the game went on. 6 penalties in the first 8 minutes, they finished with 8 overall. Getting plays in vs game clock was a challenge.

Can Kliff's offense do more? Encouraging. More motion, more moving Hop, attacked down field.

Does JJ Watt have anything left? sure looks like yes.

How about Chandler Jones? ditto

AJ Green? i have my doubts. Might be the #4 WR.

Can you exploit the young LBs? Simmons looked like he was everywhere, and laid some physical tackles at the LOS on Derrick Henry. Collins an incomplete with only 33% of the snaps.

Will the secondary hold up? Murphy looked great. Wilson wasn't exposed. I thought the safety play was solid. I liked that RAC was limited, and many passes were contested even if complete.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It seemed like the tackling was much improved over last year's shoddy performance. It's not on the level of the Niners or Rams, but it did seem improved. That has to continue to be the case. The RAC after pass receptions last year was horrific. Wilson and especially Murphy showed they can tackle.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
seems like a decent place to put this (and BTW: Kyle no longer works for the Cardinals, and is a good twitter follow):

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
ill add this and its my speculation:

Kyle spent loads of time inside Cards HW talking to people. This isnt his speculation on his part

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave