Question on Fantasy Scoring

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't done a league in years, am doing one at work using Yahoo.

On Allen's 46-yard TD Pass to Diggs, Allen got a total of 5 points in the league (1 point per 25 yards, 4 points for passing TD.

Diggs on the other hand got 17 points (1 point per 10 yards, 6 points for a Receiving TD, 6 points for reception over 40 yards, and 1 point for a reception).

Does that seem out of whack, or is that normal these days?

Last edited:

jf-08

Reap what you sow
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

On Allen's 46-yard TD Pass to Diggs, Allen got a total of 5 points in the league (1 point per 25 yards, 4 points for passing TD.

Diggs on the other hand got 17 points (1 point per 10 yards, 6 points for a Receiving TD, 6 points for reception over 40 yards, and 1 point for a reception).

Typically quarterbacks get 1 point for every 25 passing yards and four points for a passing touchdown.

A position player, or a rushing quarterback, will get 1 point for every 10 yd and 6 for touchdown.

So that seems normal and sometimes leagues will throw up bonus points for long plays.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Typically quarterbacks get 1 point for every 25 passing yards and four points for a passing touchdown.

A position player, or a rushing quarterback, will get 1 point for every 10 yd and 6 for touchdown.

So that seems normal and sometimes leagues will throw up bonus points for long plays.
OK - just seems out of whack that one play would lead to such a discrepancy in points between a QB and a WR. (Note, I have Allen, my opponent has Diggs).

Note two - I benefited yesterday on the WR, since I have Tyreek Hill

Folster

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
OK - just seems out of whack that one play would lead to such a discrepancy in points between a QB and a WR. (Note, I have Allen, my opponent has Diggs).

Note two - I benefited yesterday on the WR, since I have Tyreek Hill

QB production is purposely nerfed to lessen their impact and make their production more in line with other positions.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I haven't played in about 7 years as well. QBs used to get 6 points for TDs, not 4 back then.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccw24