Question About Kickers

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Are they hoping that the game will come down to them making a game winning FG? Or are they hoping that their team will score a TD and take them off the hook? Is the answer that it depends on the kicker, and if so, how do most kickers feel?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A kicker hopes for TDs but they also want to compete for glory so they aren't upset when the game rides on them.

The bigger question is which kickers are stone cold competitors with ice in their veins and which ones have the pressure overtake them?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know what I'm thinking. We need a new kicker lol. I don't care what he's thinking if he isn't getting the job done. We have Mike Nugent on the practice squad, I know he's bounced around the league & is getting up there in age but why not give him a shot? I've cringed the last 4 or 5 games when ZG goes in for a FG. Anything over 40 yards I just know he's missing it. Maybe the coaching staff sees ZG out kick MN in practice & that's why they haven't made the switch yet? There's a thing in basketball & maybe it applies here? Guys in basketball make 3 point shots in practice, can't miss, then they get in a game & can't hit the ocean with a semi truck lol.

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
louky, I know what you're saying, but don't think that you change kickers just to change kickers. There must be a reason that Mike Nugent has been on a lot of teams. Just saying.