Question About Hopkins?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I keep noting people on the board looking to trade Hopkins. Cap aside, what do you think Hopkins will bring back as a return in a trade?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big difference between picks just to give a round.

I'd say about peak is around 660 points on the pick value chart. Which is the 28th pick in round one but that could also be a high 2 and high 4.

And the base is 500. Say Bears #56 and #65.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on the team and where they are drafting. I'd see what Chicago is offering. He could make Fields look a lot better. Maybe a 2nd, but their new GM seem smarter than the last, so probably a 3rd. Jets or Giants too might be willing to go higher since they both seem closer, especially if the Jets go after Rodgers like a rumor suggests.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It depends on the team and where they are drafting. I'd see what Chicago is offering. He could make Fields look a lot better. Maybe a 2nd, but their new GM seem smarter than the last, so probably a 3rd. Jets or Giants too might be willing to go higher since they both seem closer, especially if the Jets go after Rodgers like a rumor suggests.

Bears have a low 2nd and high 3rd which I'd take.

He has a no trade clause though so I doubt he waives it for the Bears.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Bears have a low 2nd and high 3rd which I'd take.

He has a no trade clause though so I doubt he waives it for the Bears.

Bears night me a good spot for him though. They are WR deficient and isn't Fields stepping into it despite that?

Legit question. I don't follow them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bears night me a good spot for him though. They are WR deficient and isn't Fields stepping into it despite that?

Legit question. I don't follow them.

He's not much of a thrower and I'm not sure he'd be up for another QB development project.

He'd have to want someone with a shot right? Green Bay at least.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trading Hopkins unless the plan is to blow this thing all up.
“Hello Sean? Say we’d love to have you come on as an our head coach and we’re thinking the best thing to do is blow this whole thing up and start over.”
Click.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I'm personally not onboard with trading a HOF caliber WR for a 2nd round pick.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He has no more guaranteed money right?
His play style should give him 4 more productive years.
He would likely waive his no trade for a sign and trade deal in order to get more guarantees...
My guess is he is worth a late first...so look for a team thats really close and picking in the twenties.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Have you seen the WR group the Bears have?
I have. I also watch the bears every week because (a) it’s my oldest boy’s favorite team; and (b) I picked up fields and started him in fantasy football. This wasn’t the case of bears dropping a lot of passes or failing to get open. By no means were they good, but this was most often the case of passes not being anywhere near his receivers.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Knowing the Cardinals, they will probably trade him to the Rams for Robinson and a 5th rounder.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think the acquiring team is a playoff team or one that believes they are close if not for a chain moving WR -- and the Rams approach has given GMs someone to point to with regards to moving a 1st rounder

the Chiefs have one wr (Valdez-Scantling) under contract next year and reasonable cap space

the Giants, Packers and Pats could use an upgrade at WR. The Cowboys might look to pair someone with CeeDee

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'd love a late 1st, but in reality I'm taking a 2nd or high 3rd. It's not that I want to move on, but I think he does, and that we won't be back in a position to compete until he's cooked.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn’t trade Hopkins.

Just a gut feeling that we’re giving up on him way too early.

Stand pat unless you can get a package of sure-fire franchise-changers - which I doubt is gonna happen.

The problem with fire-sales is if the guys you pick up underperform.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson