QB Injuries

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Just realizing how many running/athletic QBs have missed significant time this year and/or haven't been able to finish the season.

Murray
Jackson
Tua
Fields
Lance
Hurts

Who am I missing?

To make things worse, pretty much all of those teams are now relying on 3rd string, or worse QBs to get them through the season. Several are/were in playoff contention, too.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dak and Wentz missed significant time this season. Jimmy G is still hurt for SF. Stafford hasn’t played the 2nd half of the season. Just to add a few more to your list

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This is why I posted third string QBs are of increasing importance. At worst they become key backups.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is why I posted third string QBs are of increasing importance. At worst they become key backups.
For every Purdy there is a Streveler, McSorley, Blough, etc., etc. I agree with you on the idea but it isn't going to be the norm that you win with your 3rd stringer, it's just not that common or possible.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this earlier today. I think in the coming years the running QB will go the way of the dodo bird. Not that QBs won't run, or we won't have mobile QBs, but that they will have to play primarily in the pocket and not be putting their heads down for planned runs nearly as often. Time will tell.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose