Qb confusion and keim

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. A qb in the draft was no sure thing. So Keim pushed all his chips in on Bradford and Glennon as his back up. Can you imagine what we’d be thinking if Rosen was not on our roster? 2. Wouldn’t we be better off TODAY had we given up a 3rd round pick for Tyron Taylor even though we now have Rosen especially behind this o-line? 3. Might we be better off if I dare say we kept Stanton and spent that 20 million on the offensive line, wide receivers and line backing corps? Would we suck any worse than we are right now? 4. So many people are saying” don’t start Rosen until game “x” but what the hell are we suppose to do if Bradford goes down this week on the second play of the kgame? What is the logic? Finally I think I will throw up if we run a dive into the middle of the line to start the game Sunday. Play action go deep at least to make the bears think something is going to be different Sunday.

Reaction score
1. A qb in the draft was no sure thing. So Keim pushed all his chips in on Bradford and Glennon as his back up. Can you imagine what we’d be thinking if Rosen was not on our roster? 2. Wouldn’t we be better off TODAY had we given up a 3rd round pick for Tyron Taylor even though we now have Rosen especially behind this o-line? 3. Might we be better off if I dare say we kept Stanton and spent that 20 million on the offensive line, wide receivers and line backing corps? Would we suck any worse than we are right now? 4. So many people are saying” don’t start Rosen until game “x” but what the hell are we suppose to do if Bradford goes down this week on the second play of the kgame? What is the logic? Finally I think I will throw up if we run a dive into the middle of the line to start the game Sunday. Play action go deep at least to make the bears think something is going to be different Sunday.

We signed two of the better QB's available. Who did you want? We tried to get Cousins but he wanted to play for the Vikes.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I see no logic is this. You throw out all these questions without considering the the most important one. The availability of a franchise QB. Do we know if Rosen will pan out? No, but I've seen enough of the Cardinals between Warner and Palmer to know that I would NEVER prefer talented skillplayers without QB than having a franchise QB talent on your roster.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I see no logic is this. You throw out all these questions without considering the the most important one. The availability of a franchise QB. Do we know if Rosen will pan out? No, but I've seen enough of the Cardinals between Warner and Palmer to know that I would NEVER prefer talented skillplayers without QB than having a franchise QB talent on your roster.

I think he’s saying that Bradford was clearly not a franchise QB talent, so why pay him $20 million. Would we have gotten less than we would have with Taylor or Keenum? Those wouldn’t have been popular choices, but if you’re GM, you’re not paid to make popular choices.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he’s saying that Bradford was clearly not a franchise QB talent, so why pay him $20 million. Would we have gotten less than we would have with Taylor or Keenum? Those wouldn’t have been popular choices, but if you’re GM, you’re not paid to make popular choices.

Yeah, whatever marginal hype or ticket boost they may have gotten by signing Bradford is not only dead, but has begun to fester

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I missed the "Bradford" as the popular choice on this board.

Best available and Meh are perhaps better descriptions of the feelings.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Determining whether a personnel move was good or bad or meh on the merits of talent, draft value etc. is tough enough without trying play Chief Financial Officer.

Whenever comparative past or future financial /cap strategies are factored into a football discussion, it makes my brain hurt.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly! Thanks K. Keim has swung and missed a lot. If this is a “retool” we could have done a lot better.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm thrilled we didn't blow a 3rd round pick on Taylor. The season would be lost either way, no reason to handicap the eventual rebuild. I'd rather go 2-14 and keep my 3rd next year than go 4-12 with no 3rd, assuming Tyrod helps you win 2 games.

I would have stopped following this team if we came into the year with Stanton as our starter and that was the plan.

I wouldn't be shocked if we did go after Keenum, but he chose Elway and Denver which isn't surprising. I would have preferred McCarron to Bradford at the time, not because I necessarily thought he'd be better but at least I didn't know he sucked, while we all knew Bradford sucked.

And that was the QB market. It was a rough year to need a QB, but we all knew what the market would be during the prior draft, which is why a lot of fans wanted us to trade up for Mahomes or Watson. If we're going to play woulda coulda shoulda, that's a more appealing route than freaking Tyrod or Stanton.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sultan

Reaction score
Bradford has made over 120 million dollars in this league and has never won over 8 games.

He's been fools Gold for a long time.

It's clear he's playing to collect money. They need a new term for checking down. Bradford just wants to dump the ball off and not get hit. He's an embarrassment to the game .

I never wanted the guy in the building. Bad signing by Keim but good draft pick in Rosen.

It's Rosen time.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Exactly! Thanks K. Keim has swung and missed a lot. If this is a “retool” we could have done a lot better.

right?? what kind of fool,...when faced with having to replace the tools in his shop... drives right past home depot and goes shopping at Harbor Freight instead??

Steve Keim<<<<<That kinda fool

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thrilled we didn't blow a 3rd round pick on Taylor. The season would be lost either way, no reason to handicap the eventual rebuild. I'd rather go 2-14 and keep my 3rd next year than go 4-12 with no 3rd, assuming Tyrod helps you win 2 games.

I would have stopped following this team if we came into the year with Stanton as our starter and that was the plan.

I wouldn't be shocked if we did go after Keenum, but he chose Elway and Denver which isn't surprising. I would have preferred McCarron to Bradford at the time, not because I necessarily thought he'd be better but at least I didn't know he sucked, while we all knew Bradford sucked.

And that was the QB market. It was a rough year to need a QB, but we all knew what the market would be during the prior draft, which is why a lot of fans wanted us to trade up for Mahomes or Watson. If we're going to play woulda coulda shoulda, that's a more appealing route than freaking Tyrod or Stanton.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I don’t disagree but I feel like we’re bull sh**** to a certain degree that Bradford would make us competitive. Bothers me even more if keim actually believed it. I would have started manufacturing paper bags if Stanton was retained as our starter but may have felt better if the 20 mil we spent on two mundane qbs was used to sign a top lineman, linebacker and wr. At least we could see the plan taking shape.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I think doing a semi-retool and having a rookie coach is a disaster in waiting.Obviously Wilks impressed somebody but it sure hasn`t translated to the playing field.A mix of Carolina retreads/PS guys ,too many guys trying to play the wrong positions,Wrong talent for schemes,A total grab bag of guys and so far a inept looking coaching staff with no real plan it seems.Not saying things can`t change for the better but right now Cards look like a damned expansion team with a few expensive veterans mixed in with a bunch of average to fringy roster guys.Trying to rebuild without actually admitting so.IMHO it would have been beter just to get Glennon and just go young as possible and gradually give Rosen playing time.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think doing a semi-retool and having a rookie coach is a disaster in waiting.Obviously Wilks impressed somebody but it sure hasn`t translated to the playing field.A mix of Carolina retreads/PS guys ,too many guys trying to play the wrong positions,Wrong talent for schemes,A total grab bag of guys and so far a inept looking coaching staff with no real plan it seems.Not saying things can`t change for the better but right now Cards look like a damned expansion team with a few expensive veterans mixed in with a bunch of average to fringy roster guys.Trying to rebuild without actually admitting so.IMHO it would have been beter just to get Glennon and just go young as possible and gradually give Rosen playing time.

I mean, isn't that kind of what we're doing? Bradford will be gone, and the biggest problem is the $5M in dead money he'll create next year. You can't trade up and collect a bunch of "young dudes." Are you gonna be happy if Hasson Reddick is out there being bad? Brandon Williams? I don't think so.

I feel like a big part of this is us getting mis-sold on the team and strategy this year. I thought we played mostly a four-man front last year, so this defensive change isn't that big?

We were going to have to re-do the offense after losing Palmer and most of our wideouts. We could have (maybe) replaced them with better dudes, but we didn't because Keim loves Greg Little (HUH?).

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I mean, isn't that kind of what we're doing? Bradford will be gone, and the biggest problem is the $5M in dead money he'll create next year. You can't trade up and collect a bunch of "young dudes." Are you gonna be happy if Hasson Reddick is out there being bad? Brandon Williams? I don't think so.

I feel like a big part of this is us getting mis-sold on the team and strategy this year. I thought we played mostly a four-man front last year, so this defensive change isn't that big?

We were going to have to re-do the offense after losing Palmer and most of our wideouts. We could have (maybe) replaced them with better dudes, but we didn't because Keim loves Greg Little (HUH?).

I don't see the issue as being all that wide-spread or pervasive, as it might be contained to the positions of Quarterback and Linebacker, combined with an entire new coaching staff...
Bradford has been pathetic. Reddick and Bucannon are serious disappointments.

It should be interesting to see what, is anyting Golden can add if he does play on Sunday. Though, coming back from his injury will likely require time before he becomes a meaningful factor.

All that said, I do think it's appropriate to question Keim's drafting ability...