Pugh agrees to paycut

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Exactly, he's just not physical or strong enough.

Two seasons ago we led the League in average yards per carry, most of it running to the left.

Whether we attribute it to strength or technique, Pugh had a role in that success and less than physical or strong doesn't add up to top 5 in pass protection this past season.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Idk much about Johnson
Surprising good athlete. A guard who had never played center before he worked out there at the Senior Bowl seems to offer immediate improvement at guard and better depth at center. He’s not my first choice at 23, but he’d be a solid choice. Green has several concerns. His pass blocking is marginal and his lack of strength makes it challenging for him to sustain blocks. He’s not an instinctive player who adapts well to change. He has some athleticism, but 23 seems too early to me.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Could Zion start from day 1? If so, that would be very beneficial for this line.

I think Zion has played strictly on the left side (G and T). How easy is it for a G to move to the other side (I think some tackles are challenged by it).

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good signing. Pugh is better than he is being given credit for here. Leadership qualities as well. My opinion anyway.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Two seasons ago we led the League in average yards per carry, most of it running to the left.

Whether we attribute it to strength or technique, Pugh had a role in that success and less than physical or strong doesn't add up to top 5 in pass protection this past season.
Stats are misleading at times, I watch him at the point of attack & I think we need an upgrade but hey, he took a pay cut so all is good right lol? What's even more sad is the fact we can't afford all the holes on this team because of the person drafting these players.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow this is huge. I'm higher on Pugh than most on this board. Really wanted him back this year and thought that they might extend him to lower his cap hit. Taking a pay cut is an even better option for the team.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
he's got investments in Arcadia that he needs to see through lol building 3 big homes on Camelback mtn. Glad he's staying, strengths seem to be pass protection and blocking well downfield into the second level. He's pretty mobile for a guard but not great brute strength