Proposed Trade Package

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This year's first (looking like a top 3), next year's first, Alex Len, and Brandon Knight for Demarcus Cousins. I think this would really interest the Kings. I think this would interest just about any team. Would you do this trade? Do you even want a headcase like D. Cousins? Would we be better off using this trade package to target a different player?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Kings would even start the conversation without Booker and Len being included. No thanks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would take Cousins just based on pure talent. Everyone knows Karl isn't exactly the easiest guy to get along with.

what do we have this year, Washington and the Cavs pick?

Any package of picks that doesn't include our own with Knight/ Bledsoe heck anybody not named Booker, Warren or Len to move up in the draft. I would love to come out of this draft with Hield and Brice Johnson/ Sabonis.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd pass on Cousins just based on the circus that he brings to the team.

I agree. There is a lot of potential on this team right now, and even with decent talent around him, Cousins teams are always a circus.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Sarver's history with guys of questionable character is iffy at best.

sent from a fone

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way too many picks to include in trade to bring in a questionable star. He's undoubtedly shown talent but never on a winning team and trading their pick this year, next, plus Len and Knight is far too much. That is worthwhile for a proven commodity without so many question marks surrounding them. I'd trade Chandler, Knight, and next year's first for Cousin's, with something like top 3-5 protection on the pick. Len has finally turned a corner and giving up the pick this year means the tank was all for nothing, essentially.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way too many picks to include in trade to bring in a questionable star. He's undoubtedly shown talent but never on a winning team and trading their pick this year, next, plus Len and Knight is far too much. That is worthwhile for a proven commodity without so many question marks surrounding them. I'd trade Chandler, Knight, and next year's first for Cousin's, with something like top 3-5 protection on the pick. Len has finally turned a corner and giving up the pick this year means the tank was all for nothing, essentially.

I would trade alot of stuff for AD.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would trade alot of stuff for AD.

I would trade anyone on the team for Anthony Davis, Booker included but reluctantly. New Orleans is one team where Booker wouldn't really fit but he's surely at the top of any teams wish list from the Suns. I would hate to trade Booker but I can see the Suns being faced with a similar situation Golden State was 2 years ago when the rumors were swirling about Klay Thompson for Kevin Love. I wouldn't trade Booker for a player like Love, who is nothing more than a 2nd option. Booker has shown that he should be able to develop into a solid 2nd option in the future, IMO. Someone like Anthony Davis however can be the #1 option on a contender. New Orleans has just been incredibly dysfunctional in building their team around him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would trade anyone on the team for Anthony Davis, Booker included but reluctantly. New Orleans is one team where Booker wouldn't really fit but he's surely at the top of any teams wish list from the Suns. I would hate to trade Booker but I can see the Suns being faced with a similar situation Golden State was 2 years ago when the rumors were swirling about Klay Thompson for Kevin Love. I wouldn't trade Booker for a player like Love, who is nothing more than a 2nd option. Booker has shown that he should be able to develop into a solid 2nd option in the future, IMO. Someone like Anthony Davis however can be the #1 option on a contender. New Orleans has just been incredibly dysfunctional in building their team around him.

So what do you see in him that makes you believe Booker cannot become the #1 option on a contender? He's certainly nowhere close to that now but I find myself re-thinking his ceiling every few games. I really wouldn't be shocked to find him in the MVP discussion for several years running when he hits his peak.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So what do you see in him that makes you believe Booker cannot become the #1 option on a contender? He's certainly nowhere close to that now but I find myself re-thinking his ceiling every few games. I really wouldn't be shocked to find him in the MVP discussion for several years running when he hits his peak.

I'm not saying he can't be that. I just feel more comfortable after watching him develop this season, based on what he's shown, saying he should be the #2 option a contender once he develops some more. I'm not as comfortable calling him a true franchise player yet or seeing him as a guy who could lead his team to contention. It wouldn't surprise me that much if he became that but before declaring him to be that good I'll wait until he gets some more playing time with quality players on the court with him and seeing how he does. He could be a future MVP, it's definitely possible, but before anointing him as that I'd like to see him make an All-Star team and play in the postseason.

If I had to compare his future to anyones I'd compare it to Amare's, pre-microfracture and Nash returning to Phoenix. The sky is the limit for him, he's got all of the tools to be scary good in the future but I think it will take him being paired with another really good-great player before he's really capable of reaching his potential. Whether he ends up being the primary scorer, like Amare was, or the leader of the team who everyone benefits from playing with, like Nash was, his future is definitely bright.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying he can't be that. I just feel more comfortable after watching him develop this season, based on what he's shown, saying he should be the #2 option a contender once he develops some more. I'm not as comfortable calling him a true franchise player yet or seeing him as a guy who could lead his team to contention. It wouldn't surprise me that much if he became that but before declaring him to be that good I'll wait until he gets some more playing time with quality players on the court with him and seeing how he does. He could be a future MVP, it's definitely possible, but before anointing him as that I'd like to see him make an All-Star team and play in the postseason.

If I had to compare his future to anyones I'd compare it to Amare's, pre-microfracture and Nash returning to Phoenix. The sky is the limit for him, he's got all of the tools to be scary good in the future but I think it will take him being paired with another really good-great player before he's really capable of reaching his potential. Whether he ends up being the primary scorer, like Amare was, or the leader of the team who everyone benefits from playing with, like Nash was, his future is definitely bright.

I'm confident that Booker will be a very good player but I agree, it's too early to say whether he'll become a franchise star. We really don't know what he'll be when we have a full team and our opponents scout him as a number 1 or 2 option. I think he'll be great but until it happens we're all just guessing.

You said you'd trade anyone on the team including Booker for Anthony Davis but I'm not at all sure I'd do that especially since it would not be straight up. I know the rest of the league (and maybe the rest of the board) would laugh at that statement but Anthony has his red flags. The biggest being that he misses 15 to 20 games each season. And his team has won something like 9 games a season fewer over his 4 year NBA career than they did in the 4 seasons prior to his arrival. As with Love, at some point you have to ask just what his numbers really mean.

Maybe, as with Kevin Love, instead of him being the top 3 or 4 player his stats suggest, he's more like a top 10 or top 15 player? That would still make him a great player, even a franchise player, but it has to call into question whether he could be the cornerstone of a championship contender.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm confident that Booker will be a very good player but I agree, it's too early to say whether he'll become a franchise star. We really don't know what he'll be when we have a full team and our opponents scout him as a number 1 or 2 option. I think he'll be great but until it happens we're all just guessing.

You said you'd trade anyone on the team including Booker for Anthony Davis but I'm not at all sure I'd do that especially since it would not be straight up. I know the rest of the league (and maybe the rest of the board) would laugh at that statement but Anthony has his red flags. The biggest being that he misses 15 to 20 games each season. And his team has won something like 9 games a season fewer over his 4 year NBA career than they did in the 4 seasons prior to his arrival. As with Love, at some point you have to ask just what his numbers really mean.

Maybe, as with Kevin Love, instead of him being the top 3 or 4 player his stats suggest, he's more like a top 10 or top 15 player? That would still make him a great player, even a franchise player, but it has to call into question whether he could be the cornerstone of a championship contender.
He's been getting scouted like that for a couple months now and has responded very nicely. He has shown some issues dealing with teams pressuring him, but I think he will get better in that area over the off-season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson