Pro Sports Commissioners, President to have conference call today

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let’s hope I am right too! I really do feel like America is equipped to handle this like no other country. Here’s to hoping we beat this thing sooner than later. Can’t think of a better way to celebrate the end of this horrible thing than good old American Football
South Korea is handling COVID-19 better than any country in the world.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-south-korea-has-done-correctly-in-battling-covid-19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Virus centered on New York, New Orleans, Detroit, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania. I am locked down here in Arizona and anticipate a season kickoff in September.

Stay locked down, it's coming.

Reported US coronavirus cases via @CNN:

Feb. 5: 12
Mar. 5: 226
April 5: 337,310

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The important thing is that people are talking about it because it's an important part of getting back to normal. There's about 2000 ways I could give an opinion on the matter and they all could be bolstered with anecdotal evidence or torpedoed for lack of evidence. That's just where we are right now.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Virus centered on New York, New Orleans, Detroit, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania. I am locked down here in Arizona and anticipate a season kickoff in September.
You can't have a kickoff for the NFL if half or more of the teams can't play, even if you believe the best for AZ's infection rate.

We play two opponents in NY, Detroit comes here, in Massachusetts, and a Pennsylvania team comes here. New Orleans is the only hotbed we wouldn't interact with.

Rain Man

Rookie
Reaction score
The virus will end and hopefully someone punishes the people responsible.

This whole virus thing has to come to an end or I'm going to start following Tom McGraw and I hate country music.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Sources: MLB, union focused on plan that could allow season to start as early as May in Arizona

The plan, sources said, would dictate that all 30 teams play games at stadiums with no fans in the greater Phoenix area, including the Arizona Diamondbacks' Chase Field, 10 spring training facilities and perhaps other nearby fields. Players, coaching staffs and other essential personnel would be sequestered at local hotels, where they would live in relative isolation and travel only to and from the stadium, sources said. Federal officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as the National Institutes of Health have been supportive of a plan that would adhere to strict isolation, promote social distancing and allow MLB to become the first professional sport to return.

The May return date depends on a number of concerns being allayed, and some officials believe a June Opening Day could be more realistic, sources said. Most important would be a significant increase in available coronavirus tests with a quick turnaround time, which sources familiar with the plan believe will happen by early May and allow MLB's testing to not diminish access for the general public.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29004498/mlb-union-focused-plan-allow-season-start-early-arizona

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm surprised they aren't going to play baseball games in Tampa and Miami. They already play there without fans.