Pro Days info thread...well what's left of them

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Traits first.

Production can be skewed.
Agreed. But ZERO is tough to overlook. I wonder how many all pros had a goose egg in that stat the year before coming into the league as a pass rusher. Can’t be many.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Agreed. But ZERO is tough to overlook. I wonder how many all pros had a goose egg in that stat the year before coming into the league as a pass rusher. Can’t be many.
He had 6.5 TFLs in 2020 and 5 in 2019.

Prior to a covid shortened year he had 7 sacks in 13 games in his first two years. He was averaging about a half a sack per game.

He is raw and that has been clear since day 1. The weird college year last year did not help.

Danielle Hunter is a good comp just because they both lacked significant college sack production, but they both also disrupted plays on tape and had athletic measurables that are special.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yes but zero is zero
I remember even Chandler Jones or Danielle hunter having not great stats but a bit they produced
Chandler to he honest played Dt/De
This is true but if he had production, we would be talking about him as a top 10 pick. He has length, size, speed and bend. He does not have much in terms of pass rush moves. That is the area that needs to be coached up. He is a guy you can put behind Chandler Jones for a year, give him some situational snaps, and learn how to be an impactful pass rusher without only relying on speed. Getting him at the back end of round 1 or top of round 2 is drafting an investment.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is true but if he had production, we would be talking about him as a top 10 pick. He has length, size, speed and bend. He does not have much in terms of pass rush moves. That is the area that needs to be coached up. He is a guy you can put behind Chandler Jones for a year, give him some situational snaps, and learn how to be an impactful pass rusher without only relying on speed. Getting him at the back end of round 1 or top of round 2 is drafting an investment.

Is a risky pick, if we trade down and get him with a late second is fine
But having few picks we need to go more on sure prospects, higher floor maybe not so high ceiling

To be honest i would prefer Ossai, who i think is tailor made for our defense

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Is a risky pick, if we trade down and get him with a late second is fine
But having few picks we need to go more on sure prospects, higher floor maybe not so high ceiling

To be honest i would prefer Ossai, who i think is tailor made for our defense
It is a question of...do you want to draft a potential Markus Golden or a potential Chandler Jones? For me, effort will never be an issue for Oweh so I will risk it with him.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is a question of...do you want to draft a potential Markus Golden or a potential Chandler Jones? For me, effort will never be an issue for Oweh so I will risk it with him.
So u know is a risky pick, I don't underestimate his potential
And I would draft every Oweh's before a Markus Golden type
I just prefer Ossai, who is also athletically gifted, look at his vertical, long jump
He is just more a safer pick

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So u know is a risky pick, I don't underestimate his potential
And I would draft every Oweh's before a Markus Golden type
I just prefer Ossai, who is also athletically gifted, look at his vertical, long jump
He is just more a safer pick
I like Ossai as well. Same with Ojulari and Phillips and Rousseau. I guess you can say that I like this EDGE class as a whole. I think most are young with a ton of potential but all have their unique questions marks. I will maintain that my preference is a combination of CB/EDGE in round 1 and 2 of this draft. I think the players match up well with our draft position. Hell, I also like Kwity Paye but just wonder a bit about his ability to stand up most of the time.

Ranking this group of players and figuring their fit on our scheme is one of the more interesting thoughts experiments for the draft.

Kwity Paye
Greg Rousseau
Jalen Phillips
Azeez Ojulari
Jayson Oweh
Joseph Ossai
Micah Parsons (can he play EDGE?)
Zaven Collins (has to be considered if he makes it to round 2)
Jamin Davis (has to be considered if he makes it to round 2)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Micah Parson 6'3 246 31.5" arms 34vert 10-6 broad 4.39 40
Azzez Ojulari 6'2 249 34.5" arms 4.6 40

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Got to like those arms. Azeez seemed like the kind of player who could be a top-5 pick if he went back.
He definitely could. I wish i had better numbers regarding his burst. I have gone back and looked and I can't see anything that makes me feel his burst and bend are super special. That is pretty much my only concern.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave