Pro Days info thread...well what's left of them

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe Marino
@TheJoeMarino

The reaction to Javonte Williams running a 4.58 40 is weird. I expected high 4.5s. Josh Jacobs ran 4.60, Alvin Kamara 4.56. This time is of no concern and changes nothing about the evaluation. #NFLDraft

That's slow. Not at all what this offense is looking for

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Being able to generate missed tackles is a necessity for running backs in order to take advantage of light defensive boxes. IMO, this is where I think Williams and Najee Harris both fit our scheme as they both seem to be able to do this. However, this does not mean other backs can't either.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Slow track?
Could be.

They should have everyone run on an actual track to eliminate disparities. No turf verse grass. Just have them run on a track. I realize football isn’t played on a track, but the idea is more to measure a speed comparison point than how they would actually run in a game (bc running from a sprinters position in a straight line without pads already eliminates any direct comparison of game type running).

I don’t understand with technology today why even pro days can’t have electronic timers.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don’t think we could use a josh Jacob’s or Alvin Kamara?

That is the rarest of the rare. A 40 time that slow is a real issue. Only about 6% of RBs that slow have productive careers. Had he actually hit 4.6 it would be even worse.

The vast majority of long term productive RBs run a 4.4-4.5. That's a 3x likelier hit rate

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pro Days are optimal conditions for these players. They aren't going to cost themselves a ton of money to be on a "slow track"