Pro Day Highlights

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Some of the Pro-Day Highlights for the QB are getting posted on Youtube. Just type in the name of the QB and Pro Day highlights. Darnold's here:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Here's a link to Rosen's pro day. After watching the two I like Darnold better. Seems to have a little better footwork and appears he can move in the pocket better. Also showed more of the ability to look off the safety.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On game highlights , what should matter most, rosen looks to be more accurate and pro ready

Dougmo

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not a huge watcher of tape/evaluator kind of guy, but in the games I've seen, Rosen looked a legit QB (vision, arm strength, competitiveness) and Darnold has shown little besides a strong arm. Obviously, a lot of people smarter then me disagree, but I think Darnold is going to be a bust.

OP
OP
GimmedaBall

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
NFL Live had the full Darnold workout. At least two Card staff were visible along the sidelines in full red raingear/hoodie/Card logo. Didn't see SK. I wasn't sure who watched from the sidelines along the line of scrimmage---looked too tall and lanky to be SW---no clipboard or notes. Certainly not SK. On most throws, the guy seemed to be daydreaming and trying to stay bundled up from the rain.

When the workout was over Hue Jackson/Browns went over and gave Darnold a hug and handshakes---Cardinal guy hurried past the group to get out of the rain.

I'd say the Cards are not trading up for Darnold.

OP
OP
GimmedaBall

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Baker Mayfield Pro Day:

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Baker's Pro Day should've looked just like his game tape... No pressure with WR running wide open.

Reactions: HGC

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now we know Darnold can throw in the rain and with a baseball cap on. ;)

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
NFL Live had the full Darnold workout. At least two Card staff were visible along the sidelines in full red raingear/hoodie/Card logo. Didn't see SK. I wasn't sure who watched from the sidelines along the line of scrimmage---looked too tall and lanky to be SW---no clipboard or notes. Certainly not SK. On most throws, the guy seemed to be daydreaming and trying to stay bundled up from the rain.

When the workout was over Hue Jackson/Browns went over and gave Darnold a hug and handshakes---Cardinal guy hurried past the group to get out of the rain.

I'd say the Cards are not trading up for Darnold.
Tall guy dressed in Cards red was Byron Leftwich. I didnt see Keim or Wilks who were supposed to be in attendance.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably doesn't mean much, but I thought Darnold looked a little loosy goosy (i.e. "scattered") with the ball in his hands.

I'd think that smoother, more compact movement by the QB would make for more consistent mechanics.

Anyone else see this?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
On game highlights , what should matter most, rosen looks to be more accurate and pro ready

Rosen is more pro ready...he is the most pro ready in this draft. But he is also closer to his ceiling than the other guys in this draft.

Darnold would have benefited from another year in college to gain some polish no doubt... but when evaluators agree you are most likely the #1 overall pick, its time to come out and avoid the risk of serious injury in college.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably doesn't mean much, but I thought Darnold looked a little loosy goosy (i.e. "scattered") with the ball in his hands.

I'd think that smoother, more compact movement by the QB would make for more consistent mechanics.

Anyone else see this?
Feet and hands. Reminds me of Bortles.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I think his footwork looks great. He moves very fluid in quick bursts which will help in evading tacklers. His throwing motion looks labored but puts the ball where he wants. I wouldnt have any problems drafting Sam.

OP
OP
GimmedaBall

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Anyone else see this?

Yes. Probably the reason for his high INTs and fumbles.

He has a bad habit of dropping the ball low before pulling it up to throw. DL and blitzers are going to pick up on that and go for ball around his knees as he prepares to throw. DBs are going to key on that glitch and break on the ball before it is even out of his hand.

Those 'muscle memory' habits are really hard to break. Tebow could never get past his hitch. LJ in this draft flicks the ball like he is throwing at a dart board. You'd think that Darnold would have put in enough work to at least not show that bad technique n his pro-day. Those old 'muscle memory' ways of throwing have a bad habit of showing up when the game pressure is on.