President Trump's Religious Liberty Executive Order

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Kel Varnsen, May 6, 2017.

1. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Let's look at the people who will benefit from this, shall we?

2. Kel Varnsen

Jeffress made waves in the last presidential election when, after endorsing Rick Perry, he told Christians that they shouldn’t vote for Mitt Romney because of his Mormon faith, which wasn’t too surprising since he once blasted Mormonism as “a cult” from “the pit of hell.”

Jeffress has similarly stated that Satan created Roman Catholicism, declared that Jews, Mormons, Muslims and gay people are all destined for hell and maintained that President Obama “is paving the way for the future reign of the Antichrist.”

No fan of the gay community, Jeffress believes that gays and lesbians are “perverse” people who are either pedophiles or likely to abuse children in the future; compared homosexuality to bestiality and called it “a miserable lifestyle”; accused gay people of using “brainwashing techniques” to have homosexuality “crammed down our throats”; said that gay people “are engaged in the most detestable, unclean, abominable acts you can imagine”; predicted that the gay rights movement “will pave the way for that future world dictator, the Antichrist”; and labeled homosexuality a “filthy practice” that will lead to the “implosion of our country.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/donald-trump-hosts-far-right-pastors-before-executive-order/

3. Bert

Bert Forgive me in advance.

It's like he deliberately surrounds himself with the most aweful, ignorant, evil people possible...

I wonder how many Mormons voted for Trump and how they like seeing him pal around with this psychopath who thinks they are all going to hell.

4. AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy Magnanimous

Trump voters, who still support him to this day, are so blind that Trump could shoot a family member right in front of them, and they'd start applauding. They have no brain cells left...they have no dignity left...and they certainly could careless who he's affiliated with.

5. Kel Varnsen

Karlos Dansby appears in P&R!

Minister says buying Jamestown Mall would fulfill God's will for global headquarters

In his livestreamed sermons, the Rev. David E. Taylor often compares himself to Moses. But this charismatic minister based in north St. Louis County says he does not need to leave his followers in the desert to talk to God.

God comes to him. He gives Taylor visions of the future, even football scores. When Taylor is on stage in a Louis Vuitton suit asking his followers to write checks or swipe their credit cards for his ministry, he often says Jesus is there next to him in the same body that emerged from the tomb.

Last month, in Toronto, Taylor told churchgoers he had been face to face with Jesus more than 1,000 times. And at a ministry event in Michigan in January, he said Jesus told him “his father would be coming down as well” at an event this summer.

The audience seemed stunned. He made sure they understood: “You’re talking about the creator of the universe in this room — physically!”

Touting his unprecedented access to the Almighty, Taylor has been seeking a world headquarters for his ministry, Joshua Media Ministries International.

He thought he had found the perfect spot: the Jamestown Mall in north St. Louis County.

At an event in December 2015 in Michigan, Taylor implored his followers to open their wallets to help him fulfill God’s will by buying the moribund mall.

“God promised me in a dream, ‘I’m going to give you a global base,’” Taylor told his followers. “‘I want you to build an arena.’ And this has the space for the arena.”

Taylor, who has a weekly show on the national cable channel The Word, told his flock that night he had a $400 million bank loan lined up, along with a $10 million donation from Arizona Cardinals linebacker Karlos Dansby. (Dansby said through his team he was “aware of” Taylor but never gave $10 million.)

“Jesus in 2000 took my spirit out of my body and he took me to heaven,” he said in a video published on his website. “I had a trip to heaven, y’all. I saw heaven. I don’t have time to go through the details, but when I went to heaven, one of the main things Jesus said (was) I brought you here so you could go back to Earth and tell the people what happens in the miracle crusades I told you to hold.”

During the tour of heaven, Jesus “allowed a screen to come down” and explained, presumably in a video of his own, that he would attend some of Taylor’s events and perform miracles.

In other videos, Taylor claims he predicted the Sept. 11 attacks and knew to leave New York before the planes hit.

Not all the prophecies have panned out. He said in a video before Super Bowl XLVIII that God had revealed to a ministry colleague that the Broncos would beat the Seahawks 24-21. Seattle won 43-8.

The combination of Taylor’s charm and the promise of rubbing elbows with the son of God is irresistible to many. Perhaps the most high-profile follower is Alexis Herman, the U.S. secretary of labor under President Bill Clinton, who appeared in a video to invite people to Taylor’s Crusade Against Cancer.

Taylor’s ministry has events planned all over the world this year, according to his website, and videotaped events include guests from across the world. His videos show traffic from 443 views to 183,000 — the latter a video of a woman claiming that Taylor raised her from the dead.

Taylor made news in Michigan in 2015, when a Michigan woman gave him more than $1 million. Her husband subpoenaed Taylor to give a videotaped deposition in the couple’s divorce case.

The husband said he made the video available to people to publish online. In the video, Taylor describes driving expensive cars, globe-trotting and buying expensive clothes.

“In 2013 and ’14 (the ministry) spent over $30,000 on your clothes,” the husband’s lawyer said. “Does that sound about right?”

Taylor responded, “Oh, God, yes, because I was traveling so much and sweating through all my clothes.”

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_6a902ca0-c77b-5998-b67a-44f93de81e03.html

6. Kel Varnsen

You may remember Dave Daubenmire as the football coach who insisted that his players pray. There's a new story about this guy and the ministry he founded nearly every week. Here's a recent one.

On his “Pass The Salt Live” webcast this morning, Religious Right activist “Coach” Dave Daubenmire blamed the women who work at Fox News for titillating men with the way they sit and dress into sexually harassing them.

“Have you seen how the women on Fox News dress?” he asked. “Are they trying to titillate you at all? They dress like that and if you say something to them, you are harassing them. Titillation, right? That’s a big setup, man. That’s the biggest setup. I wonder if Anderson Cooper has propositioned any boys he has had on his show. How come we don’t hear anything about that? Huh? There is something evil going on.”

“Your turn on right now ‘Fox and Friends,'” he continued, “and I guarantee you there is some leg-crosser sitting right there on the couch showing all flesh—probably doesn’t have sleeves on, probably showing as much flesh as she’s legally allowed to show—and then they get mad when you sexually harass them or say something in the workplace.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/...titillating-men-into-sexually-harassing-them/

7. Kel Varnsen

Religious Right activist “Coach” Dave Daubenmire issued a rather cryptic warning on his “Pass The Salt Live” webcast this morning when he suggested that efforts are underway to deceive Christians into welcoming “extra-dimensional beings” who will soon appear as rescuers of the world.

Citing an article listed on the website of apocalyptic End Times activist Steve Quayle, Daubenmire warned that some unnamed “they” are “setting us up for the appearance of these, I believe, extra-dimensional beings that are going to come as our rescuers, the ones who are going to rescue the world and the very elect themselves, if it was possible, will be deceived.”

Daubenmire then cited another article about the “imminent return” of the “cloudeaters,” whom he asserted were an ancient race of giants, as he marveled that “this stuff is now falling into the mainstream thought, mainstream media, mainstream science” but Christians are not paying attention.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/...tra-dimensional-beings-and-giant-cloudeaters/

8. Kel Varnsen

Here's the first of what will be many posts about Florida pastor Rick Wiles.

Alarmed by reports that a computer program has “learned” to play Texas Hold ‘Em so efficiently that it can now defeat professional poker players, End Times radio host Rick Wiles warned on his “Trunews” radio broadcast yesterday that it is now only a matter of time before Satan takes over the world using a “global brain.”

Because Texas Hold ‘Em involves bluffing, Wiles is convinced that computers are now learning how to lie—and since Satan is “the father of all lies,” it stands to reason that we will soon have “demon-possessed artificially intelligent robots” controlling the world.

“If you have a machine that is capable of lying, then it has to be connected to Lucifer,” he said. “Now we’re back to the global brain. This is where they’re going. They’re building a global brain that will embody Lucifer’s mind and so Lucifer will be deceiving people through the global brain.”

To make matters worse, Wiles warned, demon-possessed robots will soon start replacing human workers, resulting in massive unemployment, which is why the “deep state” is planning to start a global war for the purpose of killing off all those people who are no longer needed.

“I’m going to tell you where I think this is going,” he said. “I think the deep state planners have already figured this out and they have scheduled a massive war to eliminate tens of millions, perhaps hundreds of millions, of useless eaters. I really believe that.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/...-global-brain-that-will-embody-lucifers-mind/

9. Kel Varnsen

More from Rick Wiles.

Wiles, who was an ardent Trump supporter until the president directed strikes against a Syrian airbase, played a portion of a sermon he delivered to his congregation last Sunday in which he attacked Ivanka and Kushner for being Orthodox Jews and tools of “the deep state cabal in the White House.” Wiles claimed that the couple are devout followers of the late Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson and sought “the dead rabbi’s messianic blessings on Donald Trump’s election victory,” asserting that Ivanka even credited Schneerson for protecting her father for an assassination attempt.

After blasting Schneerson for “being a scholar of the blasphemous Talmud” and “an esteemed teacher and practitioner for Kabbala, Jewish mysticism, witchcraft,” Wiles warned that “this is the rabbi that Jared and Ivanka revere” and “this is who is whispering in Donald Trump’s ear, ‘Bomb Syria.'”

Wiles went on to compare Ivanka with the daughter of Herod who, in Matthew 14, convinced her father to behead John the Baptist.

“That’s who I think Ivanka Trump is,” Wiles said. “She’s a Kabbala practicing, evil woman whispering evil things in the ear of her father. She’s going to the grave site of an old dead Kabbala practitioner and getting spirits telling her what to do … We have to pray against witchcraft in high places, witchcraft that plans to kill millions of people. … [Ivanka and Jared] are cleaning out the White House to surround President Trump with their Kabbala practitioners, and the only advice he is going to get will be from people who are evil. And the church is letting this happen.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/...spering-evil-things-in-the-ear-of-her-father/

10. NeverSayDieFan

NeverSayDieFan Registered

Hey! Krepitch. Hope you're doing GREAT! You obviously have done a lot of digging into this and I applaud you for that. I'll make one simple point about all of this. Scripture is very clear that there will be a time of great deception when many people will be deceived. Whether someone believes the statement or not is completely their choice. But, it DOES say that. When I was street witnessing many years ago with my church one night down at Balboa Pier in CA. I had a guy boldly tell me that he'd had Jesus "channel" thru him many times. I have no doubt that something channeled through him...I don't believe it was Jesus. "Lying spirits", which the Bible says do exist, are just that...lying spirits.

If there is a Satan and demons that do serve him, what better way to keep people from the truth then to get it all twisted around so that someone says...it's all a buncha' nonsense!

Take Care!

Mark :)

11. Kel Varnsen

Actually, it didn't take any digging. These are just a couple of examples from podcasts I listened to the other day.

BigRedRage likes this.
  12. NeverSayDieFan

NeverSayDieFan Registered

Hey! Krepitch. Yeah, I hear/see stuff, too. ...And I'm like, c'mon. Really!?!

Mark :)

13. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

And yet... you voted for Trump.

14. DemsMyBoys

DemsMyBoys Registered

Years ago I was on the Balboa Pier heading for the old bait shack when I was stopped by a fellow who asked me if I knew Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I replied, "Why, yes. Yes I do!" I expected him to respond, "Amen Sister, see you in heaven!" because that's how the Jesus People talked in those days.

Instead he told me I needed to know Jesus and read the Bible to escape eternal torment. Me: "Ummm.... I already did that part." He seemed unconvinced (and unwilling to listen) and handed me a Jack Chick track. Which I thought would be as benign as a Bob's Big Boy comic book. I was pretty surprised by the darkness and violence of the tract so, since I abhor litter, I promptly dropped it in the trash. (My guess is that guy later became a vocal member of the Moral Majority.)

(Had someone on the pier told me they channeled Jesus I would have asked how that affected their life and gone from there.)

15. Kel Varnsen

Sorry, guys. Didn't mean to do that.

Jim Bakker: Trump Opponents Have Triggered The Apocalypse

Last week on “Revelation in the News,” televangelist Jim Bakker repeated his claims that criticism of Donald Trump is inciting violence and bringing about the Apocalypse and End Times, and asserted that conservative media pundits are being targeted for persecution.

Bakker pointed to attacks on Trump as proof that “the Apocalypse has already began” and “the spirit of Antichrist” is growing in America.

“They want to kill our president, President Trump, with words,” he said. “They want to assassinate his person.”

Critical words about Trump, according to Bakker, are the fulfillment of biblical prophecy about the First Horseman of the Apocalypse.

He pointed to the cancellation of a Tim Allen sitcom as further proof that conservatives are under attack.

Bakker claimed that “the devil is trying to cut out the voice of the church” and that “they’re eliminating anyone that is pro-Trump from every broadcast; soon, very soon, the only conservatives will be on Christian television and then we’re the next target—write it down!”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/jim-bakker-trump-opponents-have-triggered-the-apocalypse/