Preseason week 3: Arizona Cardinals @ Minnesota Vikings GameDay Thread. 08/24/19

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Kyler didn't run with the intent of gaining some yards but just to avoid the pressure and throw
This. We have yet to see him fully turn on the jets. Come regular season I would guess that in some of these situations where he gets out of the pocket he will take off down the field instead of throwing into a tight window. In preseason he has shied away from the run as it would be an unnecessary risk.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DJ looked a bit hesitant. But I think it's the preseason. Loved that screen to him where DJ released and Murray threw over the defender.

DJ is going to be the focal point of the offense.

Is not about just preseason, he is too much overthinking
He tend to lose almost half second deciding where to go, he has to follow more his instict

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Is anyone else surprised at kyler’s speed? He’s definitely fast, but not as fast as I expected. He’s Russell Wilson fast, but I don’t think he’s Lamar Jackson or Vick fast. I kinda thought he’d be in their league.

I see your point, although it's tough to compare the scrambling speed of one QB to another. But now that you've mentioned it, I'm going to make it a point to watch RW or Jackson the next few times they're on TV.

I've only watched yesterday's game once, but I remember K1 breaking containment, and then being able to turn the corner, in good order, a couple of times. Have you noticed how he keeps his eyes downfield?

And the few times we've seen him make it to the corner, there's been a LB/safety/CB there waiting for him. Really there's been zero room to run. That won't always be true Ouchie.

Last edited:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Is anyone else surprised at kyler’s speed? He’s definitely fast, but not as fast as I expected. He’s Russell Wilson fast, but I don’t think he’s Lamar Jackson or Vick fast. I kinda thought he’d be in their league.
I think when he’s more accustomed to knowing when he needs to take off he’s going to look even faster. That’ll take a month tops.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KM's receivers are a little slow coming back for the ball on extended plays. Hopefully QB and receivers will figure this stuff out.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
KM's receivers are a little slow coming back for the ball on extended plays. Hopefully QB and receivers will figure this stuff out.
This is something to look forward to (as in after the season) to see improvement and be able to endure growing pains during this season is what we'll have to do, if they keep improving and gelling then next year will be something to be excited about, if we digress like last year and get worse ....well....then we are in for a long century lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose