Reaction score
Mccoy is a better qb, yes, at today
But he can't give any significant contributios in game day, and streveler can
I saw him moving the pile in the qb sneak today
We miseed those plays a lot

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I’m sorry but he’s pretty inaccurate on anything over 15 yards. This isn’t the CFL
If left in against the horrible depth the Cowboys have on defense, McCoy would have won the game by two scores... I bet Stev can open beer bottles with his teeth better than he can throw a ball with his arm :)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yeah

Tell me honestly, one throw he made in the end zone with triple coverage was a dime to Harris
I saw some drops
He went for some vertical but the receivers couldn't beat the defenders, his throws were in the right spot
I see a guy who improved a lot
I never said he didn’t slightly improve. All I’m saying is imo he’s not a capable NFL backup QB. Again he’s rarely on target on any throw more than 15 yards. And the passing performance was against mostly against guys who won’t be In this league.

how soon we forget that pitiful performance last year in week 17. You know who he reminds me of throwing the rock? Ryan Lindley. But again this is what I see. Sorry I just don’t see it

McCoy is sooo much better!!!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Before repeating like a broken record he is never accurate over 15 yards can u all rewatch all his throws today
Thank u

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If left in against the horrible depth the Cowboys have on defense, McCoy would have won the game by two scores... I bet Stev can open beer bottles with his teeth better than he can throw a ball with his arm :)
Ahah no, the qb never had enough time to throw with second third unit
Gilbert is significantly better, and the Cooper rush probable
But is worthless at this point cause u seem to ignore Mccoy career

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great kick by prater to w zane would have shanked hard lol always did under pressure

Moore looked good and good catch by kirk

Toke hit to cards beating cowgirls lol hey i haven't typed that in bit :)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Before repeating like a broken record he is never accurate over 15 yards can u all rewatch all his throws today
Thank u
Rarely & never don’t have the same meaning. Have a good night this game is over see ya next week

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Ahah no, the qb never had enough time to throw with second third unit
Gilbert is significantly better, and the Cooper rush probable
But is worthless at this point cause u seem to ignore Mccoy career
I know McCoy well enough to feel he gives us a chance as a game manager to win us a game or maybe two if Kyler is out for a short period... Stev? He's maybe Skelton 2.0 or Ryan Lindley with running ability

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I only really look for the individual positives in these games. Hard to expect 3rd string O lines to be cohesive units.

Collins and Simmons looked good.
Colt McCoy might be the best backup we had for some time.
Rondale looks legit.
Our RB room is fine. Eno looks vastly improved and Ward looks good too.
There might be a surprise in the WR room.
Prater is a big step up. He looked cooked last year but back on form.
The young CBs have potential, including Whitaker.

But as @SoonerLou said we should have taken Trey Smith over Dimukeje.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Excited to see how Kliff uses Rondale. You can certainly see that speed.
Agreed. The kid looked good out there. Bounced back up from a hit i feared would break him. Durability will be key, as will his ability to go deep and catch over the middle. For all he looked good, it wasn't anything earth shattering. He'll need to show more than catching short stuff and trick plays/end arounds. But he did what he was called upon to do, and I was encouraged.

Collins flashed well. I think he'll need to be more stout (pun intended) at the point of attack--he looks like--but for a first showing in the preseason as a rook, I was happy.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cardinals first-round rookie Zaven Collins impresses in NFL preseason debut

Cardinals linebacker Zaven Collins is making the step up from college football at Tulsa to the NFL, and in his first preseason game on Friday night he looked like he belonged.

Collins tackled Cowboys running back Tony Pollard for a two-yard loss on the second play from scrimmage, later added a quarterback hit, and looked very comfortable as the player making the defensive play calls.

“Yeah, I feel for the plays that we got we executed pretty efficiently as a defense,” Collins said, via the Arizona Republic. “Making that good play at the beginning was obviously a good start.”

Collins, Isaiah Simmons and Jordan Hicks played plenty together in three-linebacker sets.

“It was more than I thought it would be,” Collins said, via SI.com. “I felt comfortable in our defense. There was great communication between the three of us.”

Collins won the Bronko Nagurski Award and Chuck Bednarik Award last season as the best defensive player in college football, and the Cardinals drafted him with the 16th overall pick. The expectations for him are high, and the Cardinals have to be happy with what they saw.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Markus Golden. As a persona, I love him. As a player, I really don’t like him.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Markus Golden. As a persona, I love him. As a player, I really don’t like him.
Ha, when the first play of the game was a boot his way, I wondered if they were just being cruel. Guy bites EVERY TIME.

Looked like we were in end of season form last night, more procedure penalties, more QB running for his life.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
im not sure why Chris Streveler is on the roster

again: could he be a third QB in a poor man's Taysom Hill role playing STs, TE, etc? maybe

but as a pure QB? no way.

Kliff: he couldnt start for his Canadian Football League team

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not sure why Chris Streveler is on the roster

again: could he be a third QB in a poor man's Taysom Hill role playing STs, TE, etc? maybe

but as a pure QB? no way.

Kliff: he couldnt start for his Canadian Football League team

While I feel he's garbage, starting in the CFL is complicated because of the Canadian born rule. That doesn't always mean anything.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Murray out, it became very obvious how inconsistent our OL is in pass protection. Murray hides a lot of their warts. McCoy has some escapability, and yet he had no shot at escaping at times. Streveler is a pretty decent 3rd stringer who can escape the pocket much better than McCoy & can run to daylight when needed. I came away being more thankful than ever that Kyler Murray is the QB of the Arizona Cardinals.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the good:

Zaven Collins looks like a NFL LB
Rondale Moore belongs.
Marco Wilson: may have found a contributor at a premium position on day 3. That would be a huge draft win.
Noticed lots of Ram-like misdirection plays (seems new)
Eno showed something

the bad:
o-line play was pretty mediocre to outright poor as backups rotated in
the Wards had a chance to show, but didnt. Jonathan and JoJo.