Preseason: Timberwolves @ Suns 10-8-19

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I saw more offensive rebounds in the third quarter than in whole games last year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. Could not get the game on my computer so I went to the gym, and I managed to watch it on my phone.

1. Ayton, Booker looked as I expected.
2. Rubio was OK. Nothing special, but even that is huge over last year.
3. I was very impressed with Ty Jerome. He just makes smart plays constantly. He is just athletic enough to get by.
4. Cam looked good. He is more effective on D than I expected.
5. Carter is what I was expecting. He is a hardnosed defender and can defend both guard positions--even much taller players. He is a guard version of PJ Tucker. This makes him very versatile and useful.
6. Tyler Johnson looked about the same as last year. He will be moved sometime during the year this year. He is extraneous on this team and his expiring deal is valuable.
7. Elie surprised me. He played the SG most often and seemed almost liberated to not have to be the primary distributor.
8. Frank Kaminsky is a highly skilled ball player. He does not have the athleticism of Bender but he is more aggressive and has more developed skills.
9. Diallo was a bit of a let down. I expected more from him. His offense was horrible.
10. Harper reminded me of the pg crew we started with last year. Ball hog, hero ball. I was not impressed.

This is a more concise breakdown of the game than I would write. I agree with everything but I'll expand on #8 a little with the Bender/Kaminsky comparison. I'll use that as a way to tolerate Frank this year. If Bender were here putting up the same numbers, I would be ecstatic and I think everyone would so that's how I'll try to view him. I'm not a fan of his, I don't have the Wisconsin hate that others do but something about him bothers me. Oh, well.

To end on a more positive note, here is Rubio throwing an Alley-Oop to Ayton that is called by Al McCoy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
To end on a more positive note, here is Rubio throwing an Alley-Oop to Ayton that is called by Al McCoy.
After an absence, NBA basketball has returned to Phoenix. :thumbup:

I met Al a couple of weeks ago at a memorial service for the daughter of a man for whom I worked thirty years ago. The man who invented the late night infomercials and is now known as The Watch Man in Laughlin, where he operates the largest watch store in the world.

Back then, I was his General Manager at Media Arts International. The favorite job of my career.

I thanked Al for the decades he has served the Suns and their fans. And I said I'm glad he'll get to enjoy these coming seasons. He said, "So am I."

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just remember, Frank the Tank was picked before Booker! :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson