Preseason: Timberwolves @ Suns 10-8-19

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tuesday the Suns open preseason against Timberwolves at home. The game is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. Arizona time. As best as I can determine it will not be televised but one site had the game listed on FSAZ.

I'm so anxious for the season to arrive and it's nearly here. Putting the thread up a day early will allow updates and injury reports for the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Oubre and Bridges are out for the Timberwolves game and Bayne is day-to-day.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kelly Oubre is no longer wearing wrap but felt the right wrist pain before camp.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some more good stuff on Cam Johnson.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Monty Williams on Cam Johnson: “More than anything, his ability to guard and be in the right spot on defense has been surprisingly [good] for us. He’s done a good job.”

1:32 PM - 7 Oct 2019

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gina Mizell tweeted out info on the Suns injuries before the open practice. It's said that Oubre and Lecque are both suffering from tendinitis, while Bridges has a bone bruise. Hopefully Bridges bone bruise isn't the same as TJ's was, causing him to miss 3 months and almost 40 games. ;)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gina Mizell tweeted out info on the Suns injuries before the open practice. It's said that Oubre and Lecque are both suffering from tendinitis, while Bridges has a bone bruise. Hopefully Bridges bone bruise isn't the same as TJ's was, causing him to miss 3 months and almost 40 games. ;)

I'm sure the injury to Mikal Bridges is from him trying too hard. He wants to play and be good.

The last I heard Lecque has a left ankle sprain unless I missed something.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sure the injury to Mikal Bridges is from him trying too hard. He wants to play and be good.

The last I heard Lecque has a left ankle sprain unless I missed something.

You're right on Lecque, I was wrong. Since he and Oubre were listed on that tweet together I thought they both suffered from the same ailment but it says on there he has an ankle sprain. Not sure why they wrote it up like they did since it seems all 3 are receiving treatment and will be re-evaluated in 7-10 days but they wrote Bridges separate from Oubre and Lecque.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
In Duane Rankin's recent article about the Suns it indicates the Wolves game will be televised on FSAZ.
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be on my DirecTV league pass schedule. Not on League Pass or FSAZ according to the online DirecTV guide.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be on my DirecTV league pass schedule. Not on League Pass or FSAZ according to the online DirecTV guide.
You're right. I just checked my Cox directory for 7:00 tomorrow and neither FSAZ Fox Sports 1 show the Suns exhibition game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I couldn't find it listed online at DirecTV either but Duane Rankin had it listed in his article (FSAZ) as did Arizona Sports in their guide as well. So I was hoping they were right.

At Suns.com, the only Suns preseason game scheduled to be televised is against the Trail Blazers on October 12th. It's on NBA TV.

I guess I will be looking for a internet stream of the game if one exists.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right on Lecque, I was wrong. Since he and Oubre were listed on that tweet together I thought they both suffered from the same ailment but it says on there he has an ankle sprain. Not sure why they wrote it up like they did since it seems all 3 are receiving treatment and will be re-evaluated in 7-10 days but they wrote Bridges separate from Oubre and Lecque.

It's been crazy trying to keep up with the Suns injury situation for sure. I'm just hoping everyone is healthy for the regular season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found some good news for some Suns fans. Suns.com is going to stream the game.

It will not help me though as it is apparently only available for the Phoenix market. I guess I will be looking for a stream elsewhere.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kelly Oubre sounding positive.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it’s going to be on ESPN+ if you have it. They stream all the preseason games

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Unless they just don't list it, it doesn't look like ESPN+ will carry it. I will still check it at 7 PM (AZ) though. Gotta hope. ;)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm most anxious to see Ricky Rubio and Ty Jerome play.

Any questions about Cam being worthy of the 11th pick should be answered soon.

I want to see Saric play as well.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm most anxious to see Ricky Rubio and Ty Jerome play.

Any questions about Cam being worthy of the 11th pick should be answered soon.

I want to see Saric play as well.
I think it will be a while before we can definitively answer this.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it will be a while before we can definitively answer this.

This is correct. I guess I want to see if Cam can compete physically and athletically on the NBA level as well as play defense. We know he can shoot.

Camp reports indicate the Suns have a lot of confidence in him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This probably nothing - but in that open practice the shooting was alarmingly bad.

That is what I am worried about at the moment.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This probably nothing - but in that open practice the shooting was alarmingly bad.

That is what I am worried about at the moment.
I remember reading that the player's were all pretty much exhausted by that point and thus were missing a lot of shots short. That's ultimately the likely reason that they opted not to run a scrimmage as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave