Then Jerome nails a 3 pointer.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They goal tended Kaminsky and got away with it.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Cam looks a lot more athletic than I would have thought based on the talk when he was drafted. Showed some good speed and quickness on that drive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carter has 6 assists and Kaminsky 8.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After watching Diallo I am beginning to understand why the Pelicans cut him loose. The hustle is there... not much else.

yeah, something is not right, his stats are far better than he has played. Hopefully he will get better.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't envy Monty as far as determining who the backup PG will be. Both Carter and Jerome have played well enough to earn that spot, if not a little more. Tyler Johnson was probably being considered there as well just to give him more minutes but I don't see that happening much, if at all, based on how good Carter and Jerome have looked.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blazers announcers making excuses for the team. They don’t need to win, but the suns do etc. you can tell they were expecting the blazers to blow us out, but honestly so was I.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't envy Monty as far as determining who the backup PG will be. Both Carter and Jerome have played well enough to earn that spot, if not a little more. Tyler Johnson was probably being considered there as well just to give him more minutes but I don't see that happening much, if at all, based on how good Carter and Jerome have looked.
Also looking like we will have to find a way to get all of Ayton, Baynes, Saric and Kaminsky a good amount of minutes. Could say the same for the 2-3 positions as well. Good problem to have though.

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
Really like our rookies, they have been showing a lot of maturity this pre season. That’s what happens when you draft upper class men

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Blazers announcers making excuses for the team. They don’t need to win, but the suns do etc. you can tell they were expecting the blazers to blow us out, but honestly so was I.
Which is hilarious considering they are playing their whole roster and we had our top 3 players sitting. Pretty sure if we went into this game with winning being a high priority than Ayton, Booker and Rubio would have played.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okobo enters the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diallo has looked much better of late. He has 7 points and 5 rebounds.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simons is really really good. What a glut of scoring guards they have.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I envy Monty as far as determining who the backup pg will be. He has two, maybe even three (Johnson) players who have played well enough to earn that spot. All of them are better than our starters last year.

I guess its just a matter of perspective. :)

As far as the game tonight. Three--point shooting is something to get excited about. They were able to get open shots and they were able to make open shots. This is not just a case of players getting uncharacteristically hot, these are all decent shooters. Tonight, they were all on at the same time. Add Booker and Ayton has LOTS of shooters around him. It will make roaming the middle really easy.

If there is anything that James Jones does differently than McD it is prioritizing shooting over athletic ability. McD was always enamored with athletes whose skill sets had major limitations.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam Johnson is going to be very useful.

oh nice move by Lecque.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lecque for the basket +1.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Suns 134 - Trail Blazers 118

Who would have thought but it is preseason.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns shoot 53.3% from 3 point range for the game.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

my vote is carter most nights, but really you could alternate them.

I am having a real hard time with Jeromes inability to consistently get where he wants to go on the court.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my vote is carter most nights, but really you could alternate them.

I am having a real hard time with Jeromes inability to consistently get where he wants to go on the court.
I have always liked Carter, even in the draft. Its always been about his defense for me. He is going to drive opposing guards crazy with that pestering physical defense. Guard version of PJ Tucker.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave