Preseason: Suns @ Kings Monday game thread 10-4-2021

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Stix has shown some improvement. He's still at least a year and 25+lbs from being able to get decent mins.
I'm leaning to trying to keep him and giving him ALL the garbage mins for exp.

Obviously if we get T Young that's better for us now.
But if Thaddeus Young is the "prize" WTF game from hell are we playing? We can do better, but might have to wait.
I'm ready to take a flyer on Ben Simmons when the price drops out, maybe his problem is he's never been a PG and just needs to move into the PF role to blossom.
kidding i dont want BS

That's a lot considering it will be all muscle. I'd say maybe 10-15 more is reasonable given his frame.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
well, those were the only additions, right? at least they look like decent ones.

No, there is Elfrid Payton, the other point guard, and Hutchinson and all three looked much worse than who they replaced from last years roster.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, there is Elfrid Payton, the other point guard, and Hutchinson and all three looked much worse than who they replaced from last years roster.

those guys ain't playing more than hellacious whooping garbage minutes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The stats don't support these players are worse.

Chandler Hutchison replaced Ty-Shon Alexander on a two-way contract. He is an experienced veteran.

Elfrid Payton was added as a third point guard over Galloway or Moore which filled a need.

Chasson Randle was signed to a training camp contract. He is unlikely to hang around.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

That doesn't concern me at all. The only thing last night that did is how obviously lacking this team is at the power forward position, particularly when Jae Crowder isn't on the court...a component of that being the Suns trying to force a square peg into a round hole by playing Jalen Smith so many minutes, as though they are somehow expecting him suddenly to turn into a player he clearly isn't capable of being for the foreseeable future.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For who? The fans? Sure. But probably good for the guys to get some run before the regular season starts.
I don't think the players even want to be there. The rookies and the guys praying to make a roster might get their blood flowing, but I bet every player with any amount of experience and a guaranteed deal just wants to get the hell outta there without getting dinged up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the players even want to be there. The rookies and the guys praying to make a roster might get their blood flowing, but I bet every player with any amount of experience and a guaranteed deal just wants to get the hell outta there without getting dinged up.

Whether it practice, training camp, G-League or preseason lesser rated players need a chance to make a roster.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching highlights now

Shamet drove and made a nice pass to Ayton and his hands turned to stone. Kings ball.

Payton doing his best josh Jackson impersonation, maybe looking even worse. Just something with that hair and the #2.