Preseason: Kings @ Suns Wednesday game thread, 10-12-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty talks about the performance of Duane Washington Jr.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Len's size, he could have really had a career!
Alex once said after the draft that he would be the top player or among the top picks in his draft class within ten years. Turns out he has been a well paid journeyman player. It happens as the NBA is tough. What year was he drafted anybody know?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alex once said after the draft that he would be the top player or among the top picks in his draft class within ten years. Turns out he has been a well paid journeyman player. It happens as the NBA is tough. What year was he drafted anybody know?

Alex Len was drafted #5 by the Suns in the 2013 Draft.

As you point out, he is a career journeyman player, never really excelling at one thing.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Alex Len was drafted #5 by the Suns in the 2013 Draft.

As you point out, he is a career journeyman player, never really excelling at one thing.
Wow I didn't know it was that long ago. I thought he was our 7'1"Center of the Future at the time. To last 9 years in this tough competitive league is a accomplishment.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow I didn't know it was that long ago. I thought he was our 7'1"Center of the Future at the time. To last 9 years in this tough competitive league is a accomplishment.

Yeah, I didn't want to give up on Len, but he is not well suited for the modern NBA game.

He makes a solid backup center, though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sabonis is a nice player. Still wish we had him.

Landale has become very interesting.

Landale really frustrated Sabonis especially before he started getting fatigued.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Landale really frustrated Sabonis especially before he started getting fatigued.
He seems to be that workaholic hustle type player that soaks up every bit of skill advantage he can learn. Not incredibly athletic but athletic enough if he uses is right. A 6-11 player with a Dan Majerle mindset.

He is also not just a center but a C/F which is a nice fit for this team. If he can improve his defense he takes a little bit of the sting out of losing Jae.

It's still preseason though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He seems to be that workaholic hustle type player that soaks up every bit of skill advantage he can learn. Not incredibly athletic but athletic enough if he uses is right. A 6-11 player with a Dan Majerle mindset.

He is also not just a center but a C/F which is a nice fit for this team. If he can improve his defense he takes a little bit of the sting out of losing Jae.

It's still preseason though.

Agree about Jock Landale.

I still want a replacement for Jae Crowder, but I want the Suns to do what is good for them.

He can sit home as far as I am concerned. I hope the Suns don't pay him if he doesn't play.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sabonis is a nice player. Still wish we had him.

Landale has become very interesting.
Um as opposed to Ayton? No way.

If you ask me Landale, a guy we got for cash outplayed him last night.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Um as opposed to Ayton? No way.

If you ask me Landale, a guy we got for cash outplayed him last night.
As opposed to Ayton, no. I wanted him in the draft years ago. We drafted both Bender and Chriss ahead of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson