Preseason Finale: Trail Blazers @ Suns Wednesday game thread 10-13-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some nice insight by Devin Booker looking back to the Finals.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand. Blocking out for rebounds is almost an instinctive reaction when playing basketball at an early age.

I agree, which is why I think some of us here get so worked up when we see guys just stand around and wait for the ball.

If I wanted $207 million dollars it wouldn't happen to me even if it is preseason.

I agree, to be fair he's also made over $40 million from his time in the NBA already so another $207 million isn't the same.

It's not a great sign while negotiating for it right now, especially with McGee looking so good and costing 15% of what Ayton is asking for annually.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, which is why I think some of us here get so worked up when we see guys just stand around and wait for the ball.

I agree, to be fair he's also made over $40 million from his time in the NBA already so another $207 million isn't the same.

It's not a great sign while negotiating for it right now, especially with McGee looking so good and costing 15% of what Ayton is asking for annually.

McGee is bringing it for sure. I could even hear the crowd reaction on the radio. If I were Ayton, I'd try to bring some of the same energy.

We don't hear much about Bridges extension which makes me think it is done. It's going to be kind of weird if the Suns announce his extension and not Ayton.

I do respect that James Jones has a better perspective on the situation than we do. I don't think it is Sarver being cheap.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McGee is bringing it for sure. I could even hear the crowd reaction on the radio. If I were Ayton, I'd try to bring some of the same energy.

We don't hear much about Bridges extension which makes me think it is done. It's going to be kind of weird if the Suns announce his extension and not Ayton.

I do respect that James Jones has a better perspective on the situation than we do. I don't think it is Sarver being cheap.

I have the same feeling on Bridge's extension. They can't announce it before Ayton's with all that's going on there so it'll probably come down the deadline, October 18th. I hope that's the case and will be upset if it's not.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same feeling on Bridge's extension. They can't announce it before Ayton's with all that's going on there so it'll probably come down the deadline, October 18th. I hope that's the case and will be upset if it's not.

I feel good that Bridges will be extended and we will hear something about it as soon as we know what happens with Ayton.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I wanted $207 million dollars it wouldn't happen to me even if it is preseason.

Come on now. None of these starters in the NBA are going 100% in pre season. Especially the teams that made deep playoff runs.

Ayton has more than proven his worth.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess some people expect more than 11 rebounds in 15 minutes......

And this is the weird issue with Ayton. He has these lapses where he just looks lost, almost like he doesn’t care or know what to do. Then his stat line shows double digit rebounds and efficient scoring.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel good that Bridges will be extended and we will hear something about it as soon as we know what happens with Ayton.
I hope you're right, but I don't think you are.

Mikal is by far the more contentious negotiation. If they want to low ball Deandre, I would expect they want to do so even more with Mikal.

Hate to say it but I think Sarver is just thinking about the luxury tax and how to avoid it as much as possible, and not thinking about the consequences of low balling players will actually mean to his bottom line in the long run.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Is he trying to say they were actually trying - because it sure didn't look like it.

If they were that team is in really really big trouble.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is he trying to say they were actually trying - because it sure didn't look like it.

If they were that team is in really really big trouble.
Now I know how other NBA fans have felt about Booker for the last 5 years. Lillard needs to **** lol

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you're right, but I don't think you are.

Mikal is by far the more contentious negotiation. If they want to low ball Deandre, I would expect they want to do so even more with Mikal.

Hate to say it but I think Sarver is just thinking about the luxury tax and how to avoid it as much as possible, and not thinking about the consequences of low balling players will actually mean to his bottom line in the long run.

The reason I think the Bridges extension is near done is because things are so quiet about it. If things were not going well I think we would have heard something. Certainly I could be wrong.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The reason I think the Bridges extension is near done is because things are so quiet about it. If things were not going well I think we would have heard something. Certainly I could be wrong.
Bridges seems like a very secure individual emotionally. He does not seem driven by personal recognition or being respected just like his peers. I expect that he sees this as a good situation, wants a good contract, and will be willing to take a good deal even if it doesn't squeeze every penny out of the team. Just my take.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges seems like a very secure individual emotionally. He does not seem driven by personal recognition or being respected just like his peers. I expect that he sees this as a good situation, wants a good contract, and will be willing to take a good deal even if it doesn't squeeze every penny out of the team. Just my take.

This seems like a fair assessment but of course this is why players hire agents. In the video interview posted in the Suns update and discussion thread he didn't sound like a player that had a deal done.

This is a good read.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bridges also comes from a middle class family. His mom works for the Sixers and has for a while. He stayed in college longer than most guys when he could have made the jump sooner. Money is important, sure, but I don't think he's pressing for the most possible for numerous reasons. He doesn't seem the type of guy who cares that isn't he isn't classed with the other guys who got the max already from his draft class. Being the #10 pick also helps avoid that more also, compared to Ayton being #1 overall.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bridges also comes from a middle class family. His mom works for the Sixers and has for a while. He stayed in college longer than most guys when he could have made the jump sooner. Money is important, sure, but I don't think he's pressing for the most possible for numerous reasons. He doesn't seem the type of guy who cares that isn't he isn't classed with the other guys who got the max already from his draft class. Being the #10 pick also helps avoid that more also, compared to Ayton being #1 overall.
To be fair. Bridges has not had nearly the level of scrutiny or comparison that Ayton has had. Being the #1 pick can come with pressure and insecurities.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose