Preseason: Arizona Cardinals @ Cinncinati Bengals game day thread. 8/12/22

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That and he averages 3.9 per carry...and it's not like he's a full on power back like Conner is either.

He's an average NFL back. Nothing special. Not saying that I think Eno is either, but teams love to keep the guys they drafted and developed.

The way the team has gushed about Eno and to a lesser degree, Ward and Ingram, and has said nothing about Williams. Even during Flight Plan, the guy got like 13 seconds.

I won't be surprised either way, but I think Williams isn't even close to a lock.

Another argument for why he might already be on his way out: he's a new player to the team and you would expect they'd want him to get some game reps before the season.
I think they did say they like Williams ability to catch outta the backfield. Seems to be a good downfield route runner too.

However, Ingram showing he can catch is making these interesting. Eno, for better or worse, is still our best shot at replacing Chase.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That and he averages 3.9 per carry...and it's not like he's a full on power back like Conner is either.

He's an average NFL back. Nothing special. Not saying that I think Eno is either, but teams love to keep the guys they drafted and developed.

The way the team has gushed about Eno and to a lesser degree, Ward and Ingram, and has said nothing about Williams. Even during Flight Plan, the guy got like 13 seconds.

I won't be surprised either way, but I think Williams isn't even close to a lock.

Another argument for why he might already be on his way out: he's a new player to the team and you would expect they'd want him to get some game reps before the season.

Krang, I really think you should step away from this one... ;)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it’s nonsense for when people were praising Will Hernandez for playing well against 2nd/3rd string DLinemen, but I’m fine with the rookie OLinemen playing well. First NFL action for them. That’s what you wanna see.

Quite. Was good to see them performing well doing complicated things too. Hayes especially. He wasn't just asked to block 1 on 1. He was on the move, picking up stunts, passing guys off etc. Just looked like an NFL player. Time will tell.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think Williams is gone. there is a friendship and camaraderie in that RB room between Conner, Eno and Ward. I think the decision comes down to Ingram vs Williams and there is only one smart choice there.

Chance they could keep all 5 for the first 6 games while Hop is suspended and park someone like Ateman and Boldin on the PS.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Williams is gone. there is a friendship and camaraderie in that RB room between Conner, Eno and Ward. I think the decision comes down to Ingram vs Williams and there is only one smart choice there.

Chance they could keep all 5 for the first 6 games while Hop is suspended and park someone like Ateman and Boldin on the PS.

Camaraderie? Didn't know that, by extension, they had a problem with Williams, not that their opinions actually matter.

I'll lay a wager, your choice, that Williams is designated RB#2 leading into game one.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Camaraderie? Didn't know that, by extension, they had a problem with Williams, not that their opinions actually matter.

I'll lay a wager, your choice, that Williams is designated RB#2 leading into game one.

Who knows? But it wouldn't surprise me if Williams was odd man out. There was a lot of work on RB's in the latest Flight Plan and Williams was an afterthought. Barely got 20 seconds where Ward and Eno got full sit down interviews.

But as I say, who knows.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If someone had posted a video of him missing a block though, you’d be posting about Keim blowing a pick…
lol Okay Steve. It's a preseason game and they're late round picks. I'm not losing sleep over missed blocks or going crazy over good performances. Let's wait and see.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Have you read this somewhere?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hayes did well on stunts all night. Worked pretty well passing them off to Jones. HE uses his arms to create separation very well and he attacks the stunt.

Absolute confirmation bias but I liked Hayes pre-draft and was shocked he dropped as far as he did. This game confirmed what I liked about him and that he can play. At least that is the story I am telling myself.

He is a load...

Like him and Smith.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
A lot of missteps there. If he eliminates those he likely has 10+ more yards. He will learn all the stutter doesn’t work as well at this level. That said, his power looks good. His hands look good. And that one move to the outside with the cutback was beautiful. Kid has talent.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know. He dances too much before hitting the hole. It worked for him a couple times though.
He moves piles & whatever dancing he does, it‘s but a nanosecond before he drives forward & moves the pile. He has great hands & is a 3 down back. If and when Conners gets hurt, and he will, this kid would fill in nicely.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of missteps there. If he eliminates those he likely has 10+ more yards. He will learn all the stutter doesn’t work as well at this level. That said, his power looks good. His hands look good. And that one move to the outside with the cutback was beautiful. Kid has talent.
yeah... saw a lot of dancing/stutter steps that aren't going to get him far if he keeps doing it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave