Preseason: Arizona Cardinals @ Cinncinati Bengals game day thread. 8/12/22

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At least we don't have to worry about Chris Streveler taking up a roster space this year.
CS just won their game for the Jets over the Eagles. Took his team down the field in the final minute. A couple of good runs and a winning pass from about the ten (I'm guessing). A real happy guy according to the TV guys.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
these two teams are rediculously closely matched, according to yahoo sports...

points scored
az 26.4
cinn 27.1

pts allowed

az 21.5
cinn 22.1

yds per game

az 393.8
cin 385.2

pass yds
az 271.7
cin 282.7

rush yds
az 122.1
cin 102.5

3rd downs

az 45.2 percent
cin 39.6 percent

sacks

az 40
cin 41

of couse we had the tale of two seasons last year. Obviously in september or october we would have destroyed the bungals.... but in december they would have destroyed us.

but it goes to show.... stay healthy, play consistent, and get a little luck...and instead of having a legendary collapse in the wc round ....maybe your playing in the super bowl.

we really were that close fellas.....
I’d like to agree with this assessment, I so would, but: 1) Joe Burrow studies film and 2) KK (enough said, eh?).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some quick observations

Dortch is a lock. Andy is toast.

Hayes looks like a player at Guard. Arms like a gorilla.

Leccy Smith looked good at C.

McSorley is good depth. Guarantano looks like a good find for the PS.

Team discipline was much better. Very few penalties.

Nice game overall.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He should be on the field before Cameron Thomas at this point. He had a good preseason last year, got some plays in the regular season. He is faster and stronger.
He showed some good burst and he looks stout. I wouldn't be shocked to see him become a solid player. Smart guy (Duke) and solid athlete.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The DL played with far more energy than last year. I attribute that to coaching. For me, we made a big upgrade in DL coaching. Isabella will never get any credit, and that’s warranted, but if McSorley didn’t have a noodle arm, Isabella could have had a couple of long plays. And Dortch is legit. Lastly, we played with far discipline that expected for a preseason game.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s clear that Dortch is better than Isabella, but I also think he’s better than Wesley. I thought that before last night’s game, too.
I guess they will keep Wesley cause of his length but Dortch is the better player, gritty dynamic quick and has reliable hands
We have a good depth so I don't know how much snaps Dortch can have but he is also a Kr Pr
Imo the depth should be
Hopkins
Brown
Moore
Green
Dortch
Wesley
Curious to know if Moore will be used more down the field and in slant routes or basically like an extra rb catching 95% of his passes in the backfield which it probably means wasting his talent

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s clear that Dortch is better than Isabella, but I also think he’s better than Wesley. I thought that before last night’s game, too.
Dortch is a monster & definitely better than Wesley. He also brings the explosiveness that Rondale possesses. And with Moore’s injury history concerns, Dortch becomes a great insurance policy. His ability to return punts also frees up Rondale to strictly be a WR threat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose