Premier League Coverage Stinks These Days

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Starting last year, and continuing into this year, the Premier League coverage has absolutely sucked in the US. Less games on TV, far less Premier League mornings shows, and I can't name a televised PL sports news show beyond Men in Blazers, which barely counts, if they're even still airing it. I mean, did they have 1/2 an hour of PL mornings all weekend, and that at noon yesterday? You'd think, with the sport and league gaining American fans, there would be more TV coverage, not less.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Starting last year, and continuing into this year, the Premier League coverage has absolutely sucked in the US. Less games on TV, far less Premier League mornings shows, and I can't name a televised PL sports news show beyond Men in Blazers, which barely counts, if they're even still airing it. I mean, did they have 1/2 an hour of PL mornings all weekend, and that at noon yesterday? You'd think, with the sport and league gaining American fans, there would be more TV coverage, not less.

Do you have Peacock?

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Do you have Peacock?
I do, and that's where they've migrated the coverage. Have to have Peacock or y0u'll barely see any of the games. That's how they're making their money off it, I know, but I still won't be happy that they've scuppered the simple TV coverage.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I guess the one thing the US has going for it is that you can see many games, I think all of them, if you are willing to pay for it. Also the time difference isn’t awful. You won’t get much analysis and it’s hard to find others that care.

On the flip side in England you can access 24/7 analysis, you can go to games, but you have to buy both cable channels sky and BT, yet they still black out all of the 1500 matches on Saturday which really sucks.

I’ve been relying on YouTube and match replays a lot. You can find some decent international coverage there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the one thing the US has going for it is that you can see many games, I think all of them, if you are willing to pay for it. Also the time difference isn’t awful. You won’t get much analysis and it’s hard to find others that care.

On the flip side in England you can access 24/7 analysis, you can go to games, but you have to buy both cable channels sky and BT, yet they still black out all of the 1500 matches on Saturday which really sucks.

I’ve been relying on YouTube and match replays a lot. You can find some decent international coverage there.
I have Peacock, but I greatly prefer to go to football highlights on Reddit and find a Sky/BT feed. The announcers for the NBC coverage is pretty garbage. Although this year, they did add Peter Drury which is a major get.

I thought that only the Saturday 3PM coverage is blacked out in the UK, not every Saturday game?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN does ESPNFC each night which mostly talks about Europe, so there's that.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I have Peacock, but I greatly prefer to go to football highlights on Reddit and find a Sky/BT feed. The announcers for the NBC coverage is pretty garbage. Although this year, they did add Peter Drury which is a major get.

I thought that only the Saturday 3PM coverage is blacked out in the UK, not every Saturday game?
That is correct, only the Saturday 1500 games are blacked out. The featured noon match and evening match on Saturdays are rotated on sky and bt. You can’t use any foreign apps and England do a decent job of blocking pirate streams. Maybe a vpn would work there. you do usually get to see every big match, but there are some that slip through the cracks because sky and bt are obliged to feature every PL side through out the season.

I have peacock and YouTube tv. I’ve yet to miss a game that I’ve wanted to watch. But yes you are right, the nbc coverage is not great. I used to enjoy watching match of the day on BBC on Saturday nights. I think alan shearer, Gary lineker, and Ian Wright are still on that. They would recap every game and show detailed highlights.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
ESPN does ESPNFC each night which mostly talks about Europe, so there's that.
Yeah they are decent. They will definitely speak their minds and sometimes it is entertaining. I watch their coverage more than nbc. NBC do get interviews with players and coaches sometimes, that about the only thing I will wait for after a match is over.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is correct, only the Saturday 1500 games are blacked out. The featured noon match and evening match on Saturdays are rotated on sky and bt. You can’t use any foreign apps and England do a decent job of blocking pirate streams. Maybe a vpn would work there. you do usually get to see every big match, but there are some that slip through the cracks because sky and bt are obliged to feature every PL through out the season.

I have peacock and YouTube tv. I’ve yet to miss a game that I’ve wanted to watch. But yes you are right, the nbc coverage is not great. I used to enjoy watching match of the day on BBC on Saturday nights. I think alan shearer, Gary lineker, and Ian Wright are still on that. They would recap every game and show detailed highlights.
I usually download at least one of the two MotD for the weekend. It really is a great show.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Peacock is obnoxious with summer of their replay delays

Why have Leeds/Everton not available until 6 am tomorrow?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peacock is obnoxious with summer of their replay delays

Why have Leeds/Everton not available until 6 am tomorrow?
That is my biggest gripe about Peacock. If you do not watch the game live, you cannot see it until the next day.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Oh that sucks about peacock. Youtube tv let’s you record the matches on USA and nbc. Really it’s all USA channel and peacock now.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When did that start? I was watching games all last season within a few hours after final whistle. Had to watch the replay of today's game on NBC sports, though.
This year it seems.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
It's hit or miss

Some they have available, some you have to wait

I could watch Chelsea, but Leeds was next day

A couple weeks ago Chelsea was next day and others available

It's obnoxious

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads