Prejudiced Against Kyler Murray?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I was wrong on Rodgers too. Thought he was just the next in line of Jeff Tedford quarterbacks to put up great college numbers only to fail in the nfl

But I do think sitting behind Favre for a few years changed his fate
I dont think sitting helped him much at all.

Rodgers is the same guy I watched at Cal.

Big arm, big balls. Some people got hung up on variables that have been proven to be wrong. Same issue with Mahomes and all the air raid guys. And some spread guys too. Ignore the offense, look at the throws.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Lifer​

JoinedOct 23, 2005Posts12,607Reaction score7,266

Harry is also very clearly biased. I don’t take any stock to his opinion on Kyler.

I stand by that

But so what. We all have players we defend and we all have players we don’t like and knock.

Anybody who tells you oh I never let my emotions come into my sports takes is full of it. This would be boring if that was the case

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Big arm, big balls. Some people got hung up on variables that have been proven to be wrong. Same issue with Mahomes and all the air raid guys. And some spread guys too. Ignore the offense, look at the throws.
It did.

His throwing mechanics looked drastically different at Cal compared to the pros.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Exactly. Look at arm strength, accuracy, mobility, and how they protect the ball. If they're good at all those things, and put up video game numbers, then they can probably read a defense too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Exactly. Look at arm strength, accuracy, mobility, and how they protect the ball. If they're good at all those things, and put up video game numbers, then they can probably read a defense too.
I mean guys like Graham Harrell obviously aren't NFL players.

But I remember when I was saying the Cardinals should draft Mahomes, a bunch of people said he was just an Air Raid QB and they all suck.

What I saw was a stupid great arm. Rodgers was similar and had ice in his veins. I thought it was crazy that everyone was higher on Alex Smith even though he played in a real funky offense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It did.

His throwing mechanics looked drastically different at Cal compared to the pros.
I'm more replying to his comment of sitting "changing his fate". Rodgers would have been great even if he started day one. Maybe not as successful right away, but Rodgers' personality is why he is so great.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah see I think sitting in the green room all day waiting to be drafted... then having to sit behind a hall of gamer.... it pissed him off and he has been playing with a chip on his shoulder ever since

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Ah hell, it ain’t like anybody is right, I mean sustain 75% correct picks each week and vegas will give you a job. Have you ever let experts from any network pick a fantasy draft? the team sucks and loses most weeks.

i have always enjoyed watching km, still think we should establish rbs early to protect him and see his best ball. He has been hurt each year, but gets back up and plays hard.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
The thing I like about Murray is he’s so “well spoken” def not a “thug” like that other guy.

He’s just an athletic freak. I’m trying to come up with a nickname to give him comparing him to an animal I just can’t think of one yet.
Shame on you... That's a pretty crappy comment. I'm not here to call ANY BODY out at all but that was an awful comment.
" Well spoken " SMH... " Def not a thug like that other guy " SMH...
How someone speaks has more to do with their environment and less to do with the type of person they actually are, I am hoping I'm wrong about who you meant when you stated; " that other guy ". But, please feel free to explain what makes " that other guy " a thug because he's not " so well spoken "... Just curious why someone's speech patterns means they are more or less of what you consider a " Thug "...
I enjoy this forum because it is simply about The Cardinals and Football.. I hope all the rest stays out of this forum. Wonder what "animal you will come up with to call Kyler " SMH... How about just calling him what everyone else in this forum seems to call him... ( Kyler, K1, Murray).

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
K1 was (and is) a physical outlier at the QB position -- the shortest starting QB in the NFL. Slight build too -- i think 190lb at the combine?

While nobody doubted his arm, his mechanics were also all over the place. He breaks rules there all the time (i.e. no throwing off the back foot).

Add to that his very limited college career -- 1 year basically.

so i think for long time NFL people who have a bunch of tried and true standards for what makes NFL QBs: K1 was a really tough evaluation in general, and represented a crazy, super risk at No. 1 overall.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shame on you... That's a pretty crappy comment. I'm not here to call ANY BODY out at all but that was an awful comment.
" Well spoken " SMH... " Def not a thug like that other guy " SMH...
How someone speaks has more to do with their environment and less to do with the type of person they actually are, I am hoping I'm wrong about who you meant when you stated; " that other guy ". But, please feel free to explain what makes " that other guy " a thug because he's not " so well spoken "... Just curious why someone's speech patterns means they are more or less of what you consider a " Thug "...
I enjoy this forum because it is simply about The Cardinals and Football.. I hope all the rest stays out of this forum. Wonder what "animal you will come up with to call Kyler " SMH... How about just calling him what everyone else in this forum seems to call him... ( Kyler, K1, Murray).

It was sarcasm bud, but it’s hard to get sometimes. I understand that.

If you think this board is just about football your going to be very disappointed. I’m guessing you weren’t here for all the Cam Newton stuff and the term “ thug” being thrown around like crazy when talking about him

Or a certain poster trying his hardest to make the term “The Horse” David Johnson’s nickname. As a minority I def notice this stuff more than most. People do it without even noticing what they are saying because to them it’s normal. I’ve learned to let it go here.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was sarcasm bud, but it’s hard to get sometimes. I understand that.

If you think this board is just about football your going to be very disappointed. I’m guessing you weren’t here for all the Cam Newton stuff and the term “ thug” being thrown around like crazy when talking about him

Or a certain poster trying his hardest to make the term “The Horse” David Johnson’s nickname. As a minority I def notice this stuff more than most. People do it without even noticing what they are saying because to them it’s normal. I’ve learned to let it go here.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

someone tried to nickname David Johnson "The Horse"?!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
someone tried to nickname David Johnson "The Horse"?!
It is something bad?
I have no idea
Animals in general are much better then our mankind, so don't get if people use it to offend someone, or the horses should be offended?

Last edited: