Pregame thread: Week 2 Minnesota @ Arizona 9-19-21

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dude. He left us in 2018. He was All Pro in '19 and '20 and a pro bowler in '20.

I'm not saying Keim was wrong to cut him but the "we don't let good players go" line is a joke.
Dude ... you are mad? When I say that Mathieu wasn't wrong and you say it your self, you still attack me? What read into my post when you read my posts?

Look 2017 Mathieu played poorly, 2018 Keim asked him to take a pay cut to keep other players, the pay cut would have made Honey Badger still one of the best payed Safties, for crying out loud, that was a good deal he got for playing poor and not up to 12.5 Mio$ a year.

He has now got less money by Houston and KC than he would have in his first contract and around the same after the pay cut that Keim wanted. That says everything that is wrong with the whole thing.

The 2020 SB loss and his lie ... made him less likeable for 80% of the league.

Overall yes Mathieu is a great Player but in Arizona he couldn't stay healthy (4 of 5 season he didn't play all 16 games) and when healthy he played not up to 12.5 Mio $. Arizona needed money, Mathieu didn't play well and was asked to take a pay cut, he thought he was worth more when in reality he wasn't and no one payed him like the cards after 2017. So yes Keim sometimes messes up with veterans, but on others he doesn't. Do we let good players go? Gosh we let go Boldin, prime Dansby, Calais and many more...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude ... you are mad? When I say that Mathieu wasn't wrong and you say it your self, you still attack me? What read into my post when you read my posts?

Look 2017 Mathieu played poorly, 2018 Keim asked him to take a pay cut to keep other players, the pay cut would have made Honey Badger still one of the best payed Safties, for crying out loud, that was a good deal he got for playing poor and not up to 12.5 Mio$ a year.

He has now got less money by Houston and KC than he would have in his first contract and around the same after the pay cut that Keim wanted. That says everything that is wrong with the whole thing.

The 2020 SB loss and his lie ... made him less likeable for 80% of the league.

Overall yes Mathieu is a great Player but in Arizona he couldn't stay healthy (4 of 5 season he didn't play all 16 games) and when healthy he played not up to 12.5 Mio $. Arizona needed money, Mathieu didn't play well and was asked to take a pay cut, he thought he was worth more when in reality he wasn't and no one payed him like the cards after 2017. So yes Keim sometimes messes up with veterans, but on others he doesn't. Do we let good players go? Gosh we let go Boldin, prime Dansby, Calais and many more...

I'm not attacking you. Keims quote was that he doesn't let good players leave. Which is just not true.

He's trying to say CJ isn't going anywhere and money isn't an issue when he showed with Calais and Badger that it is.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not attacking you. Keims quote was that he doesn't let good players leave. Which is just not true.

He's trying to say CJ isn't going anywhere and money isn't an issue when he showed with Calais and Badger that it is.
I don't know Keims quote, he is often a talker... like many GM

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know Keims quote, he is often a talker... like many GM

That's what this whole discussion is about. Not the it was right to cut Badger but that he doesn't let good players leave. Which is BS.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am indeed. Fans that see tickets as a commodity and opportunity for profit are not my type of fan.
Well, they are a commodity. Don’t know what to tell you. Some sell a couple/few and substantially their cost. We’ve never done it, but I get it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
should have been around in the SDS days... there were only about 18-20k of us diehards at every game... the rest of the stadium was filled with enemies.
we got rowdy back then.... taught my 3 year old son to throw ice cubes at anyone wearing a cowboys jersey... one game in the NEZ... this dude comes walking down the stairs in a cowboys jersey, carrying loads of snacks...like four drinks...dudes arms were full... I was watching the game but my boy was bored...so he reached out and grabbed dudes pant leg as he went by... the guy stumbles and his food and drinks went everywhere...... the guy wanted to get scrappy as my kid is laughing his ass off... but when dude started to get aggressive a huge wall of red jerseys stood up and just looked at him.... he decided to continue on his way...beerless and nacho free.. Im a huge believer that a person should never feel comfortable going into a stadium wearing the opposing teams jersey..but at SDS they were all too comfortable... the Cardinals were always the visiting team in those days.
Wow that’s awful

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wow that’s awful
Seriously awful. He taught his son to do that? Should've made the kid repay the guy out of his own allowance money. There's solidarity against opposing fans and then there's acting like...well, acting like Eagles fans in the upper deck at the old Vet. NO ONE should want their kid to act like an Eagles fan in the upper deck of the old Vet.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seriously awful. He taught his son to do that? Should've made the kid repay the guy out of his own allowance money. There's solidarity against opposing fans and then there's acting like...well, acting like Eagles fans in the upper deck at the old Vet. NO ONE should want their kid to act like an Eagles fan in the upper deck of the old Vet.

You spelled awesome wrong.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed. I’d have made my boys apologize and pay him back. There’s rooting for your team and there’s being a good member of society. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never had to fight. I was tailgating with KoC. Tim had enough fight for EVERYBODY
He was pretty feisty... I can’t even count how many games attended at SDS and never a fight....

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Myself and 4 buddies were all in westgate last night Tying one on… the amount of purple around sucked and all the stupid SKOL chants that would break out in the bar was ridiculous.

PLEASE WIN TODAY!
Several teams has loud and obnoxious fans (Cowboys, Raiders, Jets, Eagles), but none are worse than Vikings fans, IMO. I recall a game at SDS, when I was still in Section 28...and the entire pie shaped section to my right (2 sections over, so maybe section 26???) was entirely made up of Vikings fans. At some point in the 3rd qtr one fan got into it with another and soon the entire section was in a brawl. These were all Vikings fans fighting amongst each other. Needless to say security came and cleared the section out. It was the craziest thing I had witnessed, since seeing a guy taken away on a backboard in the upper deck (north endzone) when the Cowboys were in town.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You spelled awesome wrong.
Great, then if I see you wearing a jersey I don't like, I'm allowed to push you, knock you down, and make you spill coffee all over yourself. Then jeer and threaten violence if you want to retaliate. Better yet, I'm allowed to encourage a child to do so. That would be awesome, right? Please, drag your knuckles more.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great, then if I see you wearing a jersey I don't like, I'm allowed to push you, knock you down, and make you spill coffee all over yourself. Then jeer and threaten violence if you want to retaliate. Better yet, I'm allowed to encourage a child to do so. That would be awesome, right? Please, drag your knuckles more.

We're talking about a kid having been surrounded by rowdy opposing fans all game tugging on a trouser leg.

I'm sure he didn't foresee the guy launching everything.

And it happened 20 years ago. Yet people feel the need to get preachy about it.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Fights were common in SDS. We were pissed off from baking on metal benches in 110 degree heat.
Those who were not there just don’t know what those cowboys fans were like every season. It wasn’t safe for a cards fan to walk alone through the parking lot. Retaliation was necessary.

But I do truly value the opinions of those who became “Diehards” just as soon as we had air conditioning

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those who were not there just don’t know what those cowboys fans were like every season. It wasn’t safe for a cards fan to walk alone through the parking lot. Retaliation was necessary.

But I do truly value the opinions of those who became “Diehards” just as soon as we had air conditioning

100%. Also an entirely different time. Fan violence then was maybe a punch or two. A lot of pushing and as mentioned you might get tripped or a beer on you.

Now you got escalation way beyond that.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I was always treated well in the upper bowl of the vet. Never any issues as a braves and cards fan.

Lincoln Financial, Citizens Bank Park and M&T Bank field.

Im always the away guy too. Never phases me.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Right? Yeesh.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We're talking about a kid having been surrounded by rowdy opposing fans all game tugging on a trouser leg.

I'm sure he didn't foresee the guy launching everything.

And it happened 20 years ago. Yet people feel the need to get preachy about it.
What does timing have to do with right and wrong. Hitler killed 6 million of my kind. But that was 80 years ago so it’s okay. Weird response.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Well as a family who had season tickets since the moment they were put on sale and on the sunny side of SDS to begin with to boot, I can proudly proclaim that somehow me, cheese, brother-who-shall-not-post, our pop, and our family friends who attended every game never even came close to a fight or even words. Crazy, right? Naw.