Pregame thread: Week 2 Minnesota @ Arizona 9-19-21

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re-doing a vet contract with 3 years left would be an astronomically terrible decision.
That’s your opinion. Jones has produce with the exception of last year. After 17 sacks we could have extended him 2 years.
His contract would be ending at 33 and we could have got 2019 prices.
No we are looking at franchising him, which he will be thrilled to death with, or signing him to a contract that will take him into 34-35 years old.
Of course we could deal him or let him walk.
My guess is we will sign him and many will complain at the structure and the length.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Keim sometimes makes bad decisions on veterans, but Mathieu never was one, he played bad, even with Houston he wasn't great. And still KC isn't a great D but a great O.

Hopefully, today we have a nice game, no injuries and our Team plays well and wins.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I definitely see a Cards win here. Hopefully we'll clean up the penalties (this is 100 percent a must and unacceptable if we don't) and figure out the rules/have the ref figure out the rules on substitutions so we dn't have to burn TOs. Regardless, I think we--dare I say it--cruise against the Vikes.

:stick: :stick: :stick:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Keim sometimes makes bad decisions on veterans, but Mathieu never was one, he played bad, even with Houston he wasn't great. And still KC isn't a great D but a great O.

Hopefully, today we have a nice game, no injuries and our Team plays well and wins.

Dude. He left us in 2018. He was All Pro in '19 and '20 and a pro bowler in '20.

I'm not saying Keim was wrong to cut him but the "we don't let good players go" line is a joke.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope the right cards show up they can play down to opponent lvl sometime

Dline must contain cook cant let him go bannas

Hopin murray offense puts up numbers

Hopin for best outcome obviously

Riseeee up red sea!!!!! Show force today

Goooooooo cards

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Myself and 4 buddies were all in westgate last night Tying one on… the amount of purple around sucked and all the stupid SKOL chants that would break out in the bar was ridiculous.

PLEASE WIN TODAY!

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Myself and 4 buddies were all in westgate last night Tying one on… the amount of purple around sucked and all the stupid SKOL chants that would break out in the bar was ridiculous.

PLEASE WIN TODAY!
Oh there will definitely be a bunch of purple in the stadium. There are so many transplants from that area of the country who come and live here in AZ. And considering they only get to see their team play here every 8 years, these fans will spend any amount needed to attend the game. (So when you see a bunch of Vikings fans, don’t be too mad at Cardinals fans)

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s funny how the beginning of this season is shaping up to match the start of last year:

Week 1: Road victory against a “super bowl” contender. (This victory builds some hope and expectation around the team)

Week 2: Facing an opponent at home in which we are favored to win. (Everyone was very anxious thinking, “same ol Cards”)

Week 3: If we start 2-0 this is a game in which everyone will expect us to win easy. (This is where I think they started reading their own press clippings last year as they lost a game to the Lions that they shouldn’t have)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh there will definitely be a bunch of purple in the stadium. There are so many transplants from that area of the country who come and live here in AZ. And considering they only get to see their team play here every 8 years, these fans will spend any amount needed to attend the game. (So when you see a bunch of Vikings fans, don’t be too mad at Cardinals fans)

It's the home opener in a crucial season for the franchise. Especially Kyler. And coming after a great road win.

I'm going to be mad at anyone who sold their ticket to a Vikings fan.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's the home opener in a crucial season for the franchise. Especially Kyler. And coming after a great road win.

I'm going to be mad at anyone who sold their ticket to a Vikings fan.
Then you must be mad every game. AZ is a very transitory state. Lots of transplants. Other team virtually always has opposing presence that’s somewhat significant. Is what it is with cardinals football.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
John and I got a win in green bay, and who wasn't there??? Hmmmm!! But you and I got a win in Dallas, so I'm still thinking it's you.
We all three got a loss in new Orleans, so that kills the idea that John is the jinx killer.
Wait I first met john in st Louis and we got two wins in a row. The secret is to just go with John. Since you and I lost in Philly and in Minny.@Cardsfanstl @Buckybird
You must be registered for see images attach

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I definitely see a Cards win here. Hopefully we'll clean up the penalties (this is 100 percent a must and unacceptable if we don't) and figure out the rules/have the ref figure out the rules on substitutions so we dn't have to burn TOs. Regardless, I think we--dare I say it--cruise against the Vikes.

:stick: :stick: :stick:
toga...toga....toga...Toga...Toga....Toga!!!
Im with ya brother... I think this team has enough talent to overcome kliff as long as they are healthy.
feels great to be positive about the team doesnt it...lets hope it lasts longer than three weeks this year.

REDBIRDS!!!!!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then you must be mad every game. AZ is a very transitory state. Lots of transplants. Other team virtually always has opposing presence that’s somewhat significant. Is what it is with cardinals football.

I am indeed. Fans that see tickets as a commodity and opportunity for profit are not my type of fan.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But it's not just fans. It's mostly ticket brokers. They bought a ton of tickets when the toaster opened. The fact that every game has been sold out, makes for brokers to profit.

There is that too but every stadium has that.

Those stadiums don't have games like the Steelers game last year where it looked like more Steelers fans than Cards fans.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am old. We used to buy tickets directly from the teams. I don't know if that would help at all. Bottom line is people who have the tickets want to sell them, brokers, teams, fans, and if your team doesn't create a winning tradition, other teams fans are most likely to buy the tickets. Plus if you have a place like Phoenix, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, etc., people will buy tickets there to see there teams rather than some cold place that sucks!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
There is that too but every stadium has that.

Those stadiums don't have games like the Steelers game last year where it looked like more Steelers fans than Cards fans.
should have been around in the SDS days... there were only about 18-20k of us diehards at every game... the rest of the stadium was filled with enemies.
we got rowdy back then.... taught my 3 year old son to throw ice cubes at anyone wearing a cowboys jersey... one game in the NEZ... this dude comes walking down the stairs in a cowboys jersey, carrying loads of snacks...like four drinks...dudes arms were full... I was watching the game but my boy was bored...so he reached out and grabbed dudes pant leg as he went by... the guy stumbles and his food and drinks went everywhere...... the guy wanted to get scrappy as my kid is laughing his ass off... but when dude started to get aggressive a huge wall of red jerseys stood up and just looked at him.... he decided to continue on his way...beerless and nacho free.. Im a huge believer that a person should never feel comfortable going into a stadium wearing the opposing teams jersey..but at SDS they were all too comfortable... the Cardinals were always the visiting team in those days.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
should have been around in the SDS days... there were only about 18-20k of us diehards at every game... the rest of the stadium was filled with enemies.
we got rowdy back then.... taught my 3 year old son to throw ice cubes at anyone wearing a cowboys jersey... one game in the NEZ... this dude comes walking down the stairs in a cowboys jersey, carrying loads of snacks...like four drinks...dudes arms were full... I was watching the game but my boy was bored...so he reached out and grabbed dudes pant leg as he went by... the guy stumbles and his food and drinks went everywhere...... the guy wanted to get scrappy as my kid is laughing his ass off... but when dude started to get aggressive a huge wall of red jerseys stood up and just looked at him.... he decided to continue on his way...beerless and nacho free.. Im a huge believer that a person should never feel comfortable going into a stadium wearing the opposing teams jersey..but at SDS they were all too comfortable... the Cardinals were always the visiting team in those days.

This is awesome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave