Pregame thread: Week 2 Minnesota @ Arizona 9-19-21

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calais Campbell and Tyrann Mattieu says hello
Mathieu was a shell of himself at the time he left. Had he remembered this was the team that took a chance on him coming out of college he’d still be here. If I recall he took less money to go to Houston I guess based on principle.
I loved him here. Now not so much.

That being said Jones was everything you could hope for in a player. His contract should have been redone TWO years ago. He was coming off 17 sacks at 29 years old.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cuz you guys didn't pay us to stay away. If I'm correct this will be stadium number 23 and I think it's the only team we have not see the cards play live.
It will be #23 and we haven’t seen the cardinals and Texans play live I don’t think either

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I like Talib. I just wish that he talked more scheme and strategy pre-snap that I have seen in the past.

I want smart former NFL vets doing analysis as games go on. It's one of the reasons the Monday night Manning worked so well for me. That last quarter and overtime was catnip for a guy like me. Inject it into my veins!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tyrann definitely was not good when he left here.

Mathieu was a shell of himself at the time he left. Had he remembered this was the team that took a chance on him coming out of college he’d still be here. If I recall he took less money to go to Houston I guess based on principle.

That being said Jones was everything you could hope for in a player. His contract should have been redone TWO years ago. He was coming off 17 sacks at 29 years old.

He was a 25 year old all pro and pro bowl safety that had a single down year.

I had no issue with them moving on from him as they had Budda coming through but it was a money based decision. Not talent.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When the media on opposing team starts saying they coach needs one of best game plans ever to win, my spidey sense starts to tingle. Bad things tend to happen when this team starts to get hyped up.

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score

I had no issue with them moving on from him as they had Budda coming through but it was a money based decision. Not talent.
He actually had bad year after the knee injury, then the down year (2). He took less money to leave…

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not playing the hindsight game with Matthieu but Campbell should’ve been tagged and letting go of Reddick for a few mil will go down as a mistake.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They offered the player a contract coming off two surgeries. He was unhappy and left for Houston where he took less money than the Cards offered him. He left.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They offered the player a contract coming off two surgeries. He was unhappy and left for Houston where he took less money than the Cards offered him. He left.

No. He was under contract. Keim asked him to take a pay cut and then cut him when he told him to swivel.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yes, but I'll be there with the family so they got a chance. @Buckybird
Have fun brotha!

Hey me & John got the win in Nashville...guess who wasn’t there? Lol. We know who the jinx is

Chandler did a selfie with us before the game & I ask for 2 sacks & he got us 5 lol

Attachments

• 9245B245-57C6-4D60-96AB-E498842AD9CA.jpeg
    9245B245-57C6-4D60-96AB-E498842AD9CA.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 12

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Re-doing a vet contract with 3 years left would be an astronomically terrible decision.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Have fun brotha!

Hey me & John got the win in Nashville...guess who wasn’t there? Lol. We know who the jinx is

Chandler did a selfie with us before the game & I ask for 2 sacks & he got us 5 lol
Hey John and I got a win in green bay, and who wasn't there??? Hmmmm!! But you and I got a win in Dallas, so I'm still thinking it's you.