Pregame thread: Week 2 Minnesota @ Arizona 9-19-21

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No excuse to lose to the Vikings. We are 14 points better than the Bengals. We are at home. And if we want to make the playoffs we win this game. Yesterday was on paper a brutal game. On the road, AFC contender and at 1pm. We dominated. We should beat Minnesota 37-17(20). But 24-21 would still work.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, I would have preferred Minnesota pull out the win today, everyone knows an 0-2 start essentially means your season is over (last time I checked I think you have around a 80% chance of missing the playoffs if you start 0-2).
Considering how bad the NFC North looked yesterday, I don't think this will be true for them or any other team in that division. Especially if Aaron Rodgers continues to wear that giant "I don't want to be here anymore" sign.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My honest opinion is you couldn't wish for a better week 2 game.

The game plan that worked for the Titans you can pretty much roll over for the Vikings. The Vikings are Titans light. Cousins is not as good Tannehill without the athleticism. Cook = Henry. Theilen and Jefferson are a similar matchup to Julio and Brown. The O line is ok but has weaknesses. Their defense isn't great. You stop Cook and make Kirk throw and your odds greatly improve.

That's pretty much how the Bangals won yesterday, by stopping Cook.

The only difference is that P2 know's our offense intimately and I'm sure will be letting it all out to the Vikings coaches.

The Vikings offense will be more of a challenge and I do realize this post might lead to some crow next week but I think we win by 2 scores.

Both also have garbage OC's.
Agreed with most of this. I do believe the Vikings run game is a bit more advanced than Tennessee's and Cook will put pressure on the backside cutback lanes. The Kirk Cousins and Ryan Tannehills are the type of QBs we should shut down.

Justin Jefferson can be a handful so we will see how they deal with him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My honest opinion is you couldn't wish for a better week 2 game.

The game plan that worked for the Titans you can pretty much roll over for the Vikings. The Vikings are Titans light. Cousins is not as good Tannehill without the athleticism. Cook = Henry. Theilen and Jefferson are a similar matchup to Julio and Brown. The O line is ok but has weaknesses. Their defense isn't great. You stop Cook and make Kirk throw and your odds greatly improve.

That's pretty much how the Bangals won yesterday, by stopping Cook.

The only difference is that P2 know's our offense intimately and I'm sure will be letting it all out to the Vikings coaches.

The Vikings offense will be more of a challenge and I do realize this post might lead to some crow next week but I think we win by 2 scores.

Both also have garbage OC's.
I’d largely agree with all this. I think the primary differences between the skill positions is that the Titans are physically bigger and stronger whereas the Vikings are faster with more wiggle. So the challenges change, but largely the same problems: RB and WRs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Odd watching P2 only play RCB, so used to him playing the other side. Hopkins is going to eat him on toast next week.
I hope you’re right, but the ones that have the most success against PP have been speed receivers with wiggle. That said, the ghost of fat Alshon Jeffries did him dirty not so long ago, and hop is so good that this likely comes to fruition.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chan might have 10 sacks after next week.

Just looking at their O line grades vs Bengals and only one had a pass pro grade over 60. Most under 50.

And Bengals D line isn't great.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chan might have 10 sacks after next week.

Just looking at their O line grades vs Bengals and only one had a pass pro grade over 60. Most under 50.

And Bengals D line isn't great.
Bengals had 5 sacks and Vikings fan echoing same thing that Oline was terrible

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're skipping the Vikings game

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member