Pregame thread: Week 2 Minnesota @ Arizona 9-19-21

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What does timing have to do with right and wrong. Hitler killed 6 million of my kind. But that was 80 years ago so it’s okay. Weird response.

lol, sure. My response is the weird response.

It's not at all weird for you and @Stout to be moralizing about how fellow fan raised his children and how you would never (while clutching your pearls again) allow your children to behave in such a way because he told an anecdote about something that happened 20 years ago.

Fun sponge guy got it right.

I mean, who reads that and thinks "Here's the perfect opportunity for me to criticize my fellow fans parenting skills while virtue signalling about how much better I am as a parent and all round bearer of moral standards".

P.S Trying to equate a child tugging a trouser leg with mass genocide must be the biggest straw man ever

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We're talking about a kid having been surrounded by rowdy opposing fans all game tugging on a trouser leg.

I'm sure he didn't foresee the guy launching everything.

And it happened 20 years ago. Yet people feel the need to get preachy about it.
No, you think the entire thing was, and I quote, awesome. You weren't talking about something accidental. You thought it was cool, so don't back down on it now.

Clutching my pearls. Mm hmm, riiight.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, you think the entire thing was, and I quote, awesome. You weren't talking about something accidental. You thought it was cool, so don't back down on it now.

Clutching my pearls. Mm hmm, riiight.

Yeah, I thought it was funny. In that it happened 20 years ago to some Cowboys fan and on the face of it it's an hilarious image.

My first thought was not "I must make a stand against this moral outrage of milkshake and burger spillage and pontificate about how my 3 year old kid would never do that and how they would be punished if they did".

Because this is a football forum, where we are allowed to laugh at Cowboys fans launching their food down the stairs.

I really don't know why you would feel the need to ridicule your fellow Cardinals fan on a Cardinals forum over something his kid did decades ago to an opposing fan. I'm amazed @oaken1 hasn't ripped you a new one.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought it was funny. In that it happened 20 years ago to some Cowboys fan and on the face of it it's an hilarious image.

My first thought was not "I must make a stand against this moral outrage of milkshake and burger spillage and pontificate about how my 3 year old kid would never do that and how they would be punished if they did".

Because this is a football forum, where we are allowed to laugh at Cowboys fans launching their food down the stairs.

I really don't know why you would feel the need to ridicule your fellow Cardinals fan on a Cardinals forum over something his kid did decades ago to an opposing fan. I'm amazed @oaken1 hasn't ripped you a new one.
Uh huh. It's awesome a kid purposefully trips someone to make them spill their expensive stuff and then the guy gets threatened with violence if he is upset about it. I'm not amazed others think it is terrible behavior and terrible behavior to encourage in a child. And if I'm "ripped" for that opinion, it won't bother me one bit.

Also, I notice you completely ignored the shoe on the other foot side of it. You'd blow a gasket if someone did that to you.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh huh. It's awesome a kid purposefully trips someone to make them spill their expensive stuff and then the guy gets threatened with violence if he is upset about it. I'm not amazed others think it is terrible behavior and terrible behavior to encourage in a child. And if I'm "ripped" for that opinion, it won't bother me one bit.

Also, I notice you completely ignored the shoe on the other foot side of it. You'd blow a gasket if someone did that to you.

You can think all that and not feel the need to preach about it here.

The guy was just telling a story in relation to opposing fans in stadiums. 99% of people would just think it was funny. 0.9% of people would clutch their pearls and think "How terrible" and move on.

Only 0.1% would feel the need to get unnecessarily righteous about it on a football forum. How fortunate we are to have two of them.

I'm not ignoring anything by the way, because I'm just chuckling at the story on face value. I, like everyone else, don't feel the need to deeply analyse the morality of something that happened 20 years ago. I'm sure @oaken1 could provide you with a description and you can try track him down on a Cowboys forum somewhere. Make sure he wasn't too butt hurt and offer him sincere apologies on behalf of all Cardinals fans. I'm sure we can have a whip round to cover his costs plus inflation.

Otherwise, I don't know what the pair of you hoped to achieve with this morality crusade other than probably piss @oaken1 off for life and make others think you are a bit odd.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
lol, sure. My response is the weird response.

It's not at all weird for you and @Stout to be moralizing about how fellow fan raised his children and how you would never (while clutching your pearls again) allow your children to behave in such a way because he told an anecdote about something that happened 20 years ago.

Fun sponge guy got it right.

I mean, who reads that and thinks "Here's the perfect opportunity for me to criticize my fellow fans parenting skills while virtue signalling about how much better I am as a parent and all round bearer of moral standards".

P.S Trying to equate a child tugging a trouser leg with mass genocide must be the biggest straw man ever
Not equating - using an extreme to show the fallacy of time softening the issue. It’s called nuance.

And btw, “virtue signaling” is a BS made up construct by those who don’t want to be, or refuse to recognize being, virtuous. You can try to besmirch virtue in this day and age, but doing good is still being good and doing bad is still doing bad. You can’t make good bad try as people might these days.

And if someone doesn’t want their actions judged, particularly ones that help the destruction of society one tiny step at a time, they probably shouldn’t post them on a public forum.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not equating - using an extreme to show the fallacy of time softening the issue. It’s called nuance.

And btw, “virtue signaling” is a BS made up construct by those who don’t want to be, or refuse to recognize being, virtuous. You can try to besmirch virtue in this day and age, but doing good is still being good and doing bad is still doing bad. You can’t make good bad try as people might these days.

And if someone doesn’t want their actions judged, particularly ones that help the destruction of society one tiny step at a time, they probably shouldn’t post them on a public forum.

This might be your best yet. You said,

"What does timing have to do with right and wrong. Hitler killed 6 million of my kind. But that was 80 years ago so it’s okay. Weird response."

That's not nuance. That's the ultimate strawman. You are basically trying to say "If we shouldn't talk about a little kid tripping a Cowboys fan then we can't talk about Hitler".

What I actually said was that it was completely pointless talking about a Cowboys fan spilling some milkshakes 20 years ago because that kid has long grown up. There is nothing to be achieved other than make yourself look like a bit of a tool. Which is a far cry from the lessons that can be learned from the genocide of a race.

This is classic,

"And if someone doesn’t want their actions judged, particularly ones that help the destruction of society one tiny step at a time, they probably shouldn’t post them on a public forum."

So much here to break down,

1, I'm guessing Oaken1 didn't expect to be judged by his fellow fans for his young kid tripping someone 20 years ago. He didn't murder anyone. But it's good to see you admit you are being judgmental.
2, Thinking any of this is some kind of "destruction of society" is nuts. I imagine even Stout is doing the Homer Simpson backing into bushes on reading this. As if kids, or even rival fans, haven't been pranking the opposition in every sport since Priscus vs Verus. If you had a time machine you would probably find a kid making someone spill his olives and wine in the Colosseum.

I'm guessing you put a knife through kids balls that land in your garden too. Just to fight against the destruction of society.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can think all that and not feel the need to preach about it here.

The guy was just telling a story in relation to opposing fans in stadiums. 99% of people would just think it was funny. 0.9% of people would clutch their pearls and think "How terrible" and move on.

Only 0.1% would feel the need to get unnecessarily righteous about it on a football forum. How fortunate we are to have two of them.

I'm not ignoring anything by the way, because I'm just chuckling at the story on face value. I, like everyone else, don't feel the need to deeply analyse the morality of something that happened 20 years ago. I'm sure @oaken1 could provide you with a description and you can try track him down on a Cowboys forum somewhere. Make sure he wasn't too butt hurt and offer him sincere apologies on behalf of all Cardinals fans. I'm sure we can have a whip round to cover his costs plus inflation.

Otherwise, I don't know what the pair of you hoped to achieve with this morality crusade other than probably piss @oaken1 off for life and make others think you are a bit odd.
The fact that you think you’re in the 99% is all I need to know about (a) your ethics, and (b) your self-delusion.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
smh Oh my. The lengths some will go to defend a simple, one word "Awesome" reply.
Right? He’s freaking blow his mind if someone “pranked” him like this. I mean, look at him explode over criticism of someone else’s actions. Lol. Again, lack of total self awareness.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
smh Oh my. The lengths some will go to defend a simple, one word "Awesome" reply.

Its funny you think I'm defending myself and not being gobsmacked at the two of you needing to pointlessly moralize about a 20 year old prank by a kid

I'm done with this.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Its funny you think I'm defending myself and not being gobsmacked at the two of you needing to pointlessly moralize about a 20 year old prank by a kid

I'm done with this.
Ah my favorite - get in a last word abd then yell “I’m done!”

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose