Pregame thread: Week 2 Minnesota @ Arizona 9-19-21

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May as well get the conversation started. I worry about this one Minnesota has talent and will be desperate not to start 0-2

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
May as well get the conversation started. I worry about this one Minnesota has talent and will be desperate not to start 0-2
I look forward to the day when our opponent is fearful of us because we lost the week before. I've honestly never heard that about us.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... I’ll be flying back from Chicago next Sunday. Wonder if that will be the game on FOX on Southwest.

for all my frequent fliers, do you guys know if you stream League Pass if you purchase internet on flights? I remember a couple years ago you could get internet but not streaming capabilities on Southwest. Been a while since I’ve been in the air and could watch on my LEAGUE PASS if I can stream on a plane.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmmm... I’ll be flying back from Chicago next Sunday. Wonder if that will be the game on FOX on Southwest.

for all my frequent fliers, do you guys know if you stream League Pass if you purchase internet on flights? I remember a couple years ago you could get internet but not streaming capabilities on Southwest. Been a while since I’ve been in the air and could watch on my LEAGUE PASS if I can stream on a plane.
I was able to on southwest last fall.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was able to on southwest last fall.
On the NFL Ticket APP? That’s AWESOME news. Definitely worth the twenty bucks for internet.

then I can watch almost the entire game AND then come here to get ripped on for hours to kill the rest of the flight afterward!:mrgreen:

oh man... I feel REALLY bad for whoever’s sitting next to me on that flight. Never watched a Cards game on a plane. That should be a hilarious experience.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Kid #2 has a soccer game at 11:45, so will miss the beginning of the game while we get to stadium. Anything like today and it will already be over before we arrive.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
what do I want to see??

a victory? of course

do I want to see Kyler expose and abuse PP21??... sounds petty to want such a thing...screw it, color me petty...would be great to see kyler put up 15 completions for 280 yds and 3 touchdowns...all on pp21

minnesota has some weapons... but they have shown over the past couple seasons that they have no heart..no guts.... IMO if we smack them early, then keep applying pressure they will lay down..... who is their qb again?? is it still that 28 million dollar fully guaranteed regular season diva?...its only week 2 so you cant count him out.
but overall I thing we can put up 28 points on their defense, and I dont think they can put up 28 points on ours.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the NFL Ticket APP? That’s AWESOME news. Definitely worth the twenty bucks for internet.

then I can watch almost the entire game AND then come here to get ripped on for hours to kill the rest of the flight afterward!:mrgreen:

oh man... I feel REALLY bad for whoever’s sitting next to me on that flight. Never watched a Cards game on a plane. That should be a hilarious experience.
Yup. On the Sunday ticket stream thing.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, I would have preferred Minnesota pull out the win today, everyone knows an 0-2 start essentially means your season is over (last time I checked I think you have around a 80% chance of missing the playoffs if you start 0-2).

I sense this team has matured and will handle Sunday well. Something that pumped me up today was seeing Kyler throw the TD to Kirk immediately after he had thrown the INT in the previous possession and he was still pissed, shaking his head on the sideline in disgust…After throwing a TD.

It’s one game at a time and this next one is huge. Gotta get a win over an NFC opponent.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My honest opinion is you couldn't wish for a better week 2 game.

The game plan that worked for the Titans you can pretty much roll over for the Vikings. The Vikings are Titans light. Cousins is not as good Tannehill without the athleticism. Cook = Henry. Theilen and Jefferson are a similar matchup to Julio and Brown. The O line is ok but has weaknesses. Their defense isn't great. You stop Cook and make Kirk throw and your odds greatly improve.

That's pretty much how the Bangals won yesterday, by stopping Cook.

The only difference is that P2 know's our offense intimately and I'm sure will be letting it all out to the Vikings coaches.

The Vikings offense will be more of a challenge and I do realize this post might lead to some crow next week but I think we win by 2 scores.

Both also have garbage OC's.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They're similar to the Titans on offense great running game, 2 very good WR's(not as big) and a veteran QB. I think on paper their defense is better than the Titans.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I was at the Bengals Vikings game...they had 12 penalties--mostly by the OL, 4 on the opening drive, Breeland and Alexander were awful. Burrow rarely threw at Peterson and didn't really have to.

The game became pretty one dimensional with the Vikings being behind in the 4th quarter, lots of passes thrown.

IMO the Vikings are nothing special, the Cards just need to avoid a let down game.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose