Preferred 1st round opponent

Would do you think we match up with best in a series?

• Total voters

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I am probably in the minority but the Spurs scare me.

whatever they were doing defensivly to us in that last game was disrupting us incredibly well.

I feel like we can guard Steph pretty well, they really don’t worry me at all. Memphis I don’t worry about either.
Pop is one of the best coaches of all times regardless of who's on his team you don't want to see them in the playoffs because they are going to put up a fight

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked golden state , curry is going to be curry but that team isn't very good right now. I see them or memphis being the teams we should beat without to much problems, atleast we "should"

I don't know if there is a playoff team we can expect to beat without "to(o) much problems"? We have a lot of big wins but keep in mind that we've also lost to Sacramento, Detroit, Memphis, Washington, OKC, New Orleans, Charlotte, Indiana, Minnesota, Orlando and San Antonio this season. I like our chances in a 7 game series against any of our likely first round opponents but we've been pushed even in a lot of our wins.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there is a playoff team we can expect to beat without "to(o) much problems"? We have a lot of big wins but keep in mind that we've also lost to Sacramento, Detroit, Memphis, Washington, OKC, New Orleans, Charlotte, Indiana, Minnesota, Orlando and San Antonio this season. I like our chances in a 7 game series against any of our likely first round opponents but we've been pushed even in a lot of our wins.

Also, Memphis is finally healthy with JJJ back in the fold and playing well.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
FWIW, we are 12 and 4 against these teams.

In 10 out of the 12 wins, the opposing team was missing at least 1 significant player, (Klay, Curry, JJJ, Porzingis, AD, Lebron, Michael Porter Jr., McCollum etc.).

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It's looking like a real possibility that the Lakers could drop to 6th. That would make getting the 1 seed that much more important because we could possible avoid the Lakers and the clippers in the 2nd round.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's looking like a real possibility that the Lakers could drop to 6th. That would make getting the 1 seed that much more important because we could possible avoid the Lakers and the clippers in the 2nd round.

man, that would be a total gift if true. Give us the Spurs/Memphis/GS in the first round and a Mavs/Nuggets matchup in round 2? That sounds like a damn dream.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd go with Dallas. I absolutely love Luka, but that team is a hot mess. There is no way in hell they beat the Suns in a seven-game series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd go with Dallas. I absolutely love Luka, but that team is a hot mess. There is no way in hell they beat the Suns in a seven-game series.

agreed. Also, Ayton might be super motivated because you know there would be a TON of Ayton/Doncic draft hype surrounding the series. Was the right pick made, blah, blah. It could set up A series where he can try and make a statement that he was and IS the right pick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
agreed. Also, Ayton might be super motivated because you know there would be a TON of Ayton/Doncic draft hype surrounding the series. Was the right pick made, blah, blah. It could set up A series where he can try and make a statement that he was and IS the right pick.
Okay. Don’t hold your breath on that one.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought about that narrative in a Dallas series also but it seems talk of that draft has died down as of late. That's not to say it won't start back up if that's the matchup but I'm so tired of it that I was hoping to avoid it as long as possible.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Try to lighten up, will you Ouchie. Good lord. Such a downer!
I would’ve been done talking about it had you not thrown out the zinger. Look, I’m stoked where this team is. And Ayton is a huge part of it. But doesn’t mean I’m not entitled to be concerned about him. A long playoff run would likely be anywhere from 12-18 games. We’ve never seen ayton. maintain his high end play for that many games.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Derrick White of the Spurs is expected to miss the rest of the season.

From Associated Press via ESPN:

MIAMI -- The San Antonio Spurs do not expect starting guard Derrick White back this season because of a sprained right ankle, coach Gregg Popovich said Wednesday.

White was injured in the Spurs' win Monday in Washington. The fourth-year guard is averaging a career-best 15.4 points this season for San Antonio, which played 18 of its first 19 games this season without White because of a toe injury.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...rrick-white-miss-rest-season-due-ankle-sprain

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I would’ve been done talking about it had you not thrown out the zinger. Look, I’m stoked where this team is. And Ayton is a huge part of it. But doesn’t mean I’m not entitled to be concerned about him. A long playoff run would likely be anywhere from 12-18 games. We’ve never seen ayton. maintain his high end play for that many games.
I get that, but 90% of your posts have been overwhelmingly negative. Your concerns are certainly valid, but at least try to enjoy this win.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get that, but 90% of your posts have been overwhelmingly negative. Your concerns are certainly valid, but at least try to enjoy this win.
That’s complete hyperbole. The majority of my posts have been celebrating last nights victory, looking forward to the Utah game, and congratulating sanders on his mea culpa. Again, why not just place me on ignore, chap, instead of criticizing what I choose to post. You’re not addressing the substance of my posts, but my posting at all. Cmon man.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That’s complete hyperbole. The majority of my posts have been celebrating last nights victory, looking forward to the Utah game, and congratulating sanders on his mea culpa. Again, why not just place me on ignore, chap, instead of criticizing what I choose to post. You’re not addressing the substance of my posts, but my posting at all. Cmon man.
Grow up. You can't take criticism and you're a lawyer? And I'm barely criticizing you. And yes, a majority of your posts over the past 24 hours have been negative.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Grow up. You can't take criticism and you're a lawyer? And I'm barely criticizing you. And yes, a majority of your posts over the past 24 hours have been negative.
Why do you have to resort to insults? And why do you have to criticize what I decide to post? If you disagree with the content say so - you know attack the post not the poster? And I guess if you count the game day thread, sure but you can say that about anyone. Post game it’s been pretty much positive. But that doesn’t fit your narrative. You just need to put me on ignore dude. You attack me once a week at least.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Why do you have to resort to insults? And why do you have to criticize what I decide to post? If you disagree with the content say so - you know attack the post not the poster? And I guess if you count the game day thread, sure but you can say that about anyone. Post game it’s been pretty much positive. But that doesn’t fit your narrative. You just need to put me on ignore dude. You attack me once a week at least.
It has been positive post game but not from you.

And why would I do what you tell me to do and put you on ignore? We agree most of the time except when you overreact to criticism. We actually agree on Ayton but there is always a time and place for things. It just felt like you couldn’t take the time to just sit back and enjoy that we just put 10 years of futility behind us.

I am truly sorry, I think the fact that you are a lawyer makes me more curious why you are so defensive when you can come across much worse than this in your daily life. I thought I was attacking the negative posts not the poster.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I went with warrior's I really think suns can out run them in a tough 6 7 gm series

Gonna be long overdue for a poff appearance :) go suns

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose