Preferred 1st round opponent

Would do you think we match up with best in a series?

• Total voters

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Dame isn’t healthy that changes everything.

Lillard had 23 points and 6 assists in Portland win over Pacers tonight.

I don't want to face a healthy Portland team with Lillard, McCollum, Nurkic and Kanter.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't want to face a healthy Portland team with Lillard, McCollum, Nurkic and Kanter.

thats definitely got the makings of a 6-7 game series, especially if our inexperience costs us Game 1 and Dame goes nuts.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats definitely got the makings of a 6-7 game series, especially if our inexperience costs us Game 1 and Dame goes nuts.

Trail Blazers are a team that can forget about the regular season and put it together in the playoffs.

There are no easy outs in the West.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trail Blazers are a team that can forget about the regular season and put it together in the playoffs.

There are no easy outs in the West.

Yeah depending on health I think there are probably 12 teams that could win it all and most of them are in the West.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mavericks more than doubling up the Warriors at the half

The Warriors have been clobbered a few times this season. I recall a game they lost to Toronto by almost 60 around the All-Star break. They're either on or off and if they're off they're really off.

SunnyBaller

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I picked golden state , curry is going to be curry but that team isn't very good right now. I see them or memphis being the teams we should beat without to much problems, atleast we "should"

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am probably in the minority but the Spurs scare me.

whatever they were doing defensivly to us in that last game was disrupting us incredibly well.

I feel like we can guard Steph pretty well, they really don’t worry me at all. Memphis I don’t worry about either.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

If our wings falter in that series it’s game over. Kanter/nurkic will outperform Ayton/saric as duos. And Dame/McCollum are more explosive than Paul/Booker. It will likely come down to bridges/cam/crowder/Craig and that’s a really inconsistent bunch.

SunnyBaller

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I am probably in the minority but the Spurs scare me.

whatever they were doing defensivly to us in that last game was disrupting us incredibly well.

I feel like we can guard Steph pretty well, they really don’t worry me at all. Memphis I don’t worry about either.
Pop is one of the best coaches of all times regardless of who's on his team you don't want to see them in the playoffs because they are going to put up a fight

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked golden state , curry is going to be curry but that team isn't very good right now. I see them or memphis being the teams we should beat without to much problems, atleast we "should"

I don't know if there is a playoff team we can expect to beat without "to(o) much problems"? We have a lot of big wins but keep in mind that we've also lost to Sacramento, Detroit, Memphis, Washington, OKC, New Orleans, Charlotte, Indiana, Minnesota, Orlando and San Antonio this season. I like our chances in a 7 game series against any of our likely first round opponents but we've been pushed even in a lot of our wins.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there is a playoff team we can expect to beat without "to(o) much problems"? We have a lot of big wins but keep in mind that we've also lost to Sacramento, Detroit, Memphis, Washington, OKC, New Orleans, Charlotte, Indiana, Minnesota, Orlando and San Antonio this season. I like our chances in a 7 game series against any of our likely first round opponents but we've been pushed even in a lot of our wins.

Also, Memphis is finally healthy with JJJ back in the fold and playing well.

taz02

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
FWIW, we are 12 and 4 against these teams.

In 10 out of the 12 wins, the opposing team was missing at least 1 significant player, (Klay, Curry, JJJ, Porzingis, AD, Lebron, Michael Porter Jr., McCollum etc.).