Prediction Thread

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Give me your predictions for some individual awards for the 2021 season.

MVP of the team?

Most improved?

Biggest Disappointment?

I’ll go first.

-MVP: sign me up for K1. I just feel like going into year three, having a normal off-season and more weapons at WR is going to result is in his best year thus far as a pro.

-Most improved: I want it to be Devon Kennard (just bc he was basically a ghost last year) but I’ll go with Isaiah Simmons. I think he really came during the latter part of the season as his snap counts increased. I think he’s going to make a lot of impact plays.

Biggest Disappointment: I feel like it’s going to be Jordan Phillips. We paid him all that money and this one just feels like it’s going to turn out as a bad investment. As he even practiced during training camp? Do you guys think he’ll actually be ready for the start of the season? I just remember him looking out of shape last year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MVP - I hope it's Kyler, but as Nuk is pretty much a sure thing for 1400 yards I'll go with Nuk.

Most improved - I'm going to go with Kirk. I think he will be better inside and while we are all focused on what Rondale will bring in the gadget game I think Kirk gets some play in that area too (as he did successfully before last year).

Disappointment - Hard for it to be Philips, he's already a big disappointment. I want to say Byron Murphy. I still don't see it with him. To me he's been a JAG. I know people are expecting a big leap which I hope happens but I have my doubts.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MVP - Rodney Hudson.

Most improved - Zach Allen.

Biggest Disappointment - Isaiah Simmons.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
MVP: Offense - Connor | Defense: Baker

Most Improved: Offense - K Johnson | Defense - Simmons

Biggest Disappointment: Offense - Kirk | Defense - Golden

Team MVP: Prater

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m reaching, but I did see some flashes in a few games from him & hopefully he learns a lot from JJ. Along with the injuries going away.

I'm not sure he's going to get enough snaps to impress. He's going to get most of the snaps Watt doesn't get, that's max 35% according to reports. I'd be surprised if he can get to 45% of snaps.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure he's going to get enough snaps to impress. He's going to get most of the snaps Watt doesn't get, that's max 35% according to reports. I'd be surprised if he can get to 45% of snaps.
Will probably get way more than that with Watt’s durability concerns.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MVP of the team? - Kyler Murray will have over 5000 combined yards and honestly I think he has a strong chance to get to 5500 combined yards.

Most improved? This is easy it's Chase Edmonds. His career high is 448 yards rushing. There are 15 carries a game vacated with Drake gone and I don't see Connor getting those carries. Only injury will keep Edmonds from doubling his career high.

Biggest Disappointment? Robert Alford. Fool me thrice you shall not do.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Man I just don’t see anything with Zach Allen.
My issue with Allen has been his lack of availability.

PFF noted that he has one of the highest tackle percentages of any DL in the NFL. It was something like 80% which is extremely high for a DL. You'll see it if you go back and review last season....if Allen is near a ball carrier, he almost always takes them down.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
MVP - Kyler Murray. If Kyler isn't the MVP, then things either went sideways or a player like Chase Edmonds has a monster year. I expect K1 to surpass 30 TDs passing this year and he will probably set a few Cardinals single season record.

Most improved - Byron Murphy. I think Murphy establishes himself as a good CB this year. Not a #1, but a good #2 corner.

Most Disappointing - Chandler Jones. I think he has a steady, but not spectacular year. He is getting older and is coming off a season ending injury. I think he gets maybe eight sacks which will be a poor year for a guy who has been a leading pass rusher.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
MVP - Chandler. He’s going to have a big year provided he remains healthy. He will be the #1 benefactor to the upgraded front 7.

Most improved - Kyler. He’s going to have stats, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he had better numbers in 20 than he ends up with in 21. I’m hoping this is the year he begins to see more of the field and makes good decisions (escape the pocket, quick look, throw the ball at the bench- save the wheels for when chunks of real estate can be bought).

Most Disappointing - Chase. I just don’t see him as an every down back, don’t think he’s gonna cut it, and the position will be identified as the biggest need going into 22. This won’t be Chase’s fault; the FO is setting him up this way.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
MVP - Chandler. He’s going to have a big year provided he remains healthy. He will be the #1 benefactor to the upgraded front 7.

Most improved - Kyler. He’s going to have stats, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he had better numbers in 20 than he ends up with in 21. I’m hoping this is the year he begins to see more of the field and makes good decisions (escape the pocket, quick look, throw the ball at the bench- save the wheels for when chunks of real estate can be bought).

Most Disappointing - Chase. I just don’t see him as an every down back, don’t think he’s gonna cut it, and the position will be identified as the biggest need going into 22. This won’t be Chase’s fault; the FO is setting him up this way.

Chase isn't going to be the every down back according to the team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA