Preacher (AMC)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I like weird, funny and violent stuff but try as I might, I can't get into this show for the life of me.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I like weird, funny and violent stuff but try as I might, I can't get into this show for the life of me.

I'm okay with weird, funny and violent stuff but usually when it's all 3, it tends to run darker than I'd like. That's not the case here. I love the characters and I love the potential of this show and I'm not at all bothered by the violence or the eccentricities. But I'm about to give it up too. It's just soooooooo slowwwwww.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I am struggling a bit because the show seems to have multiple personality disorder when it comes to telling the "story" so far. This last episode (fight scene) was pretty damn cool though. For me this show is on the bubble. Will stick it out to see where it goes but I don't think I could handle more than a season of this show if they continue to tell the story the way they are. If this is simply a setup for all the characters so that in Season 2 they can get into the "meat" I am good with that.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
season finale was pretty wild....preacher and the gang taking their show on the road

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Such a weird show. Actually, I really liked some of the characters they left behind but it will be interesting to see where they go with it.

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
Joseph Gilgun's Oirish accent has got to go. Will have wait to watch the DVD with CC to understand the dialogue in several of his scenes. Other than that, completely enjoyed this season.

I imagined half the writers trying to paint the other half into a corner with impossible story lines, then coming up with the most irreverent justification possible to move things forward. Fun, goofy ride.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joseph Gilgun's Oirish accent has got to go. Will have wait to watch the DVD with CC to understand the dialogue in several of his scenes. Other than that, completely enjoyed this season.

I agree, lose the accent or at least as much as possible. But if you think he's hard to understand in Preacher you should watch him in Lockout. The movie won't win any Oscars but if you're in the mood for a low budget action movie with sci-fi overtones, you could do far worse than this one. Gilgun and Guy Pearce make the 90 minutes race by. It's obviously a rip-off of Escape From New York but they gave Pearce better cheesy one-liners than Kurt Russell had to work with.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Been a fan of Dominic Cooper since The Devils Double. If you like him in this, I suggest watching that movie too.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Binged watched this over the weekend. Fun show with some crazy characters.

I can't wait for S2.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Two episode season premier. It was solid. On Talking Preacher the creators mentioned season one was the setup and season two is where they start to get in line with the comic books.
I never read the comics. But season two started off with a bang...lots of bangs actually, lol.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Anybody still watching this series? Man, season 3 is just getting darker and darker. It's pushing my limits.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave