Practice 8/15

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was able to make it to one more practice. Small crowd today. Maybe 1000-2000 people would be my guess. Much less than when I went during the opening week but school was still out for most kids then.

Notes:

Fitzgerald is a human vacuum. Made an amazing diving catch on the sideline that got the crowd cheering. Was catching everything that was catchable.

Peterson had a fantastic INT where he just skied over the WR and made an amazing catch. Again much to the delight of the fans in attendance.

Mendenhall and Ellington looked great after their time off. Ellington looks so fast out there.

Yeremiah Bell had a nice INT

Didn't see a single pass to Housler all day during the 11 on 11 time.

PP ran a reverse and it looked like he might have tweaked his ankle but later it appeared to be a non issue.

They tried two WR screens to PP on offense and both times they failed. The first time was blocked wrong and the second time Palmer threw the ball too low for PP.

Bobbie Massie got beat pretty bad on one play that I saw that happened right in front of us.

Alphonso Smith had a pass hit him square in the chest with a loud thud as it bounced off him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for the WR battle. I'd say after the top three the next three appear to be:

Jaron Brown
Kerry Taylor
Charles Hawkins

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So all of these practices we are flaunting PP and not using Housler at all. I'll bet a million bucks (which means it won't happen) that during closed practices they will be running plays to Housler when it is a formation with PP in it.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So all of these practices we are flaunting PP and not using Housler at all. I'll bet a million bucks (which means it won't happen) that during closed practices they will be running plays to Housler when it is a formation with PP in it.

Agree. I do think part of Arians plan is that all of this PP attention will filter out into the atmosphere to add value to the misdirection of his master plan when PP steps in on offense.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Ellington is going to be a flat out stud. I like Taylor as a solid back, get you 3 no matter what, but Ellington is a home run hitter.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Ellington is going to be a flat out stud. I like Taylor as a solid back, get you 3 no matter what, but Ellington is a home run hitter.

You were crazy about Beanie Wells too sooooooo ;-)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW Shane, Thomas Jones. Enuff said.

I was proven right about Thomas Jones ;-)

And Whiz = 4-2 in the playoffs an a SB appearance! Still love the guy! ;)

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, MCD.

How did Floyd and Roberts look?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
After 25 years of following football, and the Thomas Jones, JJ Arrington, Chris Wells and Ryan Williams draft picks, I am a fan of the scatter approach on backs. Draft late and draft often. They wear out quickly and you can get them in late rounds

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose