PP21 Could Learn Something

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Reddog, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Reddog

Reddog Registered

Have always been a fan of PP but he is starting to remind me of the bridesmaid who can't control her emotions and tries to put herself in the spotlight at the shower, ceremony or reception. He seems to have great timing on the field but really crappy timing off the field. Why try to leave a fart cloud and take attention away from the team, the fdraft picks and fans right before the draft? He has a great role-model to emulate right across the locker room in Fitz. He is damaging his brand while Larry constantly improves his. Football is a short period of their lives and I can assure you Fitz has future plans and has built an amazing brand for himself to leverage.

I think Rosen was dragged through far worse than PP and even though he initially reacted by un-following Cards (understandable), he adjusted beautifully. Tyran was humble and transparent enough to publicly acknowledge his own poor public reactions maybe PP will too. Unfortunately, narcissism doesn't work that way. You look for a spot light to make a proclamation (16th hole) and the public forgives you and embraces you but less than 90 days you are back at it and the public will think less of you. Not so much as to lose your talent but enough to invest their fandom into a different player and lose empathy for you claims. He would be wise to show back up at camp and not say a word. Do your job PP, enjoy your top 4 positional compensation, support Byron and the rest of your teammates and be a damn leader! Then hope everyone forgets about your ill-timed tantrum and stop sabotaging your brand.

I thought it was telling that Starks and Mark May on 98.7 last week said without hesitation, as players they would not want him as their team Captain. Listen and learn PP.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6355509-...and-tyrann-mathieu-gives-him-hilarious-praise

Cardsfaninlouky, PJ1, legend and 2 others like this.
  2. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

agreed

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Site Owner Administrator Staff Member

Agree. I really like Rosen, but I think he had a better attitude after being traded to a needed QB team. If he would have stayed and had to compete with Murray for the starting QB, it would've been different, I think..

4. Finito

Finito Registered

Oh god

5. SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd The Devil's Advocate

This would have been a great draft to have traded him and his contract, swapping with a team who took a cb high in the 2nd round.

6. TJ

TJ Suge White

Unless someone gave us two first-round picks, there's nothing "great" about trading Peterson.

7. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

I do not care what Peterson thinks as long as he covers and shuts down the opposing team's stud WR... if you are looking for your CB to be a leader of your defense, you have a skewed perception of football

8. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

Two first round picks is still unlikely to make up for what you lose by trading him.

There are very few guys that consistently cover as well as Peterson does.

9. BigRedRage

And still no real word on what big puss was whining about I see. Multiple social media posts from players about how "they better not be trying to trade him" but I dont know if we were or what happened. Why isnt steve smith ripping him for taking his cardinal photos off his social media and throwing a tantrum?

10. DeAnna

DeAnna Just A Face in The Crowd

Seems to me the Cards drafted his possible replacement in Byron :shrug:

11. Reddog

Reddog Registered

No just hoping the Defensive Captain would be the leader on Defense.

12. BigRedRage

possible but a longshot IMO. I would prefer we extend pp21 next year as Byron will still be 2-3 years away from his big payday and when that comes, then we worry about it. by then pp21 should be moving to safety anyway.

13. Hoodhero

Hoodhero Registered

Keim mentioned that PP was first one to text him when Kyler was drafted. If the rookie lights it up, watch PP change his tune quickly. He loves the limelight more than any player on roster.

14. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

'Would', he has not played this year yet to gauge his actual leadership anyways

15. BW52

BW52 Registered

You probably know why Steve Smith is crickets.

Timm Rosenbach likes this.