PP Feels Appreciated in Minnesota

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I could not disagree more. As Solar said, we've kept continuity with some truly AWFUL front offices for several decades, and Keim is at best a dime a dozen. I don't view him that highly, myself. He should already have been gone. And I do NOT want us promoting from within after him. The team needs a clean break.
And what would make you think that we wouldn’t promote from within??? Hence, my comment that it’s our ownership that is lacking.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"all that matters is $" is one of the silliest things I've ever heard in my life. I'd gladly cut my pay by a ton for the right work environment. Cash is meaningless if you're unhappy. Life is too short. Pay also doesn't make up for when I feel you've disrespected me or my coworkers.

That’s great and all in your work environment in a normal job. And I generally agree. But in the NFL cash is king we see it time and time again. It’s all about contract size and the highest bidder wins. You know this too.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jefferson? Please provide references.
Arians? OK Mitch!
"Apparently" Chandler Jones? We'll see!

...dbs

yessir.... like I said pretty much PP and Badger.... Marcus Golden couldn’t wait to get back and felt ecstatic and blessed when he did. Claims he even took less $ to stay this time. Fitz kept re upping no problem year after year said many times doesn’t want to play anywhere else.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
yessir.... like I said pretty much PP and Badger.... Marcus Golden couldn’t wait to get back and felt ecstatic and blessed when he did. Claims he even took less $ to stay this time. Fitz kept re upping no problem year after year said many times doesn’t want to play anywhere else.
Gotta take Fitz outta this equation imo. He’s had the franchise by the tenders forever. I suspect he deals more with Mikey than with Keim.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I used to love P2 but since the whole trade demand hes let himself down time and time again. He was paid so much that his family and children never have to work again. Real shame and I hope we show him up when we play the Vikings, Rondale to skin him a few times

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just saying, Keim seems to have done a bang up job of letting players leave here spiteful and unhappy with their time here when they once loved it. I think the dude probably lacks tact.

I think this goes beyond Keim. We've had players leave big mad before Keim. These are professional athletes, they know this is a business, and yet we've had a lot of players leave angry on a seemingly personal level. This indicates, to me, that Bidwill himself is the issue. Maybe he makes promises me can't keep or doesn't communicate as effectively as he needs to. But the issue has been around since before Keim was GM.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it didn't take long for the attitude to break through with P2. After composing a goodbye letter thanking the organization, he's now making disparaging remarks about the Cards. Going to enjoy Nuk lighting him up and a whole rash of holding penalties on him, come week 2.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think this goes beyond Keim. We've had players leave big mad before Keim. These are professional athletes, they know this is a business, and yet we've had a lot of players leave angry on a seemingly personal level. This indicates, to me, that Bidwill himself is the issue. Maybe he makes promises me can't keep or doesn't communicate as effectively as he needs to. But the issue has been around since before Keim was GM.

Players leaving a team, any team, pissed they didn't get the deal they wanted are a dime a dozen.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I used to love P2 but since the whole trade demand hes let himself down time and time again. He was paid so much that his family and children never have to work again. Real shame and I hope we show him up when we play the Vikings, Rondale to skin him a few times
Rondale would embarrass P2. The only type of receiver that P2 can cover these days is Fitz. He CANNOT handle the smaller, quicker guys.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don't forget Adrian Wilson too. Keim cut him and he came back.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It’s few and far between when a player WANTS to leave the team that drafted them and they had success with.

It always comes down to money. The player didn’t get what they thought they should so, they’re “disrespected”.

Another team gives them more and now they’re “appreciated”.

Carson Palmer, and now Watson and Rodgers, are the only players that come to mind but QBs have a lot more power.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s few and far between when a player WANTS to leave the team that drafted them and they had success with.

It always comes down to money. The player didn’t get what they thought they should so, they’re “disrespected”.

Another team gives them more and now they’re “appreciated”.
Not only that, but plenty of times the other team gives a player less, but his pride kept him from being able to take the original team's offer, and then he and his agent spin it....

...dbs

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not only that, but plenty of times the other team gives a player less, but his pride kept him from being able to take the original team's offer, and then he and his agent spin it....

...dbs

In year one, Badger did not make more than the CARDS final offer with the TEXANS.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He should enjoy it while he can. I expect he will give it all he has for the first half of the season. The problem is by mid year they will start to figure out he’s lost a step. He whines too much to the officials, usually because he grabs too often. He seems to lack awareness beyond the man he’s supposed to cover. The excitement will gradually fade. He’s a still a decent corner, but simply no longer elite.

It’s sad. He’s one of those players who could have been a beloved former Cardinal. He started great but became more focused on his image than his performance. A suspension soon followed as he looked for a shortcut to success. He became an excuse machine and the excuse was never his skills were in decline and so was his work ethic.

Facts Harry. A classic case of brown grass although I do think when it's all said and done, he will be recognized for being one of our better all-time players. I wouldn't be surprised if he lasts only 1 year in MN. I've said my personal good-byes as I was always a big fan of his, but it's time to put his behind squarely in the rear-view mirror.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose