PP Feels Appreciated in Minnesota

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A warehouse full of classic cars, a massive mansion, and 10's of millions in the bank, and who knows what other material possessions - yet all he did the last few years was whine about being appreciated, or lack of same, or whatever other petty grievance he could come up with. I got sick and tired of it, glad he's taken his pity party elsewhere.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Just saying, Keim seems to have done a bang up job of letting players leave here spiteful and unhappy with their time here when they once loved it. I think the dude probably lacks tact.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saying, Keim seems to have done a bang up job of letting players leave here spiteful and unhappy with their time here when they once loved it. I think the dude probably lacks tact.

Meh all that matters is $ And PP made out just fine in that regard.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I got a buddy who works in the sports world here in AZ and he says it’s a real thing. It’s not a coincidence that everybody leaves here on bad terms and that SK has a pretty bad reputation around the league.

I’ve defended SK in the past but if we don’t make the playoffs this year it’s time to go no way around it and I’ve been very disappointed in this offseason

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a buddy who works in the sports world here in AZ and he says it’s a real thing. It’s not a coincidence that everybody leaves here on bad terms and that SK has a pretty bad reputation around the league.

I’ve defended SK in the past but if we don’t make the playoffs this year it’s time to go no way around it and I’ve been very disappointed in this offseason

"everybody" is totally overstated. lol

FItz Sure hasn't left in a tizzy and many others since Keim has been here as well. In fact the only ones I can really think of were of the same whiny cloth PP and Badger...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

FItz Sure hasn't left in a tizzy and many others since Keim has been here as well. In fact the only ones I can really think of were of the same whiny cloth PP and Badger...

ok Shane

I think it’s pretty clear you feel a type of way.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Age always factors in, but let’s not act like it’s mere coincidence he had precipitous drop off in performance as soon as he was off the enhancement.

He did a lot great things while in AZ, but it was time for him to go.
No position in football drops off the cliff as quickly as the CB position. Some guys are smart enough to make whatever adjustments necessary to stay near the elite level. Unfortunately, I would never put PP21 in that category.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've met BASK a few times. Neither of them are pansy a$$ feely touchy guys. I like that approach with players. In the right system, SK can be very good. I hope he stays here, but it'll depend on this upcoming season. If he's gone, there's a better chance we end up with FAR less at GM, so be careful what you wish for. We have weak ownership & may always have weak ownership. Unfortunately, that's the ultimate problem with the Cardinal franchise. And has been for a century.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No position in football drops off the cliff as quickly as the CB position. Some guys are smart enough to make whatever adjustments necessary to stay near the elite level. Unfortunately, I would never put PP21 in that category.

it also has to do with the type of player they are. Guys who’s games are based on being freak athletes don’t last as long as guys who aren’t as great athletically but are more technically sound.

Roy Jones Jr is the best boxer I’ve ever seen but when he fell off it was fast and sudden because to those guys even losing half a step is huge, but Floyd Mayweather can box for 20 years because he’s just so technically perfect he’s like a boxing robot.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope he is rdy to get booed when he gets smoked for a big pass play...

Peterson one of my favorite cards but his talent is slipping

However i do wish him luck as a viking least fitz stayed commited lol

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And PP "mentored" Mathieu. Coincidence?

Can't wait to boo loudly when PP returns to play against us here - for all the crap he pulled here in recent years and the crap he is saying now.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it also has to do with the type of player they are. Guys who’s games are based on being freak athletes don’t last as long as guys who aren’t as great athletically but are more technically sound.

Roy Jones Jr is the best boxer I’ve ever seen but when he fell off it was fast and sudden because to those guys even losing half a step is huge, but Floyd Mayweather can box for 20 years because he’s just so technically perfect he’s like a boxing robot.
I agree 100%, and your take definitely applies to PP21.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Meh all that matters is $ And PP made out just fine in that regard.
"all that matters is $" is one of the silliest things I've ever heard in my life. I'd gladly cut my pay by a ton for the right work environment. Cash is meaningless if you're unhappy. Life is too short. Pay also doesn't make up for when I feel you've disrespected me or my coworkers.

I've met BASK a few times. Neither of them are pansy a$$ feely touchy guys. I like that approach with players. In the right system, SK can be very good. I hope he stays here, but it'll depend on this upcoming season. If he's gone, there's a better chance we end up with FAR less at GM, so be careful what you wish for. We have weak ownership & may always have weak ownership. Unfortunately, that's the ultimate problem with the Cardinal franchise. And has been for a century.
I don't want someone touchy feely, but they're pretty old school guys, and Keim's part of a line of front office dudes going back to 1996. Literally 25 years of continuity, with each guy learning from the last. We have a history of ineptitude, and it starts in the front office, not really MB. The one time we bring in an outside mind like Licht, he does a great job, leaves, and wins a Super Bowl.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Define "weak" ownership under Michael?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"all that matters is $" is one of the silliest things I've ever heard in my life. I'd gladly cut my pay by a ton for the right work environment. Cash is meaningless if you're unhappy. Life is too short. Pay also doesn't make up for when I feel you've disrespected me or my coworkers.

I don't want someone touchy feely, but they're pretty old school guys, and Keim's part of a line of front office dudes going back to 1996. Literally 25 years of continuity, with each guy learning from the last. We have a history of ineptitude, and it starts in the front office, not really MB. The one time we bring in an outside mind like Licht, he does a great job, leaves, and wins a Super Bowl.

Licht built a roster but had middling results until................... THE GOAT signed on!

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He should enjoy it while he can. I expect he will give it all he has for the first half of the season. The problem is by mid year they will start to figure out he’s lost a step. He whines too much to the officials, usually because he grabs too often. He seems to lack awareness beyond the man he’s supposed to cover. The excitement will gradually fade. He’s a still a decent corner, but simply no longer elite.

It’s sad. He’s one of those players who could have been a beloved former Cardinal. He started great but became more focused on his image than his performance. A suspension soon followed as he looked for a shortcut to success. He became an excuse machine and the excuse was never his skills were in decline and so was his work ethic.

Must say, PP21, I also appreciate that you are in Minnesota.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I could not disagree more. As Solar said, we've kept continuity with some truly AWFUL front offices for several decades, and Keim is at best a dime a dozen. I don't view him that highly, myself. He should already have been gone. And I do NOT want us promoting from within after him. The team needs a clean break.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave