PP Feels Appreciated in Minnesota

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He should enjoy it while he can. I expect he will give it all he has for the first half of the season. The problem is by mid year they will start to figure out he’s lost a step. He whines too much to the officials, usually because he grabs too often. He seems to lack awareness beyond the man he’s supposed to cover. The excitement will gradually fade. He’s a still a decent corner, but simply no longer elite.

It’s sad. He’s one of those players who could have been a beloved former Cardinal. He started great but became more focused on his image than his performance. A suspension soon followed as he looked for a shortcut to success. He became an excuse machine and the excuse was never his skills were in decline and so was his work ethic.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's see if the appreciations will be there when the season is over
Maybe being in a new place gives him the extra motivation

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If that’s how he feels, good for him. Hope it works out great for him.

Sometimes it’s just time for a change and it was time for PP and the Cards to move on.

No big deal.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck except in week 2. He's talking smack about week two so I hope Murray and Hopkins light him up.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Man, the hate has gone too far on PP. I personally appreciate everything he brought to this team. Every player fades a bit.
I don’t hate anyone, including PP. I do think he became demanding and behaved at times like a prima donna. He also hurt the Cards by getting suspended. In the beginning of the last season he took plays off, blamed officials for his shortcomings and seemed to alternate between loving & hating the Cards. He wasn’t much of a leader though I’d grant he played hard at times. I posted someone would overpay him, but I’m glad it wasn’t the Cards. He clearly is better than what they have but his lack of a stable attitude means the Cards would never know what to expect. I think the Vikes will find he’s become one of those players that starts out positive but gradually wears out his welcome. It’s sad. I find players who miss an opportunity to build a special relationship with a team come to regret it as they age. Consider Pujols, for example. As players retire or near retirement their legacy often becomes more important. I think most fans appreciate what he once brought to the team. However, each cheap shot only tarnishes and erodes that gratitude. Let’s hope he doesn’t drive away those who still remember the player he once was.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t hate anyone, including PP. I do think he became demanding and behaved at times like a prima donna. He also hurt the Cards by getting suspended. In the beginning of the last season he took plays off, blamed officials for his shortcomings and seemed to alternate between loving & hating the Cards. He wasn’t much of a leader though I’d grant he played hard at times. I posted someone would overpay him, but I’m glad it wasn’t the Cards. He clearly is better than what they have but his lack of a stable attitude means the Cards would never know what to expect. I think the Vikes will find he’s become one of those players that starts out positive but gradually wears out his welcome. It’s sad. I find players who miss an opportunity to build a special relationship with a team come to regret it as they age. Consider Pujols, for example. As players retire or near retirement their legacy often becomes more important. I think most fans appreciate what he once brought to the team. However, each cheap shot only tarnishes and erodes that gratitude. Let’s hope he doesn’t drive away those who still remember the player he once was.
Agree with all of this. I tend to take the players side in these instances. And I thought PP would be the heir to Fitz as face of the cards. But he just never really fit the mantle.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
And I thought PP would be the heir to Fitz as face of the cards. But he just never really fit the mantle.

i thought too

P2 was one of the first high draft picks that actually sounded happy and excited to be part of the team. That combined with high end play created lots of goodwill

and then....

trade ask + he gets suspended + then acts insulted that the Cardinals wouldnt convert his upcoming salary to bonus so he wouldnt lose much $ for the games he was suspended.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Agreed.

Not worth the love nor the money.

I'm a military guy. I love accountability. Peterson severely lacks accountability. He is an average corner now. Focus on your own faults and work on them. Peterson isn't doing that. Malcolm Butler should be a breath of fresh air because he is accountable.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Of course he feels appreciated there. He has never played and they have not seen him run the other way to avoid making a tackle. Let's wait and see if they appreciate that.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Looks like Breeland will be feeling appreciated in Minnesota as well.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had to get off the PEDs.

Or...idk just got old

Look at the guys from the top of that draft. Newton, Darius, Green, Julio, PP, JJ Watt

guess what they were all better 3 years ago. Guys get old.

but can’t tell that to this place

our 8x pro bowl, 3x all NFL, All Decade Team, team captain CB was so unaccountable and just sucked lol

laughs

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Or...idk just got old

Look at the guys from the top of that draft. Newton, Darius, Green, Julio, PP, JJ Watt

guess what they were all better 3 years ago. Guys get old.

but can’t tell that to this place

our 8x pro bowl, 3x all NFL, All Decade Team, team captain CB was so unaccountable and just sucked lol

laughs
Age always factors in, but let’s not act like it’s mere coincidence he had precipitous drop off in performance as soon as he was off the enhancement.

He did a lot great things while in AZ, but it was time for him to go.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Age always factors in, but let’s not act like it’s mere coincidence he had precipitous drop off in performance as soon as he was off the enhancement.

He did a lot great things while in AZ, but it was time for him to go.

Im not even convinced that much of the great things werent drug enhanced. Who knows how long he was doing it prior to being caught.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave